Jump to content
Spooky

Week 9 | SNF - The One with Brady and Rodgers

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I think Michel might be big in this game. My projection model right now says New England 61%. If Michel plays I'm feeling pretty okay about this one, maybe 35-23. But it's Rodgers so you never know.

This is how I'm feeling. Think the Michel factor (so, our run game basically) swings the pendulum either way.

 

Would also be nice to take the ball away from Rodgers in the end zone once or twice. I don't think there's anyway to stop him getting down the field. Gameplan defensively similar to KC.

Edited by Hunter2_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaq Mason is out; that one will hurt big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elky said:

Shaq Mason is out; that one will hurt big time.

especially against Kenny Clark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Michel, Gronk are out as well Tom will need pull another one of those hoodini acts to win this game. I trust him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Michel and Gronk are both out, we will have to feed Edelman and White nearly every time. Gordon should open up on the outside. I don't see us winning in that circumstance though, because GB O won't struggle to put up points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 4:37 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Why they are a bad matchup for our D;

Their offense thrives off slow-developing deep rout concepts, often accompanied by play-action moving the pocket. Rodgers knows to checkdown if necessary... but, given the stellar pass protection he receives (their tackles are great) and his skill at extending plays, he just as often waits until a receiver breaks free downfield. Of course, his receivers often take advantage of switch, flood, and levels concepts to beat zone coverage before Rodgers need extend the play. On the ground, the interior line struggles to gain traction, but Aaron Jones is a skilled enough athlete to overcome poor blocking.

I would say that stellar protection comes from Rodgers' linemen committing outrageous holding penalties that don't get called, as much or more than them actually being talented players. (Watch where their hands are when they block against your defenders and you'll see what I mean.) But everything else, I agree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I would say that stellar protection comes from Rodgers' linemen committing outrageous holding penalties that don't get called, as much or more than them actually being talented players. (Watch where their hands are when they block against your defenders and you'll see what I mean.) But everything else, I agree with.

I've seen a good video about Bulaga actually that prove that. I think OL are due some favourable calls, but yeah. Sneaky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I've seen a good video about Bulaga actually that prove that. I think OL are due some favourable calls, but yeah. Sneaky.

Was it this one? Probably one of the best film studies I've seen that wasn't by Bill Belichick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Was it this one? Probably one of the best film studies I've seen that wasn't by Bill Belichick.

Yup :) quite like his stuff, as long as it's not young-QB related :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Gronk, no Sony and no Mason... the offense is really short on Guards, TE and RB...

Brady and Josh will have to get creative out there. 

Edited by atmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, atmer said:

No Gronk, no Sony and no Mason... the offense is really short on Guards, TE and RB...

Brady and Josh will have to get creative out there. 

We will be ok. In Tom we trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×