GDT: Cowboys V Eagles

Matts4313

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

This is so very true. Even Zeke doesn't seem to be going at the same pace he was at the beginning of the season. The only one who seemed to keep trying to play was Dak at the end and he just seemed to keep digging himself a deeper hole.

I feel for Zeke.  We have a thoroughbred and we are treating him like a plow horse.  We have to ride him.  We keep hearing that running is our identity.  Running will make it easier on Dak, blah, blah, blah. How many times did Zeke touch the ball in the second half of the Titans game? 

If I'm Zeke I'm thinking I'll play out my rookie contract and then try to go elsewhere will my talents will be fully utilized.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I hope you get hit by a bus today. You arsehole. 

FYI.  I just crushed the bus.  Indestructible. 

If that is the case, clean house offensively, trade Zeke for a 11st this year and 1 next year. 

See who else you can unload for a pick or two, new HC, new DC, 

And start building your offense with a QB, RB, TE, OL.

our defense is young and coming on. 

Look, 4 years ago, the Iggles had no 1st round pick, no HC, OC, DC, Sammy sleeves as a QB, gave away D. Jackson and L. McCoy.

And they FA, and wheeling and dealing, they won a SB only 2 years later with a back up QB, RB, OLineman, K, LB, CB.

So, all is not hopeless.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

If that is the case, clean house offensively, trade Zeke for a 11st this year and 1 next year. 

See who else you can unload for a pick or two, new HC, new DC, 

And start building your offense with a QB, RB, TE, OL.

our defense is young and coming on. 

Look, 4 years ago, the Iggles had no 1st round pick, no HC, OC, DC, Sammy sleeves as a QB, gave away D. Jackson and L. McCoy.

And they FA, and wheeling and dealing, they won a SB only 2 years later with a back up QB, RB, OLineman, K, LB, CB.

So, all is not hopeless.

Dave believe it or not I am trying to stay positive. Dak is our QB moving forward whether we like it or not.  We won't sign or draft his replacement.  We may sign a veteran back up.  The commitment to Dak will be made then for God's sake we have to go out and get him some weapons and improve protection.  Maybe we have to have a scheme that plays to his strengths.  Or a new OC and HC?  Maybe a QB coach who actually has a track record? We have to do this.  If Dak improves great.  If he doesn't then we know we have a problem.  A big one.

I'm concerned about Dak's accuracy and timing/anticipation.  But did we expect progression or status quo when Dak lost approximately 130 catches from last year with Dez's release and Witten's retirement?  Who were we kidding to think it would be smooth sailing with all that production gone?  That is squarely on the organization.  Then he loses his C who makes all the line calls.  That hurt.  Tyron Smith is struggling.  Connor Williams is grossly overmatched vs. power.  Collins looks like he's better suited to be inside.  So a lot of problems/challenges on the OL.  That doesn't help.  For some strange reason we don't want to fully utilize our best offensive weapon namely Zeke.  It's mind boggling.

I think we will buck recent trends and be aggressive in the off season re free agency.  Giving up our number 1 may very well force our hand.  

I firmly believe we will have a coaching change.  This will bring some energy to the organization.

I

22 minutes ago, Northland said:

Dave believe it or not I am trying to stay positive. Dak is our QB moving forward whether we like it or not.  We won't sign or draft his replacement.  We may sign a veteran back up.  The commitment to Dak will be made then for God's sake we have to go out and get him some weapons and improve protection.  Maybe we have to have a scheme that plays to his strengths.  Or a new OC and HC?  Maybe a QB coach who actually has a track record? We have to do this.  If Dak improves great.  If he doesn't then we know we have a problem.  A big one.

I'm concerned about Dak's accuracy and timing/anticipation.  But did we expect progression or status quo when Dak lost approximately 130 catches from last year with Dez's release and Witten's retirement?  Who were we kidding to think it would be smooth sailing with all that production gone?  That is squarely on the organization.  Then he loses his C who makes all the line calls.  That hurt.  Tyron Smith is struggling.  Connor Williams is grossly overmatched vs. power.  Collins looks like he's better suited to be inside.  So a lot of problems/challenges on the OL.  That doesn't help.  For some strange reason we don't want to fully utilize our best offensive weapon namely Zeke.  It's mind boggling.

I think we will buck recent trends and be aggressive in the off season re free agency.  Giving up our number 1 may very well force our hand.  

I firmly believe we will have a coaching change.  This will bring some energy to the organization.

I

Somehow your logic makes me feel comforted. However.....

4 hours ago, Revenant said:

I will put up with Dak through his rookie contract but if we franchise or extend him I am done with this team until we get a new quarterback.

The text below is what I said on an earlier post.  I have concerns about Dak but what have we done to really support him?  We have a ton of problems on offense but we lay it all at Dak's doorstep.  Don't get me wrong.  If Dak crashes and burns we have a problem.  A big one.  But we need to give him every chance to succeed namely a veteran back up, a stable coordinator, a QB coach, and some weapons.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

The text below is what I said on an earlier post.  I have concerns about Dak but what have we done to really support him?  We have a ton of problems on offense but we lay it all at Dak's doorstep.  Don't get me wrong.  If Dak crashes and burns we have a problem.  A big one.  But we need to give him every chance to succeed namely a veteran back up, a stable coordinator, a QB coach, and some weapons.

