Midseason check. What's your playoff predictions?

Superman(DH23)

5 hours ago, Classic said:

1. Rams 15-1

2. Saints 13-3

3. Vikings 10 -5 -1

4. Redskins 10-6

5. Panthers 11-5

6. Eagles 9-7

#6 Eagles over #3 Vikings

#5 Panthers over #4 Redskins

#1 Rams over #6 Eagles 

#2 Saints over #5 Panthers

#1 Rams over #2 Saints

NFL OPOY Todd Gurley

NFL OROY Sasqoun Barkley

1. Patriots 14-2

2. Chiefs 13-3

3. Texans 11-5

4. Steelers 10- 5 - 1

5. Chargers 11-5

6. Titans 9-7

NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes

NFL DROY Derwin James

#6 Titans over #3 Texans 

#5 Chargers over #4 Steelers

#1 Patriots over #6 Titans

#2 Chiefs over #5 Chargers

#2 Chiefs over #1 Patriots

#1 Rams over #2 Chiefs. SBMVP Todd Gurley

I want you so bad rn. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Multiple people predicting eagles to get 10 wins. I don't see that happening. 8-8, maybe 9-7. 8-8 probably wins the NFC LEast.

they lost some close games to good teams.

i think they split between no/rams, and then lose 1 more game among the other teams.

right now, especially due to the wash injuries, they are clearly the division frontrunner and they have a lot of div games left

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Multiple people predicting eagles to get 10 wins. I don't see that happening. 8-8, maybe 9-7. 8-8 probably wins the NFC LEast.

Got them at exactly 9-7 which isn't inconceivable by any stretch. I do think 10-6 wins the division but 9-7 isn't exactly out of the question either. 

The Giants look terrible. The Cowboys have a tough stretch ahead of them featuring 2 good teams and 2 division rivals (Eagles, Falcons, Saints, Redskins) and have struggled. 

I predict the Redskins winning it at 10-6 out of sheer lack of quality opponents and the Eagles finishing at 9-7. 

36 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

they lost some close games to good teams.

i think they split between no/rams, and then lose 1 more game among the other teams.

right now, especially due to the wash injuries, they are clearly the division frontrunner and they have a lot of div games left

Just out of curiosity, which games did you pick for each of the NFC North teams?

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Just out of curiosity, which games did you pick for each of the NFC North teams?

i have green bay losing to minnesota and winning the rest. 10-5-1

minnesota: 9-6-1

losses: at chicago, at ne, at seattle

wins: green bay, miami, at detroit, chicago

chicago: 8-8

wins: minnesota, detroit, sf

losses: at detroit, at ny giants, rams, packers, at vikings

detroit: 6-10

wins: chicago, at arizona, at buffalo

losses: at chicago, carolina, rams, vikings, at gb

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

i have green bay losing to minnesota and winning the rest. 10-5-1

minnesota: 9-6-1

losses: at chicago, at ne, at seattle

wins: green bay, miami, at detroit, chicago

chicago: 8-8

wins: minnesota, detroit, sf

losses: at detroit, at ny giants, rams, packers, at vikings

detroit: 6-10

wins: chicago, at arizona, at buffalo

losses: at chicago, carolina, rams, vikings, at gb

Ahh Ok. I have the Packers losing only to the Hawks---worth noting the Bears/Packers game is HUGE and at this point, as a disgruntled Bears fan, cannot see them beating the Packers.

The Bears losing to the Rams, splitting with the Vikes and sweeping the Lions.

The Vikes beating the Bears and Lions and losing to the rest --losing to the Dolphins is probable a stretch but I like to go against my own gut at times just to make up for unpredictability purposes. 

Besides, I'm terrible at these things lol.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The Bears losing to the Rams, splitting with the Vikes and sweeping the Lions.

i had them sweeping the lions until the vikings game got pushed back to the late game. i feel like the bears come out flat on the thanksgiving gamr, and the lions take advantage of the bears slightly shorter week at home

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i had them sweeping the lions until the vikings game got pushed back to the late game. i feel like the bears come out flat on the thanksgiving gamr, and the lions take advantage of the bears slightly shorter week at home

A very solid point that I didn't even consider, tbh.

