BDL 2018 Week 9: Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Singapore Sentinels

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Singapore Sentinels  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2018 at 05:00 PM

Singapore D-line vs Hawaii O-line is strength on strength, but the victory goes to Singapore because they force Hawaii to keep 6 guys in on every play. That will limit Hawaii's ability to exploit a weaker back seven.

This is where I would have liked to see more info from Singapore. When Hawaii keeps Watson in to block, what does John Johnson do? What is Bostic doing at all? I really would have liked to see some form of help on Brown for sure. If Singapore plays its coverage right and lets its four man rush take on Hawaii's 6, they could really shut Hawaii down IMO.

As it stands, I think Antonio Brown and Barkley both win for Hawaii in single coverage. Singapore, on the other hand, struggles to generate offense against a pair of good CBs.

Sorry Whicker. I literally got hooked on watching something Saturday night. Forgot to finish my defensive game plan and had to do it on a tablet at work on Sunday which is a btch for me. SO I went lighter on the Def side that I would have liked.

Ignoring the PFF player shill from Hockey, Hawaii admittedly does boast a great OL and Mills. It's one of the few that probably doesn't get completely blown up by that Singapore OL, but it still does on occasion regardless. If you had to give me a backfield pairing to put behind a pass-rush that's as good as Singapore's, I think Wilson and Barkley might be my first choice and that's just what Hawaii has. I know Barkley has Smith on him, but he's just too dynamic imo and will still get his. I think Gordon's really starting to come into his own as well and along with Brown give Hawaii a top tier wideout duo who can win all over the field. 

Hawaii's D looks pretty thin and a bit low on depth in the secondary, but provided there's no injuries it can get by. Singapore's offense is just kinda there at the moment, despite having some great pieces. I've never been a Carr fan and although I'm not blaming this season on him given the situation he's in IRL, he's just too far off the pace for the BDL. The OL isn't looking great either and I think that's essentiall if you're going to have success with Carr at QB. Lastly, The Hawaii D is pretty well prepared for the Singapore offense and I think that's enough to give them the win. 

Hawaii 14 - 10 Singapore

Archived