I think North the problem we have here is Dak isn't good enough to right the wrongs we have right now. That second QB contract he is going to get ? That's what QB's get past thier rookie contracts when they have the ability to make up for the team's lack of performance by other units or players.

That all being said, is he in a really terrible situation? We talk like we put him in a situation like Aikman in his rookie year. It's enough. It's good enough to get results.

Everything can't be perfect around him, all the time. The NFL doesn't work that way and we definitely don't work that way.

We can say oh Tyron isn't playing well, oh Williams isn't doing great, Dez is too dramatic..he's not Dak friendly. There will always be something wrong, something off, has he shown so far that he's the guy who can warrant that large contract and time investment he is going to get so we can steer us clear when things around us don't seem great on the field?

Not really. Thats why a lot of guys right now don't feel anything for this team right now. We don't have any hope or any hope to make better decisions in the future.

Do I believe he once had it ? Yeah. Whatever he confidence he had before he has lost it, especially the confidence from his rookie season. But it's a dangerous game to play if we are resting on his laurels rather than what he is right now.

I want to give Dak one more year though. But only with a different HC & OC.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think North the problem we have here is Dak isn't good enough to right the wrongs we have right now. That second QB contract he is going to get ? That's what QB's get past thier rookie contracts when they have the ability to make up for the team's lack of performance by other units or players.

That all being said, is he in a really terrible situation? We talk like we put him in a situation like Aikman in his rookie year. It's enough. It's good enough to get results.

Everything can't be perfect around him, all the time. The NFL doesn't work that way and we definitely don't work that way.

We can say oh Tyron isn't playing well, oh Williams isn't doing great, Dez is too dramatic..he's not Dak friendly. There will always be something wrong, something off, has he shown so far that he's the guy who can warrant that large contract and time investment he is going to get so we can steer us clear when things around us don't seem great on the field?

Not really. Thats why a lot of guys right now don't feel anything for this team right now. We don't have any hope or any hope to make better decisions in the future.

Do I believe he once had it ? Yeah. Whatever he confidence he had before he has lost it, especially the confidence from his rookie season. But it's a dangerous game to play if we are resting on his laurels rather than what he is right now.

I want to give Dak one more year though. But only with a different HC & OC.

I agree with the bolded.  We don't really have a choice. He is going to be our QB so let's do what we can to get him the tools to succeed.  Then if he doesn't well we will probably be picking high enough to get a QB!

I know things can't be perfect and I'm not asking for that.  But I mean we don't have Brady or Rodgers.  Factor in the loss of production with Dez and Witten'; the continued struggles of the OL; and the peculiar insistence on not utilizing Zeke fully and you have a perfect storm.  I blame the organization as much or more than I do Dak.  People talk about how the Titans neutralized Zeke.  They didn't neutralize him.  We did.  He only touched the ball 6 times in the second half.  We seem to make bizarre decisions on top of bizarre decisions offensively then lay it all at Dak's feet.

Dak has concerns.  Anticipation.  Timing.  Accuracy.  Locking on to one receiver.  The interception in the red zone was an awful mistake.  But like I said he is our guy moving forward so we better figure out how to properly utilize and develop him.

I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio and they said the OL is not performing like it used to.  Refuse to use Zeke properly.  For all intents and purposes a brand new receiving corps with no true number one and yet we expect Dak to light it up.  It won't happen.

29 minutes ago, Northland said:

I agree with the bolded.  We don't really have a choice. He is going to be our QB so let's do what we can to get him the tools to succeed.  Then if he doesn't well we will probably be picking high enough to get a QB!

I know things can't be perfect and I'm not asking for that.  But I mean we don't have Brady or Rodgers.  Factor in the loss of production with Dez and Witten'; the continued struggles of the OL; and the peculiar insistence on not utilizing Zeke fully and you have a perfect storm.  I blame the organization as much or more than I do Dak.  People talk about how the Titans neutralized Zeke.  They didn't neutralize him.  We did.  He only touched the ball 6 times in the second half.  We seem to make bizarre decisions on top of bizarre decisions offensively then lay it all at Dak's feet.

Dak has concerns.  Anticipation.  Timing.  Accuracy.  Locking on to one receiver.  The interception in the red zone was an awful mistake.  But like I said he is our guy moving forward so we better figure out how to properly utilize and develop him.

I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio and they said the OL is not performing like it used to.  Refuse to use Zeke properly.  For all intents and purposes a brand new receiving corps with no true number one and yet we expect Dak to light it up.  It won't happen.

Yeah no doubt. We have tons of issues way beyond Dak. I honestly think it all comes down to the numbers of his extension. I'll cement my opinion on this issue after that.

Another thing is if we really have that many issues beyond Dak..can we really afford to give Dak big QB money? I mean if our roster isn't good enough to carry Dak or Dak isn't good enough to carry the roster. Where do we go from there? So many issues right now.

Only light I see right now is us getting a bright young HC like Riley and him having a resurgence like Goff had with McVay

Archived