Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

You know what I just realized? Since we've got the AFC East and NFC West on our schedule next year, in all likelihood we're gonna get the entire Lamar Jackson 2018 draft revenge tour next year: he's gonna go up against Mayfield (x2), Darnold, Allen, and Rosen all in one season. 

He's gonna be motivated as hell for those you can Belee Dat.

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So now that Flacco is soon to be gone...it looks like it's time for a new punny name. I'm open to suggestions!

Pretty chipper, both your teams lost back to back. 

Well as far as old bands go, if you want to stay consistent, there's some low hanging "The Jackson 5 8" fruit hanging out there.

Just now, DreamKid said:

Pretty chipper, both your teams lost back to back. 

Well as far as old bands go, if you want to stay consistent, there's some low hanging "The Jackson 5 8" fruit hanging out there.

Meh, Seahawks losing doesn't bother me.

I thought about it a little and the best I could come up with was "30 Seconds To Lamars", but I do love "The Jackson 8" as well. Gotta think more. AFlaccoSeagulls is just so good because it's so versatile lol

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I thought about it a little and the best I could come up with was "30 Seconds To Lamars", but I do love "The Jackson 8" as well. Gotta think more. AFlaccoSeagulls is just so good because it's so versatile lol

lol Christ, that's rough bro. Strong Cringe Impact. 

It's too bad Lamar didn't engineer some insane winning drive today that took roughly 30 seconds, you'd be set...and the team would be in the playoffs. 

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff this offseason. Wink getting a head coaching job would hurt in more ways than one, obviously we'd lose a good DC but he'd presumably end up bringing guys with him for his new staff as well - for example, I'd bet Greg Roman goes with him to get another shot at being OC, which would leave us with just Marty without the guy who probably deserves more credit even for the midseason adjustments this year considering how much of our success came through the ground game. 

Helping develop/grow Lamar as a passer has to be the biggest priority for the organization this offseason, both in terms of coaching and personnel decisions. I would like to see Harbaugh give Bobby Petrino a call to see if there's an opportunity there to bring him in as a passing game coordinat/guru similar to what we did with Roman when we needed to revamp the running game. Petrino seems like a real POS but he's also a strong offensive mind who obviously has a history of success with Lamar. 

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

lol Christ, that's rough bro. Strong Cringe Impact. 

It's too bad Lamar didn't engineer some insane winning drive today that took roughly 30 seconds, you'd be set...and the team would be in the playoffs. 

Hey I had like 10 minutes in the shower to think of something and that's the best I could do!

3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff this offseason. Wink getting a head coaching job would hurt in more ways than one, obviously we'd lose a good DC but he'd presumably end up bringing guys with him for his new staff as well - for example, I'd bet Greg Roman goes with him to get another shot at being OC, which would leave us with just Marty without the guy who probably deserves more credit even for the midseason adjustments this year considering how much of our success came through the ground game. 

Helping develop/grow Lamar as a passer has to be the biggest priority for the organization this offseason, both in terms of coaching and personnel decisions. I would like to see Harbaugh give Bobby Petrino a call to see if there's an opportunity there to bring him in as a passing game coordinat/guru similar to what we did with Roman when we needed to revamp the running game. Petrino seems like a real POS but he's also a strong offensive mind who obviously has a history of success with Lamar. 

For what it's worth Roman can't go anywhere else unless it's for a head coaching position. He has an assistant head coach title. I mean, if Greg really really wanted out of his contract the Ravens would probably allow it but otherwise he's kind of stuck.