Preseason game #2: Raiders vs. Rams

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Are they letting him do the play calling right now.  If so that does explain a little.

See, now the way I see it, play calling on defense isn't nearly as important as on offense. It's more about responsibilities and fundamentals. Someone calling different plays isn't going to change the fact that a guy consistently takes the wrong angle when trying to make a tackle short of the first down. It's not going to change the fact that the offense can bunch receivers together and safely bet on a lack of communication by the DBs. The defense is almost on auto pilot in the worst possible way.

That said, the defense looked like a hot mess all the way down to the very basics of defensive football. The question is, is it a simple lack of talent? Bad coaching? Lack of in your face on the field leadership? Is there anybody on the field calling people out on defense?

2 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

See, now the way I see it, play calling on defense isn't nearly as important as on offense. It's more about responsibilities and fundamentals. Someone calling different plays isn't going to change the fact that a guy consistently takes the wrong angle when trying to make a tackle short of the first down. It's not going to change the fact that the offense can bunch receivers together and safely bet on a lack of communication by the DBs. The defense is almost on auto pilot in the worst possible way.

That said, the defense looked like a hot mess all the way down to the very basics of defensive football. The question is, is it a simple lack of talent? Bad coaching? Lack of in your face on the field leadership? Is there anybody on the field calling people out on defense?

I agree with what you said.  That is why I said a little because it is not the only reason.  I blame coaching, communication, and talent up the middle.  I can not speak about leadership but I hope someone is speaking up at some point about the missed plays.

54 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Carrie doing his best Sean Smith impression today.

He's actually doing his best TJ Carrie impression.

Dude hasn't impressed at CB since his rookie year. I don't know why some think he's anything but average at best. A rookie came in and ate his lunch money. Goff targeted whoever he was covering.

Archived