NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Such prisoners of the moment lol

Not really. Kawhi was firmly in the running before his issues last year. Giannis is up there to man don't be mad!

For the next 5 years I've got it

1A. Kawhi

1B. Giannis

2. Kevin Durant

3. James Harden

4. Anthony Davis

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Not really. Kawhi was firmly in the running before his issues last year. Giannis is up there to man don't be mad!

For the next 5 years I've got it

1A. Kawhi

1B. Giannis

2. Kevin Durant

3. James Harden

4. Anthony Davis

That's why we heard sooooooo much "Kawhi is the best player in the world" before this week lol. Y'all are ALWAYS prisoners of the moment here. It's nothing new. 

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's why we heard sooooooo much "Kawhi is the best player in the world" before this week lol. Y'all are ALWAYS prisoners of the moment here. It's nothing new. 

I mean he was one of the best players in the league who has taken his game to another level in the playoffs.

Playoffs trump regular season in these debates and you know it. No other reason for LeBron to have still been considered the best player in the world these last couple years without his playoff performances.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He was widely considered a top 5 player. His playoff performance has been insane.

You're actually just mad because of Giannis. Him and Kawhi are both the next tier of Lebron and KD so why you mad.

37 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He was widely considered a top 5 player. His playoff performance has been insane.

You're actually just mad because of Giannis. Him and Kawhi are both the next tier of Lebron and KD so why you mad.

Has nothing to do with Giannis tbh. I'm just lmao at everyone here. None of you clowns had him as the best player in the world until this week. It's a simple fact. Nothing more. 

If FVV doesn't go nuclear, none of you guys are saying this ****. It's really that simple. 

42 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Has nothing to do with Giannis tbh. I'm just lmao at everyone here. None of you clowns had him as the best player in the world until this week. It's a simple fact. Nothing more. 

If FVV doesn't go nuclear, none of you guys are saying this ****. It's really that simple. 

Things change. Roll with the punches, bro.

Oh, so players need help to beat good teams? Crazy. What a concept. Let's just go back and backhandedly discredit every superstar who had teammates that played well every once in a while.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Okay lol

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

He became the best player in the world when he PWN'd Giannis. The best player in the world isn't determined in the regular season, it's determined when the lights are the brightest. 

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I never said he wasn’t an elite player. Clearly he is. But an all-time legend? Nah. Not in that realm yet. 

Either way, if you're saying that Nas Little has Kawhi Leonard type potential, you're saying that you believe he has a chance to be one of the premier players in the league. Someone that can win Finals MVP,  one of the best defensive players in the league, and lead a team to the Finals as the #1 option offensively. If he has that type of potential he should be the #1 pick in the draft. 

I said basically this earlier in the thread. That Cam probably makes more high level moves than any non-pg in this draft. I think he struggled playing off the ball for the 1st time plus had 0 spacing around him. He pretty much played PG in HS with 5 other high level D1 players on the team. Once/if he gets comfortable playing off the ball I think he will be pretty good. 

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:
I said basically this earlier in the thread. That Cam probably makes more high level moves than any non-pg in this draft. I think he struggled playing off the ball for the 1st time plus had 0 spacing around him. He pretty much played PG in HS with 5 other high level D1 players on the team. Once/if he gets comfortable playing off the ball I think he will be pretty good. 

The main reason Duke's spacing was so bad was because Reddish couldn't hit open shots. Reddish flashes but overall he was pretty damn terrible last season, especially considering that he drew the other teams 3rd or 4th best defender on any given night. 

Shots at rim: 19% of his attempts came at the rim (Compared to Zion's 72% and RJ's 39%) and he only made 51.2% of those attempts (Worst on the team and even lower than Jordan Goldwire). 

Mid-Range: 19% of his attempts came in the mid-range and he only made 27.7% of those attempts (2nd worst on the team only to Marques Bolden)

3 Point: 62% of his attempts came from the 3 point line and he only made 33.3% of those attempts (Same rate as Zion, slightly better than RJ) 

He struggles to get to the rim and he struggles to finish around the rim, his first step isn't great and he needs to get a lot stronger. 

2 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Everyone said the Bucks supporting cast was way better...

Getting flukey hot doesn't make you better. Sorry, not sorry. With how tight most of the games were, FVV shooting 82% from 3 in games 4-6 was the difference. Doesn't make him better than, say, Malcolm Brogdon. 

**** happens. 

Archived