2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

He's got 5 years left on his deal. If he doesn't report he goes back to NY, no? 

sure he does but the Giants just traded him 7 months after extending him for 5 years. How do you blame a player for wanting to add some security back into his 5 year contract?

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

sure he does but the Giants just traded him 7 months after extending him for 5 years. How do you blame a player for wanting to add some security back into his 5 year contract?

I don't blame him and I would not blame the Browns if they told him to pound sand. He's getting paid this year just like he was with the Giants. 

Edited by Golfman

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He's got 5 years left on his deal. If he tells Cleveland he wants more cash they can void the deal, no? Assuming that happens in a day or so. 

You edited the post so I will adjust mine...

I don't think Odell wants more money, I think he wants to add guarantees in.

5 years 75 million buys a lot of security. This is about upping what Brown got for bragging rights for 3 months. Those are the guys to avoid because that hole inside them never gets filled

• Like 1

Just now, cannondale said:

5 years 75 million buys a lot of security. This is about upping what Brown got for bragging rights for 3 months. Those are the guys to avoid because that hole inside them never gets filled

My point was the guarantees as I made clear. Him wanting to add cash to the deal changes what I said

• Like 1

You edited the post so I will adjust mine...

I don't think Odell wants more money, I think he wants to add guarantees in.

I did because it didn't read the way I meant it. NFL.com is reporting he wants more new money like Antonio Brown got with guarantees. If he wants a certain part of his current deal guaranteed that is a totally different conversation and I'd have no problem with that. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I did because it didn't read the way I meant it. NFL.com is reporting he wants more new money like Antonio Brown got with guarantees. If he wants a certain part of his current deal guaranteed that is a totally different conversation and I'd have no problem with that. 

This is what I thought. we agree :) 

• Like 1

Its clear that Gute was targeting a specific type of pass rusher. Tall, long and heavy. Dee Ford is none of those things and obviously he will cost more than our Smiths combined and also having to give up a draft pick in the process. Is Ford as a player higher $$$ + draft pick worth that much better than the Smiths? I don't think the gap between them is large enough to take the plunge.

• Like 2