Midseason check. What's your playoff predictions?

Superman(DH23)

Seeding and results.  Here's mine

1.  New Orleans.  Nawlins took over #1 in the NFL yesterday and if we started today. The road to Atlanta goes thru the bayou

2. LAR.  Tough loss yesterday, but the 16-0 pressure is off and now it's all about Atlanta.

3.  Chicago.  Bears in first place.  In November.  Life is good. Return of the Mack coming soon.

4. Washington.  I take what Atlanta did as a one off.  Still a great defense. That matters as the weather gets colder.

5. Minnesota.  Defense coming back around they will be fighting for the division the rest of the way.

6.  Carolina. Murderous division but they are really good.  Can Cam and Turner get back to the promise land

Carolina @ Chicago

Minnesota@ Washington

Chicago @ LAR

Minnesota @ NO

LAR @ NO

1. Kansas City.  Mahomes is top 2 in MVP race. Andy Reid is a HOF coach.  But man i hate that defense.

2. New England.  The Pats are the still the Pats and the scariest team in the AFC.

3. Pittsburgh.  Dont look now but Pittsburgh is really good again.

4. Houston.  Somebody has to make the playoffs in the AFCS.  Houston should have this locked up by week 14.  However, I would probably say they are the weakest team in the playoffs.

5.  LAC.  Might be the most talented roster in the NFL.  Nobody wants to see LAC on their playoff schedule.

6.  Cincinatti.  Bengals fans are never getting rid of Marvin Lewis.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

LAC @ Houston

Cincinnati @ KC

LAC @ NE

LAC @ KC

And that brings us to, the Drew Brees bowl.

LAC v. NO

In a highly entertaining offensive game, both of these QBs put on shows that display their greatness, but at the end of the game its Drew Brees riding off into the sunset capping his HOF career as NFL and Superbowl MVP

AFC 
New England
Los Angeles Chargers
Pittsburgh
Houston
Kansas City
Cincinnati

NFC 
New Orleans
Los Angeles Rams
Chicago
Philadelphia
Carolina
Minnesota

Wildcard
Houston beats Kansas City 42-35
Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati 30-27
Philadelphia beats Carolina 27-24
Chicago beats Minnesota 23-20

Divisional Round
New England beats Houston 38-28
Los Angeles (A) beats Pittsburgh 35-28
Los Angeles (N) beats Chicago 27-20
New Orleans beats Philadelphia 33-23

Conference Round
New England beats Los Angeles (A) 38-35
New Orleans beats Los Angeles (N) 42-38 

Superbowl: Brady over Brees 41-38

NFC

1. Rams 14-2

2. Saints 13-3

3. Vikings 10-5-1

4. Redskins 9-7

5. Panthers 11-5

6. Bears 10-6

AFC

1. Patriots 13-3

2. Chargers 13-3

3. Steelers 10-5-1

4. Texans 10-6

5. Chiefs 12-4

6. Colts 9-7

NFC

CHI@MIN

CAR@WAS

MIN@NO

CAR@LAR

NO@LAR

AFC

IND@PIT

KC@HOU

PIT@SD

HOU@NE

PIT@NE

Super Bowl 53

PIT VS LAR

Rams defeat Steelers 34-27

Todd Gurley SB MVP

1. Rams 14-2
  2. Saints 13-3
  3. Vikings 10-5-1
  4. Eagles 9-7
  5. Panthers 11-5
  6. Bears 10-6

Seahawks 10-6

Packers 9-6-1

1. Patriots 13-3
  2. Chiefs 12-4
  3. Steeelers 11-4-1
  4. Texans 10-6
  5. Chargers 11-5
  6. Ravens 9-7

Bengals 9-7

Titans 8-8

Jaguars 8-8

NFC

3. Vikings defeat 6. Bears

4. Eagles over 5. Panthers

1. Rams over 4. Eagles

2. Saints over 3. Vikings

1. Rams over 2. Saints

AFC

3. Steelers over 6. Ravens

5. Chargers over 4. Texans

1. Patriots over 5. Chargers

3. Steelers vs 2. Chiefs

3. Steelers over 1. Patriots

1N. Rams over 3A. Steelers

Glad to see some Saints Super Bowl predictions in here. I must say it would be amazing to see Brees win another Super Bowl, and would bring me even more joy to see the Saints do so in Mercedes Benz Stadium by winning the first Super Bowl there :D

NFC

1 Rams - Yesterday changed nothing long term. The Saints won the game so it makes the fight for the 1 seed more interesting but the Rams schedule overall is still more favorable. If it comes down to the last two weeks of the season, the Saints have the Steelers (with Bell back) and the Panthers. The Rams have the Cardinals and the Niners. I LOVE the Rams chances. 

