BDL 2018 Week 9: Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Singapore Sentinels

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Singapore Sentinels  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2018 at 05:00 PM

Sorry I voted for the wrong team and meant to vote Hawaii.

This was a close one, closer than I imagined. I think Singapore DL smothers Hawaii OL (not a knock on Hawaii OL, more a praise of Sing Sing DL), which will limit Saquon and Russ ability to find open receivers on plays he extended with his legs. So to me this game relied on Hawaii ability to get the quick passing game going and Singapore ability to move the ball on offense.

For the former, I love AB in single coverage and how he's used this week. I think it provides a safe option for Russ more often than not. Don't love Gordon just a couple of days after being traded, I'd have prefered Garcon starting here for the time being. But he can catch a couple of slants and move the chains on occasion.

For the latter, while I like the additional protection for Carr in Higbee, Hawaii counters it well with a LB blitz which is gonna leave an additional 1vs1 matchup for them. And I like those matchups for Hawaii. At this point, Hunt is becoming OL proof given what he's doing behind the interior OL of KC in its current state, but Hawaii is obviously prepared and loaded up the box, so they limit Hunt/Conner duo.

Hawaii prevails in a defensive battle, 16-10

10 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Sorry I voted for the wrong team and meant to vote Hawaii.

This was a close one, closer than I imagined. I think Singapore DL smothers Hawaii OL (not a knock on Hawaii OL, more a praise of Sing Sing DL), which will limit Saquon and Russ ability to find open receivers on plays he extended with his legs. So to me this game relied on Hawaii ability to get the quick passing game going and Singapore ability to move the ball on offense.

For the former, I love AB in single coverage and how he's used this week. I think it provides a safe option for Russ more often than not. Don't love Gordon just a couple of days after being traded, I'd have prefered Garcon starting here for the time being. But he can catch a couple of slants and move the chains on occasion.

For the latter, while I like the additional protection for Carr in Higbee, Hawaii counters it well with a LB blitz which is gonna leave an additional 1vs1 matchup for them. And I like those matchups for Hawaii. At this point, Hunt is becoming OL proof given what he's doing behind the interior OL of KC in its current state, but Hawaii is obviously prepared and loaded up the box, so they limit Hunt/Conner duo.

Hawaii prevails in a defensive battle, 16-10

Aside from the voting error, you nailed it on your comments about this match up.  

Hope you don't mind but I'm stealing it and voting Hawaii.

Since Hawaii corrected the issues with starting injured players, they have been on fire.

The Sing Sing pass rush is back to being as nasty as it ever has been, but Russ is one of the few QB's with the escapability to still be able to make plays, with plenty of weapons around him to do so. Hawaii, barely.

18 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The Sing Sing pass rush is back to being as nasty as it ever has been, but Russ is one of the few QB's with the escapability to still be able to make plays, with plenty of weapons around him to do so. Hawaii, barely.

Except he's not escaping or running as much this year. He's actually been sacked more times that Carr. Which is saying something.

Archived