• Patrick Mahomes
    • Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

The single handedly stuff is silly, but five turnovers is huge any way you slice it.  If Brees did that, he’d be getting crushed for it.  A 6TD/5 turnover ratio isn’t all that great.

In any case, it’s still Mahomes award at this point.  He’ll have to play like crap to finish out the season to lose it.  Even if Brees kills it the last few games, it’s outside of his control at this point.  It’ll take a combination of killing it plus Mahomes tanking it.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The single handedly stuff is silly, but five turnovers is huge any way you slice it.  If Brees did that, he’d be getting crushed for it.  A 6TD/5 turnover ratio isn’t all that great.

In any case, it’s still Mahomes award at this point.  He’ll have to play like crap to finish out the season to lose it.  Even if Brees kills it the last few games, it’s outside of his control at this point.  It’ll take a combination of killing it plus Mahomes tanking it.

Honest question - you feel like Brees gets extra, possibly undeserved flak that other QBs don’t/wouldn’t get?

11 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I disagree.

I believe they are still neck and neck.  One game and Brees might be right back in front.

21 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Honest question - you feel like Brees gets extra, possibly undeserved flak that other QBs don’t/wouldn’t get?

Number 1, I feel like posters have a problem with Saints homers and follow it up with bias against Saints players.  Not everyone, but it certainly seems that way with a lot of people.

Number 2, Brees has been getting more than his share of credit this year, but that hasn’t always been the case.  There was a time when he was rather quietly having games with 5 TDs, 0 picks and not even mentioned in the media.  

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

...exactly. It wasn’t single handedly Brees’ fault either. And even then, 13 vs 40. 40+ points scored vs 10. Big difference.

Question for you then: why are you still harping on it? You think Mahomes “single handedly” lost against the Rams with little reasoning - you’ve made it well known, and you haven’t hesitated to share it to anyone even if they haven’t asked. You brought it up again responding to a guy saying that it’s Mahomes’ to lose. So why are you so stuck on it? And don’t say “well it’s an MVP thread and Mahomes is an MVP candidate”, because then I guess it would be on-topic to go into any Saints thread and bring up all their losses.

You're not the type to be salty, so what’s the deal?

Actually I used reasoning numerous times and said why I felt it was single handedly by him.  I responded to the person's comment because he was using the fact that their only losses the offense put up 40 points and i gave a breakdown of the timeline for how I felt the MVP was going while also highlighting the fact that the game against the Rams even with 40 points that Mahomes was why they lost.  If you re-read my post and just gloss over "single handely" this is what you would get

Before the Rams game, it was a toss-up between Mahomes and Brees with Mahomes in the lead.  After the Rams game Brees took the lead due to Mahomes losing the game for the Chiefs while Brees was still on pace for his historic season.  Past 2 weeks Brees lost the pace for his historic season while Mahomes has stayed on pace for his.  So Mahomes is now the sole leader for MVP with Brees in second with a couple others around him.  Only way it changes is if Brees goes 12+-0 the next over the 3 games at like an 85 comp% and Mahomes goes something like 8-10 and they lose a game for it to even become a debate again.

I'm pretty sure this statement would be less controversial for people and I said that I was willing to budge on "single handedly" but that Mahomes still lose the game for the Chiefs due to his turnovers.  I'm not thinking Mahomes is crap or doesn't deserve the MVP or even that he doesn't deserve it over Brees.  Brees had his chance after the Rams/Chiefs game and blew it.  It's now Mahomes to win, but trying to use the fact that the Chiefs offense put up 40+ points in a win but not pointing out the turnovers in those loses, I think he's like 10 TD 7 Turnovers, also played a part, a vital part IMO for the Rams game, in why they lost those games as well.