2 Saints - Great win for them to at least make the 1 seed race more interesting. Had they lost, the Rams would probably clinch the 1 seed by Week 14. Now the Rams have to go all the way till weeks 16-17 to do so. I think the Saints NEED HFA because Payton/Brees road playoff resume is 1-4. If they have to travel to LA, yes they can win but I dont love their chances based on their history on the road in the playoffs. Not to mention in LA, I dont think the Saints get those same calls like they did on that 4th down fake FG that swung momentum HUGE on the Saints side.

3 Vikings - I just dont trust Trubisky enough to believe the Bears winning the division. The Packers are fighting for a wildcard spot at best. The Vikings are in prime position to win the division and I want to see Cousins finally come through when the spotlight shines the most which is obviously in the playoffs.

4 Eagles - They are going to get hot and finish strong. In a division that doesnt have any team special in it, I think the cream rises to the crop and the Eagles will rise on top. Its going to be interesting to see how Wentz do in his first playoff appearance. As Goff witnessed last season, its a learning experience.

5 Panthers - It wouldnt shock me if the Panthers won the division. As great the Saints are playing, lets not forget that the Panthers are only one game back AND has the Saints 2 of the last 3 games to end the season. They get the Saints on the end of a 3 game road trip and we know its tough for a team to go unbeaten during 3 game road trip. The Rams did it this season but outside of that we have to go back to the 2014 Bengals to find another team to do so. In other words, the Panthers still have ALOT to say about the NFCS. Lets not crown the Saints just yet.

6 Packers - In baseball, when the Dodgers were struggling and their playoff chances looked bad, someone said that they cant see the Dodgers not in the playoffs. I am saying the same thing about the Packers. As long as ARod is in reasonable health and playing I cant see the Packers not in the playoffs. I know the Redskins are better right now. I get the Bears are playing some good football. I get the Seahawks are better than most thought. I get the Cowboys might find their way somehow in the picture. I know the Falcons are getting hot. I just refuse to believe an ARod led Packers will miss the playoffs.

Overall I still have the Rams going to the Superbowl. Even if they dont get HFA and the playoffs have to go through New Orleans, the Rams showed me yesterday that they can go toe to toe with the Saints even when Gurley wasnt having his best game. The Rams will get Talib back who I think can physically matchup with Thomas and he is that vet savy to stabilize the Rams secondary. The Rams secondary was lockdown before Talib got hurt. They miss him badly and they will get him back. Not to mention Fowler will continue to get more in tune with the Saints defense. He made some impact in the 2nd half to help the Rams climb back in the game. His presence will be felt the more he gets time and used to things in the defense. And Gurley wont and I repeat he wont have the same type of game he had against the Saints twice if they faced him again.

AFC

1 Patriots - Somehow some way the Patriots find away to have HFA throughout the playoffs. They do every single season seem like it. If they are going to get beat its going to come at their place. Its a tough task but thats how its going to get setup again.

2 Chiefs - I believe the Chiefs need to find away to get HFA because just like its tough to go to New England and win, its tough to go to KC and win. That loss to the Pats is going to sting because the schedule is tougher for the Chiefs than the Patriots. Good thing the Chiefs know they can go into New England and go toe to toe with the Patriots with a shot to win.

3 Steelers - They are getting hot and the right time and the Ravens are sliding down at the wrong time. Plus Bell should be coming back. That could be a good or bad thing but I think the Steelers are so used to drama that they are immune to it so it wont matter. The Steelers are rolling and the only thing that I want to see is if they finally will get over the hump and make it to the Superbowl and win.

4 Texans - They are the only team I trust in the AFCS right now. The Jags are imploding, the Titans are a joke, and the Colts are trying hard but they just dont fully have it this season. The Texans got better with DT. As long as Watson stays upright I just dont see them losing the division.

5 Chargers - Ill say the same thing about them as I said about the Panthers, dont crown the Chiefs just yet because the Chargers are right there. They are only 1 game back of the Chiefs. They played them to open the season and if it wasnt for their receivers constantly dropping passes they couldve maybe been in position to win. If they get Bosa back watch out too. I really feel like this could be the year that Rivers finally breaks through.

