Week 17 GDT - Lions @ Packers

MacReady

Just now, Golfman said:

Proving how childish you are! 

Yes, you're right.  I am childish.  I am childish in the sense that I enjoy having fun with superstition.  It's something I'm very proud of, the fact that I can still have fun and not take myself too seriously.  I love how childish I am.  Sometimes I still build forts.  I still play video games.  I still get a childish joy while watching Star Wars.  I like board games, and I like discovering new animals and talking to squirrels.  I am extremely childish, and it's something I will be until the day I die.  I will always be childish in my quest for fun and partaking in childish superstition, which I feel adds to the experience of watching professional football.  I would rather be that type of childish over the type of childish of a child who was told that Santa didn't exist at two years old and goes around the playground telling other kids Santa isn't real and crapping on childish dreams because they're stubborn and grumpy at eight years old and want nothing other than to kill the dreams and fun of other kids because their life wasn't full of happiness and they have to ruin the rest of the world for everybody in spite and in anger towards the fact that they were born. 

I would much rather be the former type of childish than the latter, so thank you. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Yeah, it has nothing to do with that. This is more of narcissism trying to draw attention to yourself. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, but go on believing what you will. 

Let's review:

1. Ask nicely for somebody else to take over GDT responsibilities.  Very friendly, very nice request which explained why I wanted it.  Acknowledged it was silly, but referenced back to when the fun of GDT superstition worked in 2015.  Offer to let the person continue making them with a win, but ask that, if it's a loss, let literally anybody else take over.  Not me, not a specific person, but literally anybody else and see if we can ride their hot hand just like people like to do in other superstitious acts from gambling to team sports to board games to anything that involves superstition or where superstition can be applied. 

2. A loss is imminent against the Patriots.  I ask nicely again, extremely nicely.  I even tag him to ask him nicely to let somebody - ANYBODY - else make the GDT for the fun of it.  Responds saying it's too late, he's already typed it up.  Therefore, Incognito Man makes the thread because others also want to have fun with the GDT making on this forum, as we have for YEARS on this site.  He makes the thread once a loss is clear against the Patriots. 

3. Leader calls us both children for wanting to have fun on the Internet with superstition. 

4. Before the game even starts, Leader makes a GDT for the Seahawks. 

So between me and Leader, considering I asked him to let ANYBODY else make the GDT, which act sounds more narcissistic?  YOU want to believe what you want to believe because you don't like me. 

Thanks for confirming what I wrote. You started this weeks thread before the game was over last week. So, no matter what, your superstition was more relevant than anything else. Then, when you post the rest of the game threads, I mean, it's laughable how childish that is and not in the "I still believe in Santa", way. It's more like, if I don't get my way, I'm changing the rules. Like I said, childish! 

Maybe you ought to take your ball and go home now because it's getting pathetic! 

Just now, Golfman said:

You started this weeks thread before the game was over last week.

No I didn't.  That was someone else.  So I didn't confirm anything, but nice try.  And he only did that because Leader flat out refused to let anyone else make a GDT. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

After we beat Miami I know @Packerraymond and @CWood21 will do they right thing and lock the illegitimate Seattle GDT.

I'll then create the legitimate one that people will post in.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

@Packerraymond, @CWood21, seconded.  My Gameday Threads are placeholders for Incognito's. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is such basic Football 101.

It is science, no reason to argue it.

Archived