Midseason check. What's your playoff predictions?

Superman(DH23)

35 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i think the steelers have a good chance to overtake the pats

agreed on the rams/saints though

I think Rams get 1 and Car sneaks up to get the 2. IMO. Saints started off hot last year as well and fell out, With a much better D as well.

12 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I think Rams get 1 and Car sneaks up to get the 2. IMO. Saints started off hot last year as well and fell out, With a much better D as well.

They fell off because they had 20 players on IR by the end of the season. Literally.

32 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Are we blaming injuries? Next man up. Bad teams blame injuries/excuses. 

Is it an excuse if you are late to work because someone rear ended you, or is it an explanation?  There is only so much next man up that you can do in the NFL before the drop off is extreme.  I mean let's say the Rams lose Donald and Suh, should you just expect them to next man up and still be the same team?  Obviously not.  So no, it wasn't an excuse for the Saints falling off, it was an explanation to the why they did.  No one said "well if the Saints were healthy they would've won the Super Bowl" which would've been an excuse, it's simply stating a fact as to what led to a drop off of the Saints play at the end of the year.  Every team that beat the Saints deserved to beat the Saints regardless of the injury situation.

10 minutes ago, Raves said:

Is it an excuse if you are late to work because someone rear ended you, or is it an explanation?  There is only so much next man up that you can do in the NFL before the drop off is extreme.  I mean let's say the Rams lose Donald and Suh, should you just expect them to next man up and still be the same team?  Obviously not.  So no, it wasn't an excuse for the Saints falling off, it was an explanation to the why they did.  No one said "well if the Saints were healthy they would've won the Super Bowl" which would've been an excuse, it's simply stating a fact as to what led to a drop off of the Saints play at the end of the year.  Every team that beat the Saints deserved to beat the Saints regardless of the injury situation.

We’ve lost Kupp, Cooper, Gzeey, Talib and Barron for long periods of time. 

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Mike Macs teams always have slow starts.

they will go 7-1 and get there

They may start slow, but the QB hasnt called out the HC before, and again 4 games against teams in the playoff hunt, 3 of which are on the road, and all 4 are probably better TEAMS than the pack.  Going 3-1 seems very unrealistic.  

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Oh, I think they have a chance to beat the Pats but the steelers schedule is extremely tough where the Pats have one of the easiest remaining schedules in the NFL.  

I have learned over the years to never count out a team led by great QB's like Rodgers and Brady no matter the circumstances until they are officially eliminated. That may seem like a simplistic view but sometimes a simple view on things is better than over-thinking it and both have proved that notion to be true countless of times.

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I have learned over the years to never count out a team led by great QB's like Rodgers and Brady no matter the circumstances until they are officially eliminated. That may seem like a simplistic view but sometimes a simple view on things is better than over-thinking it and both have proved that notion to be true countless of times.

That's my thinking as well.  If you have a great QB who is playing lights out you at least have a chance for the playoffs no matter how beat up the team may be.  Its the main reason I believe Atlanta still even has any hope this year.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I get that, but it's a team game, and that team is mediocre at best with a HOF QB.  And they have 4 good TEAMS they have to go 3-1 against.  Maybe they prove me wrong, but I dont see it, and I dont think they do either.

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

1-3 seeds in the AFC maybe even up to #4 with LAC could be a really close race down the stretch. I could totally see all between 2 and 3.5-4 losses. In the NFC people shouldn't sleep on Carolina or they might secure a 1st round bye.

Archived