6 Ravens - Its hard because I like the Bengals as well. I just am going with the team I believe in the most. I believe in the Ravens. Yes they have struggled lately but they have a great defense still, Flacco hasnt been terrible. I just want to see playoff Flacco. We have seen playoff Lewis and the Bengals and they are like college basketball they are 1 and done. Playoff Flacco can go to New England and win. Playoff Flacco can go to the Superbowl and win. 

Overall I am still sticking with my Chargers pick. They only have 2 losses and both came to arguably the best teams in the NFL in the Rams and Chiefs. As I mentioned, the Chargers should be Bosa back soon and just like the Rams getting Talib back soon thats scary. The Chargers can go on the road with a defense that has Bosa and an explosive offense and win. I know Stephen A. Smith disagrees because of the whole LA team going to a bad weather condition atmosphere. We saw the Rams do it with Gurley and Donald. I think the Chargers can do it with Gordon and a healthy Bosa.

Superbowl

I still like the Rams beating the Chargers in the Superbowl. First off you cant spell AtLAnta without LA. Either the Rams OR Chargers or going if both doesnt go. If I had to bet one of those teams it would be the Rams more so because they will more than likely have HFA and not the Chargers which is a big deal. I just think it would be fitting that the fight for LA will truly be for the fight for the Superbowl. With that being said, again I like the Rams to win because it would be ironic that the last time the Rams won a Superbowl it was in the old Atlanta stadium. If they win it would be in the new Atlanta stadium.

FTR I had Chargers/Packers in the SB. 

AFC:

1- Patriots

2- Chiefs

3- Steelers

4- Texans

5. Chargers

6. Ravens

NFC:

1- Rams

2- Saints

3- Vikings

4- Eagles

5- Panthers

6- Packers

Wildcard

Steelers over Ravens

Chargers over Texans

Vikings over Packers

Panthers over Eagles

Divisional

Pats over Chargers

Steelers over Chiefs

Rams over Panthers

Saints over Vikings

Title games

Patriots over Steelers

Saints over Rams

SB

Patriots over Saints

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Seeding and results.  Here's mine

1.  New Orleans.  Nawlins took over #1 in the NFL yesterday and if we started today. The road to Atlanta goes thru the bayou

2. LAR.  Tough loss yesterday, but the 16-0 pressure is off and now it's all about Atlanta.

3.  Chicago.  Bears in first place.  In November.  Life is good. Return of the Mack coming soon.

4. Washington.  I take what Atlanta did as a one off.  Still a great defense. That matters as the weather gets colder.

5. Minnesota.  Defense coming back around they will be fighting for the division the rest of the way.

6.  Carolina. Murderous division but they are really good.  Can Cam and Turner get back to the promise land

Carolina @ Chicago

Minnesota@ Washington

Chicago @ LAR

Minnesota @ NO

LAR @ NO

1. Kansas City.  Mahomes is top 2 in MVP race. Andy Reid is a HOF coach.  But man i hate that defense.

2. New England.  The Pats are the still the Pats and the scariest team in the AFC.

3. Pittsburgh.  Dont look now but Pittsburgh is really good again.

4. Houston.  Somebody has to make the playoffs in the AFCS.  Houston should have this locked up by week 14.  However, I would probably say they are the weakest team in the playoffs.

5.  LAC.  Might be the most talented roster in the NFL.  Nobody wants to see LAC on their playoff schedule.

6.  Cincinatti.  Bengals fans are never getting rid of Marvin Lewis.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

LAC @ Houston

Cincinnati @ KC

LAC @ NE

LAC @ KC

And that brings us to, the Drew Brees bowl.

LAC v. NO

In a highly entertaining offensive game, both of these QBs put on shows that display their greatness, but at the end of the game its Drew Brees riding off into the sunset capping his HOF career as NFL and Superbowl MVP

This just might be the formula.

The Bears and Trubisky need another year. Vikings look good but not SB. The Rams v Saints look likely. Brees is ready for one more.

KC and Mahomes need another year. The Pats and Brady are still there. NE vs LAC most likely.

NO vs NE

Saints-Brees classic

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Glad to see some Saints Super Bowl predictions in here. I must say it would be amazing to see Brees win another Super Bowl, and would bring me even more joy to see the Saints do so in Mercedes Benz Stadium by winning the first Super Bowl there :D

I'd love the Saints to taint that building with their Super Bowl stink :D

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

How does that work exactly? Isnt it the Mercedes-Benz Superdome as well?

Archived