Trade deadline - Rams trade for Fowler

RamRod

19 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

I don’t hate the deal. I hope he can stay healthy. He fits in wade’s system well 

He does?  I can't help but feel like the people that keep trumpeting this don't really grasp Wade's system all that well.. or haven't watched much of Fowler since he was at Florida.

To expand, I feel like this actually hurts the run defense (which already wasn't great) because you can literally run right at Fowler and wash him out of plays because his anchor is still bad.  And he really fails to do what has been the prototype for the trait Wade absolutely wants in his OLB's which is ability to convert speed-to-power, which Fowler flatly doesn't do (he gets way to dancy and has never learned to set his feet).  

I also genuinely worry that this is actually going to undercut the effectiveness we were getting out of Littleton - who was emerging and putting his stamp on games - because Fowler's both going to leave him exposed and take away reps that had, until now, been going to Littleton to be sent on - and on which Cory was getting home on.

A 3rd round and a 5th round for a player that didn't show much for the Jaguars ?? 

I would have prefer to give these picks for Chris  Harris instead of Fowler...

It still bother me, that the secondary doesn't alarm McVay...it's our biggest weakness. 

6 minutes ago, Flounch said:

A 3rd round and a 5th round for a player that didn't show much for the Jaguars ?? 

It still bother me, that the secondary doesn't alarm McVay...it's our biggest weakness. 

I think the difference is 1) Investment already-made in the secondary and that (it won't be till December, but we're on a path where that's less of an issue because of our record) we will get Talib back this season.  And 2) Wade's and most DC's will always prefer to take the approach to safeguarding a leaky secondary by bolstering the pass-rush to compensate.

Also, there's no way in hell that kind of return fetches Chris Harris.  None whatsoever.

39 minutes ago, The LBC said:

To expand, I feel like this actually hurts the run defense (which already wasn't great) because you can literally run right at Fowler and wash him out of plays because his anchor is still bad.  And he really fails to do what has been the prototype for the trait Wade absolutely wants in his OLB's which is ability to convert speed-to-power, which Fowler flatly doesn't do (he gets way to dancy and has never learned to set his feet).  

I also genuinely worry that this is actually going to undercut the effectiveness we were getting out of Littleton - who was emerging and putting his stamp on games - because Fowler's both going to leave him exposed and take away reps that had, until now, been going to Littleton to be sent on - and on which Cory was getting home on.

Littleton is the future...he's a game changer and his stock is rising

35 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I absolutely agree.  Peters has been a disappointment and since Talib has been hurt our corners have been exposed.  Harris would've been a great pick up

Archived