NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

white kinda reminds me of brandon knight. he has a stiff dribble, takes a lot of contested shots, kinda upright in his movements (doesn't get low), probably is going to be an inefficient scorer with scoring being his best attribute. 

Highly disagree. Dude has a much better feel for an offense than Knight did. I see his upside as a 45/38/80 type scorer. 

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

I stood next to RJ at a HS game and at that time was about 6'4 at best. I was hoping to see his exact measurement at the combine, but of course he didn't measure. But even if he grew, I am betting he is NOT close to 6 '7..

He was 6'7" 208 with a 6'10" WS at the Nike Hoop Summit, professional measurements or your personal experience? Hm... Zion must be 6'2 then...

usa_today_10743146.0.jpg

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Highly disagree. Dude has a much better feel for an offense than Knight did. I see his upside as a 45/38/80 type scorer. 

he has the potential to be a better passer and shooter than knight but we'll see. I don't think he is as athletic as Knight was tho

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Darius Garland reminds me of Jeff Teague. You really taking Jeff Teague upside over D'Angelo Russell upside?

LIS, I haven't watched White so I can't comment on him. 

Garland is a far better natural shooter than Teague. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

he has the potential to be a better passer and shooter than knight but we'll see. I don't think he is as athletic as Knight was tho

Knight's athleticism was purely above the rim type athleticism. He's a really stiff ballhandler himself. I'm not worry about how dude's dunk. White can get anywhere he wants on the court and he can score from every level. He WAS North Carolina this year. Dead serious. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Agreed.  The Teague comp is off.  He's D'Angelo Russell without the court vision, although I don't like that comp either.  D'Angelo was a much better passer.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Still reminds me of him. He's not going to be a bad player. I just don't see a top 5 investment when I watch him. Never have.

Tiered BB

1. zion

2. Ja
3. RJ
4. Culver
5. Garland

6. Clarke
7. Doumbouya
8. Bol Bol

9. NA-W
10. Reddish
11. Hunter
12. White
13. Hayes
14.Little

I honestly could see anyone player besides zion not being a good player. Like Culver is between Evan Turner and Andre Iguodala. 

I feel like I am the only person who really likes NA-W. To me he a really high floor player. Can shoot, pass, plays hard defensively (tho not too athletic), has good size. Not a dynamic scorer but can be in that Ingles, Shai, Iggy, Lowry, type role players who bring a lot to winning. 

Archived