• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

On 12/30/2018 at 9:53 PM, Jlowe22 said:

Mahomes deserves it, he had a great year.  Brees had his chance but didn't keep up his pace.

Pretty much.

Once again though this is a positive for the Saints and Kiss of death for the Chiefs and any Hope of a SB Victory.

11 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Mahomes is hands down the worst player to ever win the MVP. It's an utter joke. Andy Reid is giving Bill Belichick a run for his money in ruining the NFL. 

Brian Sipey, Ken Anderson, Mark Mosely were the MVP's in 3 consecutive years.

Esiason won an MVP a few years later

Earl Morall

Bert Jones

Roman Gabriel

John Brodie

Larry Brown

And those are just the players I doubt you ever heard of. Mahomes had a historically good year. Since 2000 there were probably 3 MVP years you could say were outright better. Manning 04, Brady 07, Manning 13. Rodgers 2011 is debateable

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Earl Morall

Bert Jones

Roman Gabriel

John Brodie

Larry Brown

And those are just the players I doubt you ever heard of. Mahomes had a historically good year. Since 2000 there were probably 3 MVP years you could say were outright better. Manning 04, Brady 07, Manning 13. Rodgers 2011 is debateable

Lol. Rodgers 2011 season is the single highest passer rating in a season but that’s debatable and the other 3 aren’t? Funny.

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol. Rodgers 2011 season is the single highest passer rating in a season but that’s debatable and the other 3 aren’t? Funny.

Far more so because that year you could argue that Brees was as good as him leading in yards, completion percentage, and TD. Those 3 seasons there wasn't anybody in the ballpark. The 50TD mark is a big deal. It's been done 3 times in league history. Coupling it with a 5000 yard season is equally as huge. Doing it and leading a team with a trash defense to the number one seed? 

It's in the ballpark but I find those three seasons far more concretely impressive. Those guys stood alone.

11 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Mahomes is hands down the worst player to ever win the MVP. It's an utter joke. Andy Reid is giving Bill Belichick a run for his money in ruining the NFL. 

Trollolololol

He's had on of the absolute best MVP seasons of all time. Statistic wise and the fact that he had to carry this team on his back because his defense was historically bad and the injuries on the offense were very significant. 50/5000. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Far more so because that year you could argue that Brees was as good as him leading in yards, completion percentage, and TD. Those 3 seasons there wasn't anybody in the ballpark. The 50TD mark is a big deal. It's been done 3 times in league history. Coupling it with a 5000 yard season is equally as huge. Doing it and leading a team with a trash defense to the number one seed? 

It's in the ballpark but I find those three seasons far more concretely impressive. Those guys stood alone.

Brees had one TD more by throwing the ball 150 times more and by that virtue he’s gonna have more yards. Rodgers had a much higher TD% and lower INT%. Had a much better YPA and passer rating. And we can’t ignore rushing numbers too. To this day I still think that’s the greatest QB season ever. 

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

Earl Morall

Bert Jones

Roman Gabriel

John Brodie

Larry Brown

I'm not talking about his statistics, I'm talking about the caliber of player he is. Never before has a QB completed so many passes of such ease. 

Had they kept Alex Smith and he stayed healthy, he would've done the same thing. 

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

giphy.gif

I guess you forgot that Smith threw for over 4,000 yards and had a higher completion percentage last year with the Chiefs than Mahomes did this year. 

Reid tweaked the offense to open it up even more this year and, coupled with the rule changes, you get an offense that about 15 active QBs could throw for 5,000 yards/50 TDs in.

You could count on one hand the number of actually impressive throws Mahomes made this year. It was a joke. 

4 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

I guess you forgot that Smith threw for over 4,000 yards and had a higher completion percentage last year with the Chiefs than Mahomes did this year. 

Reid tweaked the offense to open it up even more this year and, coupled with the rule changes, you get an offense that about 15 active QBs could throw for 5,000 yards/50 TDs in.

You could count on one hand the number of actually impressive throws Mahomes made this year. It was a joke. 

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

He's not wrong on the first part. But as much as it pains me to say this as a Chargers fan, you are wrong about the last part. Mahomes has had about 20 impressive throws/plays. By impressive I mean plays maybe only a couple of other guys can make, if that. I personally think those won't work next year and I think KC fans are setting themselves up for disappointment when Mahomes never has close to this kind of season again (which isn't a knock, considering it is a historic season). I think some KC fans actually think this is going to be routine for Mahomes. 

Archived