This division in general is going to be tough. Each week we seem to see something different from each team. Whether it's offense or defense. Even the Lions are still competitive. Crazy division.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A very solid point that I didn't even consider, tbh.

This division in general is going to be tough. Each week we seem to see something different from each team. Whether it's offense or defense. Even the Lions are still competitive. Crazy division.

yep, i will probably have a completely different set of predictions after this upcoming week

Call me crazy but at 4-4 (and with one of the top-5 most explosive offenses in the NFL) I really think Atlanta has a shot at getting back to the playoffs, which is amazing considering their injuries this year and 1-4 start.  They still have a long way to go but are also entering am easier stretch in their schedule.  They get Cleveland next, then Dallas, before playing a tough game in NO in Thanksgiving.  I think they can definitely beat Cleveland, Dallas, TB, Baltimore, and Arizona which would get them to 9 wins.  Then if they can manage to beat Carolina again or NO on Thanksgiving (or both) they should be able to sneak in.  

There's no guarantees in the NFL (especially with their defense) but with their offense they absolutely CAN beat anybody so I don't see any reason at all to totally discount the Falcons from getting back for a third time in a row.

7 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Call me crazy but at 4-4 (and with one of the top-5 most explosive offenses in the NFL) I really think Atlanta has a shot at getting back to the playoffs, which is amazing considering their injuries this year and 1-4 start.  They still have a long way to go but are also entering am easier stretch in their schedule.  They get Cleveland next, then Dallas, before playing a tough game in NO in Thanksgiving.  I think they can definitely beat Cleveland, Dallas, TB, Baltimore, and Arizona which would get them to 9 wins.  Then if they can manage to beat Carolina again or NO on Thanksgiving (or both) they should be able to sneak in.  

There's no guarantees in the NFL (especially with their defense) but with their offense they absolutely CAN beat anybody so I don't see any reason at all to totally discount the Falcons from getting back for a third time in a row.

i think they are going to fall a game short, but i agree that they will be in the mix

I have to say the people predicting the Packers, I just dont see it.  They realistically have to go 7-1 to finish the year.  They have to go to Seattle, to Minnesota, to Chicago, and they have Atlanta at home.  I just can't see them going 3-1 in that set. Rodgers is telling everybody to R-E-L-A-X.  Hes not saying they are going to run the table. Hes calling out his coaches, pointing out missed opportunities.  I see a team that is more likely to implode from a power struggle between the coach and QB than it is to make the playoffs.  I have them finishing at 8-7-1 and I would not be shocked in the least if they finish sub .500.  That team is a HOF QB and a mediocre football team around him.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I have to say the people predicting the Packers, I just dont see it.  They realistically have to go 7-1 to finish the year.  They have to go to Seattle, to Minnesota, to Chicago, and they have Atlanta at home.  I just can't see them going 3-1 in that set. Rodgers is telling everybody to R-E-L-A-X.  Hes not saying they are going to run the table. Hes calling out his coaches, pointing out missed opportunities.  I see a team that is more likely to implode from a power struggle between the coach and QB than it is to make the playoffs.  I have them finishing at 8-7-1 and I would not be shocked in the least if they finish sub .500.  That team is a HOF QB and a mediocre football team around him.

Mike Macs teams always have slow starts.

they will go 7-1 and get there

I think Saints, Chiefs, Patriots and Rams are pretty near locks for the 1 and 2 seeds at this point baring some significant injuries. Beyond that, I think there are going to be some very dangerous teams that can beat anyone. Chargers, Steelers, Texans possibly from the AFC. Panthers, Vikings and possibly the Bears if Mack can get healthy from the NFC.

17 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

I think Saints, Chiefs, Patriots and Rams are pretty near locks for the 1 and 2 seeds at this point baring some significant injuries. Beyond that, I think there are going to be some very dangerous teams that can beat anyone. Chargers, Steelers, Texans possibly from the AFC. Panthers, Vikings and possibly the Bears if Mack can get healthy from the NFC.

i think the steelers have a good chance to overtake the pats

agreed on the rams/saints though

Archived