Eagles RBs

Bednarik60

39 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I still think could carry Pump as a utility player RB/WR/KR and keep  Blount ,Sproles,  Smallwood, Clement all under running back. And just choose to not carry a extra bum WR. 

bryce treggs did well last week bro he's not a bum. Well he was bum last year. 

Roob:

Blount's lack of production really puts the spotlight on just how unsettled this running back situation is. Wendell Smallwood has been hurt and has yet to play in the preseason, Donnel Pumphrey has yet to show any signs of the player he was in college (but is a roster lock), Darren Sproles is still explosive but is 34 now and is going to be on a pitch count, and that leaves Corey Clement, the undrafted rookie, who has looked pretty good so far. Clement, who grew up across the river in Glassboro, New Jersey, had a 24-yard run and then a tough six-yard TD run through traffic in the second quarter but still needs to be more consistent running, blocking and catching the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles add a back at some point, although I'm not sure an upgrade would be available. Right now, Clement is ahead of Smallwood, but those undrafted rookies have to do more than draft picks to stick around. I know one thing. It's not easy to watch the Eagles' scuffling in the running game and then see No. 25 on the other sideline. LeSean McCoy ran four times for 21 yards Thursday night against his former team and had an 11-yard catch. Chip Kelly did a lot of destructive things during his brief term as general manager, but I don't think any of us will ever understand that one.

Clement is meh. I'm not sure why Eagles fans are hyping the guy up.

People keep talking about how Smallwood can't stay healthy.

Last time I remember Smallwood stayed healthy in college and Clement didn't.

We saw Smallwood miss time last year and now with a hamstring and he's suddenly injury prone.

Preseason reactions are so ridiculous.

At least for backs like Henry Josey the hype was understandable, because he was tearing it up in preseason. That isn't even the case with Clement.

I'm not trying to say Corey is bad or he doesn't deserve a shot to make the roster or practice squad, but the hype he's getting from Eagles fans saying he should probably be our starter and should definitely beat out Smallwood or Pumphrey is just extremely puzzling.

Archived