Week 10 GDT

N4L

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Why is the Rams run defense so bad?  This isn't the first game where they have looked bad in that area either.  You'd think they would be more stout up front considering the guys they got on the defensive line.

I expect their pass defense to improve once Talib gets back and Peters will at some point perform a little bit better, but that run defense is concerning.

imagine having a poor run defense with Donald and Suh, wow.

Suh is not a good run defender. Even when he was at his best in DET, you could trap him all game long and he never knew what to do to adjust. 

He plays the pass and goes for the flashy play rather than sound gap control. 

He has made a living manhandling lesser guards and playing dirty. 

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Would help if guys would tackle, but also, I'm not sure why the hell we moved Ebukam over to SOLB on that last series.

Yeah, it would for sure help if they'd tackle. I'm getting so tired of this defense. Every week, it looks like garbage in the first half.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, it would for sure help if they'd tackle. I'm getting so tired of this defense. Every week, it looks like garbage in the first half.

Our linebackers are largely mediocre across the board.  There's some promise in Littleton, but he's more of that Buck type than a Mike.  And in every Phillips-Burrough's scheme I've seen, you're hosed against the run without two quality ILB's.

Edit: I'd have contended before (and it's still the same now) the trade for Fowler, that multi-tool/3-down ILB was a bigger need for us than EDGE; you can manufacture/synthesize edge-rushing if you've got the middle of your defense locked down.

Archived