Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

47 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Been on this site since 2006...remember the original Ravens mod who had the WVU avatar? forgot his name, may have been like Raven5255 or something 

Edit: yep, that was him. he was gone a few years even before that 2012 run. 

Been here since then as well on another account. Raven5255 got super busy with school and rarely posted after. I like to think he graduated, met a nice girl and started a family 😂

If anyone remembers BaLrAvEnS, he was a fan from England. Him and I actually kept in touch via Facebook. He still lurks in here lol

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Because I have nothing better to do with my time today, I looked it up on the old forum, the authors of each playoff GDT were:

Wild Card - ????? (Could not find a thread)

Divisional -  @diamondbull424

Championship - Myself

Super Bowl - Myself

So I think this means we NEED @diamondbull424 to make this GDT. xD

Huh... okay.. I’ll do it then. xD

And I love the nostalgia. I can definitely understand Raven5255 getting so busy with school/work. I had to drop off as a mod because I knew I couldn’t dedicate the time to be on here at that point in my life. I came back though, same with @BaltimoreTerp. Sometimes I wonder if 5255 is good.

Heck feels like a lot of people left when the forum switched over. Maybe they’re lurking and will join backup with a Super Bowl win.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Rhule to the Panthers. Lets get McDaniels to the Browns and then anyone but Roman/Wink to the Giants.

Here's Schefter's latest:

And I heard on Dan Patrick this morning that they're also considering Jason Garrett. If one of those guys gets hired in NYG, I doubt we see either of our coordinators go to Cleveland. So IMHO it's actually looking likely that we may get them both back next year!

• Like 1

Honestly I see this more and more likely as Greg Roman being likely to go to Cleveland. The longer they wait. If they don’t go for McDaniels than the only reason I see them having waited so patiently in their coaching search is that they are going all in on Greg Roman. He knows the talent they have on that team, he’s scouted this division, has an intricate knowledge of this franchise, and he has Cleveland roots... plus the Browns have only the past been all about taking our front office guys, they know the Browns fans support anything that can “stick it to the Ravens” so it’s the perfect hire for such a salty franchise. It will be annoying, especially if Romans uninspired playcalling as of late is the reason this team doesn’t get to their desired endgame.

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly I see this more and more likely as Greg Roman being likely to go to Cleveland. The longer they wait. If they don’t go for McDaniels than the only reason I see them having waited so patiently in their coaching search is that they are going all in on Greg Roman. He knows the talent they have on that team, he’s scouted this division, has an intricate knowledge of this franchise, and he has Cleveland roots... plus the Browns have only the past been all about taking our front office guys, they know the Browns fans support anything that can “stick it to the Ravens” so it’s the perfect hire for such a salty franchise. It will be annoying, especially if Romans uninspired playcalling as of late is the reason this team doesn’t get to their desired endgame.

Roman running his offense with Baker Mayfield at QB? Ehhhhhh. I feel like if Cleveland is desperate they'll go for Urban Meyer because of his connection to Ohio already.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

From what I'm reading it seems the more likely target for them is Kevin Stefanski from the Vikings. And the Vikings winning this past weekend is really what's holding up any type of formal announcement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Roman running his offense with Baker Mayfield at QB? Ehhhhhh. I feel like if Cleveland is desperate they'll go for Urban Meyer because of his connection to Ohio already.

Cleveland has already shown a disregard for whom they hire at HC. What’s more Roman has shown to be very adept at improving OL situations when he lands on a team. That was a huge struggle for Cleveland. So if he were to focus his coaching strengths on that while bringing in a good playcaller, that would be a good fit. Roman has utilized rushing QBs but he’s largely only been on teams with rushing QBs as an OC. IIRC Alex Smith was on Roman’s 49ers team as QB and had success and Smith had similar mobility as Baker. The results were an offense that was efficient in the passing attack and a very good rushing attack. I believe that was Frank Gores only All Pro season as well.

Just imagine what G-Ro could do with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt in the backfield.

Though maybe Roman holds out for the Jets position next season.

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

From what I'm reading it seems the more likely target for them is Kevin Stefanski from the Vikings. And the Vikings winning this past weekend is really what's holding up any type of formal announcement.

That also makes sense. He definitely seemed to be doing an excellent job as a player caller in that Vikings-Saints game. Not sure about him beyond that though.

So the JJ Watt return from the triceps injury makes me somewhat wonder if it’s possible we might see Pernell McPhee again. Super Bowl is almost another month away and McPhee went down the week before Watt. If he could return that could be a huge boost for our run defense... assuming we could make it that far.

I know Trawick returned from IR but I can’t recall a second return slot being used. Also can’t recall if you could activate a guy to practice post playoffs starting. Also might not benefit him to return with the possibility of reinjuring himself for his last game under contract. Plus the team May prefer the experience to go to the young guys. But still, McPhee doesn’t have much time left in this league, might as well go out with a bing... he could definitely help the run support.