Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

On 8/6/2019 at 7:08 PM, coordinator0 said:

Yeah, I'm pulling for Waller too. He's a real offensive piece. Just has to stay healthy/not suspended.

Definitely thinking that he might be a fantasy sleeper.  Combination of athletic ability/potential and opportunity. Very little competition on the Oakland depth chart.  I like all of our TEs more as players, but they all have a chance of stealing targets from each other.

Edited by sp6488

27 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Definitely thinking that he might be a fantasy sleeper.  Combination of athletic ability/potential and opportunity. Very little competition on the Oakland depth chart.  I like all of our TEs more as players, but they all have a chance of stealing targets from each other.

Meh. I think Mark Andrews is a pretty safe bet. He dominates against zone coverage, it was apparent in college and he did it again last year.

In the draft there were things I liked about him, but my biggest concern with him as to why I didn’t like his translation to the NFL more than Hurst and some of the other TE options, was I thought he was too slow. Then he ran a 4.5 forty at the combine and it confused me. The reality is that Andrews perfectly manipulates his speed, particularly against zone, so that defenders can’t get a good beat on their timing against him. Making him an elite zone busting option.

Most teams will run a zone against Lamar for fear of his speed, thus Andrews skillset will give him the advantage over our other options, even though Hurst is the better athlete and both are similarly efficient vs 1v1 man coverage.

Edited by diamondbull424

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

What is this in reference to?

A reporter asked Culley why he wanted to come to the Ravens. He gave the usual great organization speech, but specifically said there were 2 main reasons- Lamar & Harbaugh.

Wormley is putting his name forward as the 3rd main reason though lol. Even the team's twitter had to toss him a laugh on that one. Worm is funny.

• Like 1

Just now, Ray Reed said:

there's Jimmy Smith trade rumors involving the texans on twitter. that would be an all time bonehead move...there is no value we get back close to the value jimmy brings to this team.

The only thing I had seen was the Leeroy the Dog account (PFTCommenter), which is a joke/unsubstantiated rumor account.