20 minutes ago, Raves said:

Actually I used reasoning numerous times and said why I felt it was single handedly by him.  I responded to the person's comment because he was using the fact that their only losses the offense put up 40 points and i gave a breakdown of the timeline for how I felt the MVP was going while also highlighting the fact that the game against the Rams even with 40 points that Mahomes was why they lost.  If you re-read my post and just gloss over "single handely" this is what you would get

I'm pretty sure this statement would be less controversial for people and I said that I was willing to budge on "single handedly" but that Mahomes still lose the game for the Chiefs due to his turnovers.  I'm not thinking Mahomes is crap or doesn't deserve the MVP or even that he doesn't deserve it over Brees.  Brees had his chance after the Rams/Chiefs game and blew it.  It's now Mahomes to win, but trying to use the fact that the Chiefs offense put up 40+ points in a win but not pointing out the turnovers in those loses, I think he's like 10 TD 7 Turnovers, also played a part, a vital part IMO for the Rams game, in why they lost those games as well.

You said because Mahomes cost them points in a close game, he “single handedly” lost them the game - that’s flimsy reasoning, if any. There’s been no valid response for the defense playing awfully and giving up 40 (the highest output the Rams had all season to that point). There was no reference to Ebukam breaking the LOS to hit Mahomes on the INT. No mention of the inability to block Donald on both strip-sacks. No, it’s all “single handedly” been Mahomes. Your willingness to maybe possibly slightly budge on that phrasing really only highlights your agenda more, tbh. 

And yeah, I read your response. The guy made mentions of Mahomes losses, and you got your plug in that “Brees was the favorite after the Rams game”. We get it, bro. It’s clear as day what’s going on.

27 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Number 1, I feel like posters have a problem with Saints homers and follow it up with bias against Saints players.  Not everyone, but it certainly seems that way with a lot of people.

And you feel the bias makes itself present ITT?

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You said because Mahomes cost them points in a close game, he “single handedly” lost them the game - that’s flimsy reasoning, if any. There’s been no valid response for the defense playing awfully and giving up 40 (the highest output the Rams had all season to that point). There was no reference to Ebukam breaking the LOS to hit Mahomes on the INT. No mention of the inability to block Donald on both strip-sacks. No, it’s all “single handedly” been Mahomes. Your willingness to maybe possibly slightly budge on that phrasing really only highlights your agenda more, tbh. 

And yeah, I read your response. The guy made mentions of Mahomes losses, and you got your plug in that “Brees was the favorite after the Rams game”. We get it, bro. It’s clear as day what’s going on.

What agenda?  I said Mahomes should be the MVP.  I think some might have an agenda when anything negative is said about the golden boy.  Should just name him GOAT already.

9 minutes ago, Raves said:

What agenda?  I said Mahomes should be the MVP.  

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Anyone who still thinks it isn't Mahomes is just wrong. That last drive in regulation to tie it up, there was no panic at all. In their only losses, the offense put up 40 points. Any argument for Brees was crushed after the Dallas game. The only way Mahomes loses MVP at this point is if he puts up two consecutive duds that leads to the Chargers winning the division. I don't see that happening though.

“Hey, this is Mahomes’ to lose. Even in his losses he puts up 40. Brees’ argument was ended after Dallas”.

4 hours ago, Raves said:

Before the Rams game, it was a toss-up between Mahomes and Brees with Mahomes in the lead.  After the Rams game Brees took the lead due to Mahomes single handedly losing the game for the Chiefs while Brees was still on pace for his historic season.  Past 2 weeks Brees lost the pace for his historic season while Mahomes has stayed on pace for his.  So Mahomes is now the sole leader for MVP with Brees in second with a couple others around him.  Only way it changes is if Brees goes 12+-0 the next over the 3 games at like an 85 comp% and Mahomes goes something like 8-10 and they lose a game for it to even become a debate again.

“Well earlier, it was a toss-up until Brees took the lead when Mahomes single handedly lost to the Rams. But yeah, now it’s Mahomes”. 

So you agree with him - just needed to get that “Mahomes single handedly lost a game” plug. I don’t honestly think anyone is dumb enough to legitimately believe that Mahomes “single handedly” lost the game vs LAR. So like I said, clear as day. Keep doing you.

Cause baby I can build a castle

Out of all the things they threw at me

And every day is like a battle

But every night with us is like a dream

Baby we're the new romantics

Come along with me

Heartbreak is the national anthem

We sing it proudly

We're too busy dancing

To get knocked off our feet 

Baby we're the new romantics 

The best QB in the league is BARKLEY