• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

4 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

I guess you forgot that Smith threw for over 4,000 yards and had a higher completion percentage last year with the Chiefs than Mahomes did this year. 

Reid tweaked the offense to open it up even more this year and, coupled with the rule changes, you get an offense that about 15 active QBs could throw for 5,000 yards/50 TDs in.

You could count on one hand the number of actually impressive throws Mahomes made this year. It was a joke. 

I have a hard time believing you actually believe any of this. 

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

He's not wrong on the first part. But as much as it pains me to say this as a Chargers fan, you are wrong about the last part. Mahomes has had about 20 impressive throws/plays. By impressive I mean plays maybe only a couple of other guys can make, if that. I personally think those won't work next year and I think KC fans are setting themselves up for disappointment when Mahomes never has close to this kind of season again (which isn't a knock, considering it is a historic season). I think some KC fans actually think this is going to be routine for Mahomes. 

I disagree that his impressive throws wont work next year? How do you scheme against a deadly accurate, cannon, that can throw from any platform in and out of the pocket? You can't. This is who he is.

Now, yes--50td/5000 yards not sustainable and he likely won't reach that again. It's only been done once before. However, as he gets older, he will get a lot more efficient and smarter with the ball. That's got to scare the rest of the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if he's close again though. 

56 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

I'm not talking about his statistics, I'm talking about the caliber of player he is. Never before has a QB completed so many passes of such ease. 

Had they kept Alex Smith and he stayed healthy, he would've done the same thing. 

Lol.

Ok, who's side troll account is this?

C'mon be honest. 9_9

10 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

I disagree that his impressive throws wont work next year? How do you scheme against a deadly accurate, cannon, that can throw from any platform in and out of the pocket? You can't. This is who he is.

Now, yes--50td/5000 yards not sustainable and he likely won't reach that again. It's only been done once before. However, as he gets older, he will get a lot more efficient and smarter with the ball. That's got to scare the rest of the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if he's close again though. 

That is who he was in college and he turned over the ball a lot. He makes throws you shouldn't make in the NFL. Now that defenses know he is willing to make those throws, they will be prepared for those. Just like with Bret. Bret got away with those crazy throws early, because defenses don't game plan for qbs making throws that are considered risky like throwing around defenders blindly, throwing across your body on the run. He makes a lot of careless throws that look spectacular and everything is falling in place. He had 3 dropped ints just in the oak game. These lucky bounces or breaks will not happen next year. Defenders will continue coverage despite if they think Mahomes isn't in position to make the throw, they will get in throwing lanes rather then assume play is dead. You will see. 

In 4 games he had 20 TDs, that is 5 TDs a game. In the other 12 he had 30. That is around 2.3 a game. If we are both here next year, we'll reconvene.

29 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

He's not wrong on the first part. But as much as it pains me to say this as a Chargers fan, you are wrong about the last part. Mahomes has had about 20 impressive throws/plays. By impressive I mean plays maybe only a couple of other guys can make, if that. I personally think those won't work next year and I think KC fans are setting themselves up for disappointment when Mahomes never has close to this kind of season again (which isn't a knock, considering it is a historic season). I think some KC fans actually think this is going to be routine for Mahomes. 

Anybody thinks that the Chiefs would be in the same place as they would with Alex Smith is quite simply a fool. Mahomes threw double amount of TDS and over 1000 yards more. Alex Smith would not have been able to overcome this defense. NOT A CHANCE

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

That is who he was in college and he turned over the ball a lot. He makes throws you shouldn't make in the NFL. Now that defenses know he is willing to make those throws, they will be prepared for those. Just like with Bret. Bret got away with those crazy throws early, because defenses don't game plan for qbs making throws that are considered risky like throwing around defenders blindly, throwing across your body on the run. He makes a lot of careless throws that look spectacular and everything is falling in place. He had 3 dropped ints just in the oak game. These lucky bounces or breaks will not happen next year. Defenders will continue coverage despite if they think Mahomes isn't in position to make the throw, they will get in throwing lanes rather then assume play is dead. You will see. 

