Sign in to follow this  
grubs10

How would you use the Le'Veon sized chunk of cap space that will free up this offseason?

How do you EXPECT the Steelers to use the money they won't be spending on Le'Veon Bell going forward  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Take out those crystal balls. How will the Steelers end up using the money they won't be spending on Le'Veon Bell going forward

• They will aggressively get the defensive star that will take this team to the next level.
    • They will wisely find a few under the radar guys to fill holes and add depth and versatility to give our defense some new dimensions.
    • They will foolishly commit big longterm money to a player who can't live up to the contract or take us to the next level.
    • They will overpay on a couple guys who fit the mold of players we already have on this team and fail to address our weaknesses.
    • Other.

The first month of the season, Dupree looked like complete garbage...so now after a decent month, that makes him worthy of a new contract?

I dont get it.   IMO, common sense suggests that might not be the smartest idea.    We'll see how he finishes the season, though.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

On 11/7/2018 at 1:11 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

This is exactly what I was saying. When people say he's only worth 3M it's stupid. That's rookie wages. If people think Bud is only worth $3M there are only a few reasons why. 1. They don't pay attention to anything other that the Steelers 2. They hate Bud Dupree so much that they let it blind them to how solid he's been 3. They're just dumb. 

I'm not calling anyone specifically dumb around here, but I'm saying people act so dumb when it comes to this team. I don't know if it is like this with other fanbases but it is crazy here. 

Once again....how much would you pay him?

32 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The first month of the season, Dupree looked like complete garbage...so now after a decent month, that makes him worthy of a new contract?

I dont get it.   IMO, common sense suggests that might not be the smartest idea.    We'll see how he finishes the season, though.

for me , the player needs to be consistently good to get a nice deal. $9m for what dupree has DONE, is way too much. Thats right now, but if he closes out the season good, then I would adjust that value accordingly.  I would prefer to allot such a cap towards a player that is proven such as Brandon Graham or if Justin Houston was released (and that could happen) .  

It's good to see dupree make some noise and serve some crow.  I expect him to have a better game vs wreck  flowers  and the jags.  We have a score to settle with he jags , so this better be even better than the panthers game xD That goes for the entire team

10 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m not sure why everyone keeps talking  about who Bud is beating. Look at every star’s sacks and I bet the majority of them are against bad OT’s. 

I’m not sure how it’s not relevant. Sure elite players get sacks against lesser competition too, but guys like Von Miller tend to dominate that competition level. Bud has been okay to mediocre, which is an improvement for him, against below average guys. That’s a concern if you plan on paying him. 

Your about to potentially pay this guy $7-$8M a season. You really have to ask if he is really worth potentially $5M more than a replacement in a defense that has been good at manufacturing sacks. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m not sure how it’s not relevant. Sure elite players get sacks against lesser competition too, but guys like Von Miller tend to dominate that competition level. Bud has been okay to mediocre, which is an improvement for him, against below average guys. That’s a concern if you plan on paying him. 

Your about to potentially pay this guy $7-$8M a season. You really have to ask if he is really worth potentially $5M more than a replacement in a defense that has been good at manufacturing sacks. 

This is also why IO wanted Adeyini to get a chance to see what he brings. If he is comparable, then you already have someone not he roster, which helps going into the offseason.  That also goes for CB, Suton instead of coty and perhaps let B.Allen have a chance or 2.  Samuels probably will get a few chances the way the Offence has finally become elite

You all probably know that I wanted Sam Hubbard in the worst way in this draft.  I watched him a lot at Ohio State and he was a very intelligent player who was very assignment sound, always reading and diagnosing rather than just charging ahead......if he dropped 15 lbs, he's TJ Watt 2.0 in my eyes.  Could've had him in 3 (via a small trade up.....well actually after the Steelers did trade up for the QB, he was taken with the very next pick).  During that last game against the Panthers when Dupree showed zero contain or intelligence or awareness and went after Newton while McCaffrey shot right past him over and over, I was thinking that the smarter, more aware player in Hubbard would've been great there.  Sure he made plays after that as a pass rusher, but lets be real here.  Matt Kalil is a pathetic excuse of an NFL LT, and it was HIS backup that Dupree was destroying.  So that isn't saying anything for him to beat a scrub.  He also failed to even begin to bring down Newton one time when he got there, completely whiffing on the tackle.  So Dupree is still what he always was to me:  an athlete with a great burst, but virtually nothing else to write home about.