• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The key difference is that I think 5-6 QB's could have done what Brees did on those games.   No one else could have physically done what Mahomes did to win those games for at least 3 of the games in question.

Well physically, just about any QB can do anything Brees has ever done.

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Except that we're talking about this year.   If you think the 2018 version of Alex Smith (with both legs) wins the games vs. LAC week 1, both DEN games & the BAL game, I'd just agree to disagree.    He made game saving plays in those games that simply no one else can make (the ridiculous throw to Hill vs. BAL and the left handed last second throw on MNF are the obvious ones but man there are 3-4 each game that just made me SMH in wonder).     I'd actually add PIT, which is where I'm not even sure the .500 record comes in.

I hate this narrative. You are assuming other qbs would of had to do the same thing Mahomes had to do, to get the same result.  He didnt do anything in the week 1 game that any other qb couldn't of done. He had one play where he rolled out of the pocket and hit a wide open hill. Pass was so badly thrown that hill had to slide to get it. It wasn't a critical down or part in the game. Yes there are plays he makes that maybe only 5 or 6 other active qbs can make. I think stafford, luck, wilson, rodgers, baker and cam can make any throw Mahomes has. But my point is qb A doesnt need to do what qb b does to get the same result.

I think mahomes was consistently the best qb this year. If ya look at his splits, he was good in the most situations, more than anyone else. So im not taking anything away from him.

13 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

I guess you forgot that Smith threw for over 4,000 yards and had a higher completion percentage last year with the Chiefs than Mahomes did this year. 

Reid tweaked the offense to open it up even more this year and, coupled with the rule changes, you get an offense that about 15 active QBs could throw for 5,000 yards/50 TDs in.

You could count on one hand the number of actually impressive throws Mahomes made this year. It was a joke. 

I'm asking a serious question here.  Why are you so anti-Mahomes?  I get that you're saying he's not a good player, but why do you feel that way?  Does this go back to his college days or is it something personal? 

There are only three QB's ever who have throw for 50 TD's in a season, but you're saying that 15 people could have done that if they played for the Chiefs?  That's not even being reasonable.

9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Its called having some perspective. Nothing to do with bias. Everyone is always crowning people after 1 season.

I'll admit I've crowned every QB that's surpassed 50 TD as great.

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The key difference is that I think 5-6 QB's could have done what Brees did on those games.   No one else could have physically done what Mahomes did to win those games for at least 3 of the games in question.

I mean Rodgers has been making those “Mahomes plays” his entire career so I disagree. 

47 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean Rodgers has been making those “Mahomes plays” his entire career so I disagree. 

Up until this year, or maybe last, you'd have no argument from me.  This year, though, ARod isn't that guy for sure.   He was that guy...not anymore.

35 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Up until this year, or maybe last, you'd have no argument from me.  This year, though, ARod isn't that guy for sure.   He was that guy...not anymore.

Yeah I disagree. The point was take any top QB off their team and the team struggles. Look at how the Saints did offensively without Brees this past weekend lol.

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

There are not 5-6 QBs in the league with Brees' command of his offense.

You think there are 5-6 QBs in the league capable of doing what Brees did with his #2 WR being Keith Kirkwood and the oldest TE in the league starting?

OK, good luck with that.

11 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm asking a serious question here.  Why are you so anti-Mahomes?  I get that you're saying he's not a good player, but why do you feel that way?  Does this go back to his college days or is it something personal? 

There are only three QB's ever who have throw for 50 TD's in a season, but you're saying that 15 people could have done that if they played for the Chiefs?  That's not even being reasonable.

I saw him play in college. He wasn't that good. He didn't suddenly become good in a year of sitting on the bench in the NFL. 

When you played in the infamously gimmicky Taxas Tech offense and had a lower completion percentage there than you did with the Chiefs, what does that say? 

Archived