Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

What are the chances we see Reuben Foster on the team this season in some capacity? His accuser has recanted her story, does that mean he didn't do it? I'd guess no, it means she doesn't want the money to go away. It also means he will most likely be off paperwork and considered innocent. I'd think the 49ers want to unload him at this point and my guess is we're an option. WILB has become the weakest spot on the roster, and the LB position in general was at the center of many woes last season. We could get him for a 3rd or 4th I think. Also he isn't a 1st round pick of ours, he can sit his dopey self on the bench until he learns to function. 

My guess is he would want to come here with so many Bama players, and specifically guys like Marlon, T-Will, and Averett. I don't expect Mosley to really mentor Foster because honestly that's an overblown story line in the NFL. Foster is a grown man and he most likely will never change but being around Mosley at least would show him an example of how to live right in this game. It would get him out of the NFC so the 49ers wouldn't have to see him, we've been trade partners with them in the past. I feel it just makes sense.

No need to bring up character because while the team won't mess around with an Antonio Callaway, our current Will is a former coke dealer, they were willing to sign Jarvis Landry who had his own DV accusations and we just drafted a red flag player in Jordan Lasley. Sizzle has also had some recanted DV issues. The FO wants to win now and he could contribute in a big way. He was a special teams force at Bama and even as a 2 down player his ability to blow up run games would be worth it.

Thoughts?

Nothing is going to change either, the Browns are forever hoe'd, keep watching us net rings and calling us the villains we'll take it for eternity. These old ball clubs are always complaining about what they deserve, but we always pop up and take it. Another one's coming too.

Just saying, this will be the first time I’ve bought a Madden game in over 5 years. Can’t wait to use Lamar Jackson, they better make his speed translate. Like whatever the fastest it can be, it should be at that level. This dude consistently outruns 4.4 speed defensive backs who take good angles... his speed can’t be overstated.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Just saying, this will be the first time I’ve bought a Madden game in over 5 years. Can’t wait to use Lamar Jackson, they better make his speed translate. Like whatever the fastest it can be, it should be at that level. This dude consistently outruns 4.4 speed defensive backs who take good angles... his speed can’t be overstated.

220px-Madden2004box.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Madden right now has his speed at 88, which is like "above average" for a scrambling QB. In past years, players like RGIII had 93 speed, Vick had 95, Kaepernick had 92, Russell Wilson even had 90.

23 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Madden right now has his speed at 88, which is like "above average" for a scrambling QB. In past years, players like RGIII had 93 speed, Vick had 95, Kaepernick had 92, Russell Wilson even had 90.

They should be embarrassed. 

Russell Wilson: 4.55s

Colin Kaepernick: 4.53s

Robert Griffin III: 4.41s

Michael Vick: *4.34s

Lamar Jackson: *4.38s

The only way we can determine Jackson’s speed is through Jaire Alexander. On Louisville workout last summer, Jackson ran a 4.34s time while Alexander ran a 4.32s time. Alexander went on to injure his knee in 2017 that kept him from playing at 100% all season. If healthy, he likely has a slightly faster time, maybe 4.36s. What’s more Jackson improved his time by 0.8s from his sophomore campaign. Assuming at 21 he improves his speed further,  no way he tests any slower than 4.38s at the combine. On tape, I guessed that he looks 4.34s and it’s funny that the Louisville time came in exactly at that number. Madden should feel ashamed of themselves. Perhaps I’ll wait until Madden 20 instead. Maybe when he shows his speed on the field they’ll be forced to admit their egregious mistake.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

They should be embarrassed. 

Russell Wilson: 4.55s

Colin Kaepernick: 4.53s

Robert Griffin III: 4.41s

Michael Vick: *4.34s

Lamar Jackson: *4.38s

The only way we can determine Jackson’s speed is through Jaire Alexander. On Louisville workout last summer, Jackson ran a 4.34s time while Alexander ran a 4.32s time. Alexander went on to injure his knee in 2017 that kept him from playing at 100% all season. If healthy, he likely has a slightly faster time, maybe 4.36s. What’s more Jackson improved his time by 0.8s from his sophomore campaign. Assuming at 21 he improves his speed further,  no way he tests any slower than 4.38s at the combine. On tape, I guessed that he looks 4.34s and it’s funny that the Louisville time came in exactly at that number. Madden should feel ashamed of themselves. Perhaps I’ll wait until Madden 20 instead. Maybe when he shows his speed on the field they’ll be forced to admit their egregious mistake.

Madden never does things logically so I'm not surprised. The way they formulate ratings has always been a complete joke.

35 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Madden never does things logically so I'm not surprised. The way they formulate ratings has always been a complete joke.

Perhaps I’ll just have to wait until Madden 24 when Lamar Jackson is on the cover following his first MVP season to buy the game, when they finally give him his 95 speed rating that he deserves.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Perhaps I’ll just have to wait until Madden 24 when Lamar Jackson is on the cover following his first MVP season to buy the game, when they finally give him his 95 speed rating that he deserves.

That would be great, but a year ago they also implemented a "regression" system where the older you are, the more your speed declines. So even if they had him at 95 speed this year, using that regression algorithm (which is horribly implemented, I might add), his speed will still be about 89 in 4 years.

18 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Nothing is going to change either, the Browns are forever hoe'd, keep watching us net rings and calling us the villains we'll take it for eternity. These old ball clubs are always complaining about what they deserve, but we always pop up and take it. Another one's coming too.

I saw this before, but I think it’s funny that the sting isn’t as great with the Patriots. It’s just funny how they deserved the Super Bowl, yet it didn’t happen until 5 years after the fact. Perhaps if it were a year following, but by the time the Ravens won the Super Bowl, they had their franchise back.

On another note, would it not be interesting if that situation in New England continues to devolve and Josh McDaniels/Brady win out while Bill Belichik is fired/resigns?

And equally interesting if the Ravens situation with Harbaugh continues to go down the drain over the next two seasons and he’s let go?

And all the more interesting if Ozzie Newsome (now the highest paid scout) convinces Bill Belichik to take the job in Baltimore and we go on to form a dynasty? One that pisses off both the Browns and the Patriots???

(one can dream)

Edited by diamondbull424