Week 10: Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT

Ghostnote

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Not happy with that win. 5 Tampa trips inside the 25 and they have 3 points. Its just lucky theyre so terrible.

Gotta get something going on offense. That wouldnt stand against good teams. Alex accuracy was horrendous at times.

We really should've lost this game even with Fitz 2 INTs. The 2 missed FGs and the drop by Evans in the EZ along with the RB getting the ball punched out. All killed them.

This fan base dumbfounds me sometimes. 

We started two players off the street on our offensive line this week. There was very little optimism about our offense coming into this game (less than normal because we all know our offense isn’t doing much). The offense and Alex Smith completely exceeded my expectations.

Alex Smith was effecient enough to lead the team to two field goals and then threw a beautiful strike to Doctson in the back of the end zone. Was Alex Smith “perfect”? Absolutely not. Was he great? No. Did he play “well”? Yes. He didn’t turn the ball over, didn’t force the issue and only took 1 sack behind a makeshift line. 

Doctson seemed to need Harris to start emerging. Doctson clearly can’t be the focal point, but he is starting to make the catches he was drafted to make.

The defense definitely gave up yards in bunches and then made plays to end the drives. 

24 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

We really should've lost this game even with Fitz 2 INTs. The 2 missed FGs and the drop by Evans in the EZ along with the RB getting the ball punched out. All killed them.

You have been listening to media too much. This is the same BS I hear week in and week out.

Let me say this one time,

The Redskins won the game, the Buccaneers did not hand us the game, it was earned.

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You have been listening to media too much. This is the same BS I hear week in and week out.

The Redskins won the game, the Buccaneers did not hand us the game, it was earned.

A win is great. But their play was nothing to be proud of.

Theres a difference. 5th year of "Simple Jack" Gruden. By now he should have a contender built if he was any kind of a coach. We played any decent team and gave them 5 trips inside the 20. Theyre not leaving with 3 points. Texans next week wont be so kind, thats for sure.

Youre acting like its a sin to say areas need improvement to contend. When its fact.

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A win is great. But their play was nothing to be proud of.

Theres a difference. 5th year of "Simple Jack" Gruden. By now he should have a contender built if he was any kind of a coach. We played any decent team and gave them 5 trips inside the 20. Theyre not leaving with 3 points. Texans next week wont be so kind, thats for sure.

Youre acting like its a sin to say areas need improvement to contend. When its fact.

I didn’t say anything about us not needing improvement. Obviously the entire offense needs improvement, but considering everything that pitted the odds against us, I’m encouraged. 

Obviously this team has no chance of a deep playoff run, but 6-3 feels good, no matter how you get there.

I will agree that it is time for the head coach, defensive coordinator and President of Operations to be fired. 

32 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

This fan base dumbfounds me sometimes. 

We started two players off the street on our offensive line this week. There was very little optimism about our offense coming into this game (less than normal because we all know our offense isn’t doing much). The offense and Alex Smith completely exceeded my expectations.

Alex Smith was effecient enough to lead the team to two field goals and then threw a beautiful strike to Doctson in the back of the end zone. Was Alex Smith “perfect”? Absolutely not. Was he great? No. Did he play “well”? Yes. He didn’t turn the ball over, didn’t force the issue and only took 1 sack behind a makeshift line. 

Doctson seemed to need Harris to start emerging. Doctson clearly can’t be the focal point, but he is starting to make the catches he was drafted to make.

The defense definitely gave up yards in bunches and then made plays to end the drives. 

And this team will get spanked in the first round of the playoffs.  That’s what Alex Smith led teams do.  

31 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Redskins didnt make him shank 2 kicks. They didn't make Evans drop the ball.

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

They absolutely handed us the game. This was as unsustainable a win as you’ll find. I’ll take the win, but I can understand why folks aren’t giddy about it.

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

They absolutely handed us the game. This was as unsustainable a win as you’ll find. I’ll take the win, but I can understand why folks aren’t giddy about it.

I get so sick of hearing this ish. Just because they didn’t take advantage of their opportunities and we did. That means we won the game and they lost it. The Redskins caused 4 turnovers... they won the game.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And this team will get spanked in the first round of the playoffs.  That’s what Alex Smith led teams do.  

So be it. I’d rather have a chance at it then be at home watching others get their chance...

Obviously Alex Smith isn’t our savior, but he is also not our downfall.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I get so sick of hearing this ish. Just because they didn’t take advantage of their opportunities and we did. That means we won the game and they lost it. The Redskins caused 4 turnovers... they won the game.

If you score 16 points and give up 450+ yards you win what, probably once in 100 times. The only thing different between this game and the Atlanta game is how careless the Bucs were with the ball.

we played terribly in both 

Archived