You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

Early favorite for hip hop AOTY.  Incredible.

Oh and the album release party was a blast. So many well respected artists there showing love.  I hung out with Lord Finesse and talked about making beats.  That was a real treat for me.  Crowd went bananas when Slug stepped on stage and did 2 songs with Ev.  And for a curtain call, Dilated Peoples blessed it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://citiesaviv.bandcamp.com/

cities aviv dropped a new album. been a minute since he released anything. his prior stuff is really good, only 2 songs deep on this new thing. 

edit: wheeeeew holy **** this is really good. recommend giving it a try if you **** w/ experimental kinda **** 

2nd edit: ehhh it's alright. starts off nice tho. 

Edited by jfinley88

new flatbush zombie album coming.. new single just dropped, it's pretty meh imo. their last album was trash iyam. BetterOffDead mixtape gonna be the pinnacle of FBZ im thinking.. since that tape only good song has been the one that didn't even make the last album for some reason.

edit: forgot how crazy the video to this song was lol, should prolly not link it. but that song "blacktivist" is what i was talking bout. 

Edited by jfinley88

New Phonte album is incredible Te gotta be one of the the most gifted ever 

Between that the new roc marc, elzhi,  ev and earth gang year is off to one of the best starts in years, hopefully get Gibbs madlib soon too 

Also still bumping that showbiz - a room therapy 

Edited by Willink
  • Like 1