2019 New NFL Head Coaches - Flores to Miami

Texas_OutLaw7

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rod took one of the least talented defensive rosters in the NFL (source: everyone who watches football) and made them good enough to win 13 games. Rod is a miracle worker. What he has done with our front 7 has been the best coaching job of any of our coaches the past 5+ years. 

I do agree that getting Richard (moving Byron) + dedicating resources to the defense has helped tremendously. 

PS: We werent fine before Rod. We had solid run of terrible defenses until Rod took over. 

And we had one of the worst defenses OF ALL TIME a couple years ago. Now we have Richard.

30 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And we had one of the worst defenses OF ALL TIME a couple years ago. Now we have Richard.

The year that we had one of the "worst defenses OF ALL TIME" Monte Kiffen was the DC. 

The next year we gutted players from our defense, were expected to be significantly worse, and won 13 games. In large part to such the huge improvement on our team due to Rod. 

Then we started drafting defensive players early and our talent level improved. 

Why are your trying to revise history? Rod has coached his defense to top 5 in the NFL every where he goes. He is one of the best DCs in the entire NFL. 

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The year that we had one of the "worst defenses OF ALL TIME" Monte Kiffen was the DC. 

The next year we gutted players from our defense, were expected to be significantly worse, and won 13 games. In large part to such the huge improvement on our team due to Rod. 

Then we started drafting defensive players early and our talent level improved. 

Why are your trying to revise history? Rod has coached his defense to top 5 in the NFL every where he goes. He is one of the best DCs in the entire NFL. 

I love what Rod has done with our DL, but the difference is night and day with Richard here. 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I love what Rod has done with our DL, but the difference is night and day with Richard here. 

Our defense was top 10 in almost every single metric last year in games that Sean Lee played. 

Having more depth/better players has helped tremendously. 

I like Richard a lot too. He has done well with our DBs. Great hire, seriously. 

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Thats interesting to me. The stats at the bottom. It feels like our defense is alot better, but its literally only 1 TD better - - for the entire season. 

I really wish Irvin was playing. Apparently he was there today. 

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Me neither. But one can hope.

I truly believe that Jerry is committed to Garrett no matter what, mainly due to the culture change he brought to the team. As mediocre as he is as a coach, and as poor a game & clock manager as he is, he’s done an outstanding job of bringing in guys who are smart (for the most part), humble, hard workers, and true team guys.  It’s the main reason why so many of us want him in the front office but not the sideline.

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I truly believe that Jerry is committed to Garrett no matter what, mainly due to the culture change he brought to the team. As mediocre as he is as a coach, and as poor a game & clock manager as he is, he’s done an outstanding job of bringing in guys who are smart (for the most part), humble, hard workers, and true team guys.  It’s the main reason why so many of us want him in the front office but not the sideline.

Agreed. Him and Mcclay work well together and finding the right guys.

I'd even be able to deal with him 1 more year as coach if he fires SL and brings in someone more willing to adapt their playcalling to what our roster.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Also rumor that JG may be fired if they lose to Seattle.

Wonder if he is waiting to see what happens here first.

Could be. Hell I wouldn't mind if they promoted him. So long as they kept him away from game day and the war room come April.

Archived