In 4 games he had 20 TDs, that is 5 TDs a game. In the other 12 he had 30. That is around 2.3 a game. If we are both here next year, we'll reconvene.

Actually, he didn't turn the ball over a lot but keep repeating bad takes. He threw nearly 600 attempts in his last season at TTech and threw a whopping 10 INTs. What is a lot to you because 10 is not a lot by any measurement and it's certainly not a lot in nearly 600 attempts...not event mentioning how bad his line and weapons were at TTech.

You can do that with every QB BTW. The truth is, Mahomes is one of the most consistent QB's in NFL history on a season. 2.3 TD's a game is still about 37 TD's. If he went out and averaged 2.3 TD a game for the next 13-14 years he'd be the all time leader in TD's. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Anybody thinks that the Chiefs would be in the same place as they would with Alex Smith is quite simply a fool. Mahomes threw double amount of TDS and over 1000 yards more. Alex Smith would not have been able to overcome this defense. NOT A CHANCE

This team isn't a playoff team under Alex. The defense, combined with their schedule, wouldn't have been able to overcome it. Plus, losing Hunt...yikes.

21 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Not that part. Fact is that offense is a wide open offense and if ya look at AGG% for Next Gen Stats, Mahones had a low percentage of tight window throws.  Mahones had 7 TDs where the pass was thrown behind the LOS. I haven't checked every qbs stats. But I'd be surprised if anyone else was that close. Mahomes is clearly better than Alex. Alex is an avg qb. If people don't think KC's system is a much more wide open system than any other in the NFL, I don't know what to tell you, except have a good day sir.

16 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

Actually, he didn't turn the ball over a lot but keep repeating bad takes. He threw nearly 600 attempts in his last season at TTech and threw a whopping 10 INTs. What is a lot to you because 10 is not a lot by any measurement and it's certainly not a lot in nearly 600 attempts...not event mentioning how bad his line and weapons were at TTech.

You can do that with every QB BTW. The truth is, Mahomes is one of the most consistent QB's in NFL history on a season. 2.3 TD's a game is still about 37 TD's. If he went out and averaged 2.3 TD a game for the next 13-14 years he'd be the all time leader in TD's. 

I don't think you know what consistency means. Doing it for 1 year is the opposite of consistent. Guess we'll see next year what he does.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

I don't think you know what consistency means. Doing it for 1 year is the opposite of consistent. Guess we'll see next year what he does.

Hes got all the same weapons, coaching staff and offensive line. 

Well have to see. He certainly puts in enough work and has the arm talent to be highly succesful.

14 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Not that part. Fact is that offense is a wide open offense and if ya look at AGG% for Next Gen Stats, Mahones had a low percentage of tight window throws.  Mahones had 7 TDs where the pass was thrown behind the LOS. I haven't checked every qbs stats. But I'd be surprised if anyone else was that close. Mahomes is clearly better than Alex. Alex is an avg qb. If people don't think KC's system is a much more wide open system than any other in the NFL, I don't know what to tell you, except have a good day sir.

I never said all this is attributed to Mahomes. I’m strictly talking about the comparison to Alex Smith. They wouldn’t be anywhere near what they are now with Alex Smith. Doesn’t have the arm and the deep throw capabilities to do it. Hence why Andy Reid drafted Mahomes and traded Smith

23 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Mahomes will constantly have 35+ TDs seasons with the occasional 40+ TD season. He might repeat 50+ one or two times.

When it's all said and done he might be better than the Brees, Manning, Brady, you name them.

He will be that good.

No he won't. I will wager any amount he will never get close to 40 again, let alone 50.  My God the homerisim is running rampant in KC. Talk about overrating.

21 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I never said all this is attributed to Mahomes. I’m strictly talking about the comparison to Alex Smith. They wouldn’t be anywhere near what they are now with Alex Smith. Doesn’t have the arm and the deep throw capabilities to do it. Hence why Andy Reid drafted Mahomes and traded Smith

Do you know prior to week 17, Mahones was 1 for 14 for passes that travel 40 yds or more. 

Archived