You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

15 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

What concerts have you guys been to lately or are planning on going to? I just saw Cypress Hill with Rahzel as the opener. I saw Raekwon, Red & Meth, The Lox not too recently. Do you guys like going to shows?

went to a death grips featured show twice. easily the craziest show i ever been to. ratking was at one of them & i was a big fan of that group too, so that was sick. went to a pretty cool club show a couple months back w/ denzel curry and lil ugly mane. they were just rapping in the middle of the club. went to a suicideboys show too last year. those were the only shows i went to that i wanted to go to. only like going to live shows if it's obnoxious/hype rap tbh. dont really wanna go a to a show where dudes are just reciting their bars like i already always hear and the crowd is just existing there doing nothing. I'd definitely be down for those shows you went to though. 

So I've recently been listening to Lil Peep's stuff. Really, really weird for me because I'm not sure it's necessarily good, but it's really catchy and there's this weird vibe to it that makes me put a few on repeat. Really hard to explain - maybe someone else here knows what I mean. One that I've had on repeat is "We Think Too Much". I think the main reason is the beat/instrumental.

On 11/28/2017 at 7:28 PM, steadypimpin said:

What concerts have you guys been to lately or are planning on going to? I just saw Cypress Hill with Rahzel as the opener. I saw Raekwon, Red & Meth, The Lox not too recently. Do you guys like going to shows?

Just saw Nappy Roots a month or so ago.. 3rd time seeing them, 2nd time blowing with Fish Scales. They're always fun.

Concert that still stands out to me though is from a year or so ago when I went and saw King Los who was opening for MGK. Bars into Rage, it was legit

Edited by packerrfan74

4 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I'd recommend a song he is featured on called Deserve by Kyle Bent. Also a great track

He’s got a good number of tracks (and visuals on the videos) worth checking out.

Joyner is what Hopsin fans want to pretend Hopsin is.

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

Just saw Nappy Roots a month or so ago.. 3rd time seeing them, 2nd time blowing with Fish Scalez. They're always fun.

Concert that still stands out to me though is from a year or so ago when I went and saw King Los who was opening for MGK. Bars into Rage, it was legit

Oh man, I love Nappy Roots. I didn't know they even did shows. I'd love to see them. 

• Like 1

Just now, steadypimpin said:

Oh man, I love Nappy Roots. I didn't know they even did shows. I'd love to see them. 

They're great man. Their shows nowadays are so legit.. like 100-150 people tops? Last one was out in the boonies in the mountains at a damn bowling alley/bar place... chill af. They're awesome dudes as well. 

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

They're great man. Their shows nowadays are so legit.. like 100-150 people tops? Last one was out in the boonies in the mountains at a damn bowling alley/bar place... chill af. They're awesome dudes as well. 

That's cool, they have stuff like that where I live too. Naughty by Nature was out here this summer at a winery. I kinda wished I went to it. Most shows I go to are at this cool spot that hold about 400-500 people I think. Small shows are really fun.

11 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

That's cool, they have stuff like that where I live too. Naughty by Nature was out here this summer at a winery. I kinda wished I went to it. Most shows I go to are at this cool spot that hold about 400-500 people I think. Small shows are really fun.

That’s one i definitely would have went to. I prefer the small shows. There is something to be said for the 5,000+ concerts for big artists with over the top production.. but i dig the intimate feel at those small venues 

• Like 1