Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

1 minute ago, Norm said:

My understanding has always been a strike like that to the head after the play is an ejection, open hand or not. I said ejection the second I saw it. Guys hey away with it too. Woodson got away with a couple closed fists I remember

That Whitehead ejection was a joke. Pretty soon they'll mandate the players wear panties.

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

It wasn't just the prior GM's poor drafts that damned this team.

When it starts there - other things follow that catch up to you. No way to quantify it, but it starts with the roster

Drafting new sets of CB's twice - then you chase and sign Bennett because you can't draft a tight end because you're drafting CB's. All of that is a domino effect that adds up

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I don't agree. Rodgers is a difficult personality. He could be telling Aaron every week stop that and he'd still do it if he wanted to. 

Then that's a problem itself. If your QB doesn't respect or listen to your head coach, something has to give, and it sure as hell won't be the 80 million in dead cap part of the problem.

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

To be fair, on several play calls where we did have guys open, Rodgers missed them. This isnt all on Mac

Sacrilege!! Rodgers can't make mistakes.

It's just time for them to part ways, this isn't getting fixed together. You with me there?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

That Whitehead ejection was a joke. Pretty soon they;ll mandate the players were panties.

I'm pretty confident that is the rule though. There's no reason for him to do that **** either. 

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Was any reason given why Whitehead was ejected?  If it was because he slapped that NE player in the face I've seen a lot worse without an ejection.

he wasnt ejected. he glove-slapped the lineman, thereby challenging him to a duel.

Whitehead waited in the locker room for the duel to begin, but the Pats dude chickened out.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Party? 

I’ve literally said like 8 times I don’t want MCDaniels either, but that message hasn’t gotten through to some.  I was more Pointing out that some other sports writers have mentioned his name as a possible candidate to GB, and some of the reasons make sense, if you discount his past head-scratching actions.  I honestly don’t know who could step in and run this team and work with our cerebral QB.

Just now, Norm said:

Sacrilege!! Rodgers can't make mistakes.

It's just time for them to part ways, this isn't getting fixed together. You with me there?

Absolutely. MM is a good HC and Rodgers is without a doubt an incredible QB. There is something between them that can't be repaired. There were rumblings of it in 2015 and everyone shook it off because things got better. They can't continue together. It is best for both 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

When it starts there - other things follow that catch up to you. No way to quantify it, but it starts with the roster

Yes it starts with the roster but the roster failings are not just limited to years of poor drafting.

Overpaying his own guys was a staple of the prior GM and Gute is the guy who is being forced to clean it up.

Archived