Eagles RBs

Bednarik60

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

1.) He's listed at 176 lbs by the Eagles.

2.) Then, don't have him in to pass protect?

I mean I wasn't a fan of the Pumphrey pick when it was made and still am not really a fan, but c'mon.

Pumphrey is gonna get hurt if he has to pass protect? He stayed very healthy in college with a massive workload and has taken hard hits in preseason and hasn't got injured.

Wentz can also evade rushers and is a pretty big dude. I don't think he'll be snapped in half if Pumphrey ends up getting him sacked.

However, it is kind of a moot point, because I don't think Pumphrey will be asked to pass protect much at all.

What do you think about my point about putting him on IR slowing down his development?

1. Listed weights are always exaggerated. Even at 176 that is low for a RB. 176 is low for a college WR, let alone NFL RB.

2. You can't just have a guy not pass protect. Every RB has to be able to do it. Sometimes you have to change the play based on what the defense is showing. What if Carson needs an additional pass protector and the RB on the field is Pumphrey? He has to pass protect. 

3. C'mon what? He's a 5'8, 176lbs RB who hasn't shown much in live settings. He was a round 4 pick, we're acting like he's some untouchable 1st rounder. 

4. Wentz being able to evade is meaningless. Every QB can get hurt if hit the right (or wrong) way.

5. Pumphrey has already sat out some practice sessions. He's not invincible. And I doubt SDSU asked him to pass protect much.

6. I don't think Pumphrey on IR affects his development. The development he needs is physical and he can do that on IR.

3 minutes ago, Phire said:

The debate about which RB rides the pine all year is paramount.

Specially now that Nate Ilaoa got a gym membership to Planet Fitness. 

#comebackplayeroftheyear #itsNatestime #planetfitness #nolunksonlyrunningbacks

Against the Bills, Pumphrey had five offensive touches. He lost three yards on his three carries as a runner but caught two passes — the first for nine yards, the second for a gain of 11 yards.

Pumphrey also had three punt returns of negative three, six, and eight yards, respective

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Specially now that Nate Ilaoa got a gym membership to Planet Fitness. 

#comebackplayeroftheyear #itsNatestime #planetfitness #nolunksonlyrunningbacks

Yeah Nate and Tony Hunt can train together haha

12 minutes ago, Phire said:

1. Listed weights are always exaggerated. Even at 176 that is low for a RB. 176 is low for a college WR, let alone NFL RB.

2. You can't just have a guy not pass protect. Every RB has to be able to do it. Sometimes you have to change the play based on what the defense is showing. What if Carson needs an additional pass protector and the RB on the field is Pumphrey? He has to pass protect. 

3. C'mon what? He's a 5'8, 176lbs RB who hasn't shown much in live settings. He was a round 4 pick, we're acting like he's some untouchable 1st rounder. 

4. Wentz being able to evade is meaningless. Every QB can get hurt if hit the right (or wrong) way.

5. Pumphrey has already sat out some practice sessions. He's not invincible. And I doubt SDSU asked him to pass protect much.

6. I don't think Pumphrey on IR affects his development. The development he needs is physical and he can do that on IR.

1. Pumphrey weighed in at 176 lbs at the combine, so its not unrealistic that he weighed in at that with the Eagles.

2. Sure you can. It just limits how much playing time he will likely get. 

3. He's 5'9" and he's a reporter said he has been playing through a hamstring that isn't 100%.  Fourth rounders usually always make the 53.

4. Not saying Wentz can't get hurt, but its not a given that he'll get hurt if Pumphrey has to pass protect a few times.

5. I never said he can't get hurt. My point is he is a lot more durable than you're giving him credit for. Besides that you are much more likely to get injured running the ball than you are pass protecting.

6. It obviously affects his development. Those practice reps matter both physically and mentally. He can't get better at pass protecting or running routes if he is on injured reserve. He can however lift weights and eat more while on the active roster. 

12 hours ago, Danger said:

Clement's pre season has for all intents and purposes been pretty bad. Outside of his 1, 24 yard scamper. He has 14 carries for 23 yards. (1.6 YPC)

At this point I'll still take Treggs over him.

Thank you! He's been less garbage than Pumphrey. If everything was equitable, he'd make it over Pump but it's bad business to trade up in the 4th for a guy and then cut him, so Pump probably stays. He is certainly not making it over Sproles, Blount and Smallwood. They are all clearly better players. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Thank you! He's been less garbage than Pumphrey. If everything was equitable, he'd make it over Pump but it's bad business to trade up in the 4th for a guy and then cut him, so Pump probably stays. He is certainly not making it over Sproles, Blount and Smallwood. They are all clearly better players. 

I think it's a moot point too since the Eagles will force Pumphrey onto the roster. I just think it's dumb. He can't even get positive yards against depth players. I personally disagree that a guy like Shelton Gibson taken in round 5 is a clear and easy cut but Pumphrey taken a round earlier is uncuttable. I get that's the way things are. I'm not saying Clement is lighting the world on fire or anything, but even if you say that Clement is bad, he hasn't been completely useless. Pumphrey has not only been useless but literally losing yards on the majority of his touches.

Archived