You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

18 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

"He played bad openings"- Cleveland. I replied to a comment saying about him interviewing and throwing his name out for jobs he wasn't going to take. The  same with the indy job

Yeah but that was just last year not 9 years ago -- so that doesn't imply he's grown up in the past 9 years. If anything that implies he hasn't. Does it not?

On 11/16/2018 at 7:39 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

He failed in Denver because he's insane and incapable of having any kind of authority without going wild and needing to have his ego stroked off every day. 

Rodgers and McDaniels would kill each other on the 3rd day of OTAs. 

Also why the hell are people looking for a ****** like McDaniels?

Probably because of his work with Brady.  That situation only works because of who the HC is.  I don't know if I'd want McDaniels either after that mess in Denver.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:02 AM, Patriotplayer90 said:

This season has presented a perfect opportunity for McCarthy to implement the running game to take the pressure off an injured QB and young receivers, and for the defense to come together under a new coordinator.... and they have failed miserably.  Goodbye, McCarthy.

The defense is improving under Pettine so I wouldn't say they have failed.  Almost all of us are happy with our new DC.  We hope he stays if we hire a new HC for next season.

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Fact remains that 94% of head coaches don't win Super Bowls.  94%.  We know we have a coach capable of it.  We have five years left with Rodgers.  That's it.  You are putting everything into the next head coach.  There won't be a third head coach in the Rodgers era.  

Are you that confident we're gonna hit on a 6% chance?

Do you think we have a better than 6% chance if we stay with McCarthy?  When we hired Mac we took a chance on him too.  After a while things can go stale.  Look at Andy Reid's tenure in Philly.  Things got stale there too.  Reid moved on to KC and Philly hired a unproven HC in Pederson and the rest is history.  I suspect if we move on from McCarthy he won't be unemployed very long.

16 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

It's kind of crazy to me how Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy are viewed. Payton has 4 NFCS titles and 4 7-9 seasons and he's brilliant. 

Mac has 6 NFCN crowns, one 7-9 season with mostly Hundley, and one 8-8 season with Rodgers 10 years ago. Now at 4-5-1 he's the worst coach that ever lived. Seems a little odd.

I don't think Mac is the worst coach that ever lived but after a while things can get stale.  If Mac moves on it might revitalize his career too.

Just now, Pugger said:

I don't think Mac is the worst coach that ever lived but after a while things can get stale.  If Mac moves on it might revitalize his career too.

Why would it? If he brings with him the (supposed) same old playbook (that every DC has down pat) and the same old football "Win one for the Gipper" proverbs.

If I'm in charge I would extend MM and end this debate.  Odds are slim will find someone better.  I get fans are frustrated with the team's performance to date however don't believe a coaching change is the answer.  The team could very well regress under this scenario.  Packers have been a victim of some horrid calls and an untimely injury to AR.  Get the frustration with this season but a coaching change is not the answer IMO.  Zook however better get control of special teams.  We can't get a return off without a flag flying.  Getting old.  He better correct it or he should be shown the door.  

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

You don't think Jaire is contributing? There's a reason why the highest pick we've had in years appears better than were used to from rookies...

This apparently really good '18 class won't be rookies in '19. We will have twice asany first round picks (probably) than the rest of the league in '19 as well. Perhaps another whole class at the top half of their round (better than half the league).

I still can't quite figure out why people always ignore draft capital...

And the teams in our division who we are looking up at have been drafting much higher than we have for several years.  Often there is a big discrepancy between the kids drafted in the top half compared to those taken at the tail end of the first round.  Often those taken after #20 aren't noticeably better than those taken in the first half of the second round.

15 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Yes. Short of going to the NFCCG, Mac is gone me thinks. No need to worry about that though, once we roll over in Minnesota, it’ll effectively end the season. 

Losing the other night has ended the season IMO.  Unless we win out - and I don't see that happening - and Chicago and MN implode we aren't making the playoffs this year.  And even if we did I don't see us doing anything once we got there.  We'd be on the road and we all know how well we do on the road...

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Losing the other night has ended the season IMO.  Unless we win out - and I don't see that happening - and Chicago and MN implode we aren't making the playoffs this year.  And even if we did I don't see us doing anything once we got there.  We'd be on the road and we all know how well we do on the road...

Ii cant exactly click on the "You like this" icon......so, I say that (sadly) I agree :(

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Most talented roster since 2014 to me. Clearly talent enough to win more than 4 out of 10 games.

I don't know if this is the most talented roster since 2014 but if it is indeed true then why is this talented roster screwing up and losing these close games?  I suggest it goes back to coaching.  When players screw up it usually is a discipline issue and that goes back to the coaches more often than not.

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why would it? If he brings with him the (supposed) same old playbook (that every DC has down pat) and the same old football "Win one for the Gipper" proverbs.

Reid wore out his welcome in Philly but seems to be doing well in KC.  That team looks like a winner.   I just think a change in scenery would do wonders for the team and Mac.

22 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

If I'm in charge I would extend MM and end this debate.  Odds are slim will find someone better.  I get fans are frustrated with the team's performance to date however don't believe a coaching change is the answer.  The team could very well regress under this scenario.  Packers have been a victim of some horrid calls and an untimely injury to AR.  Get the frustration with this season but a coaching change is not the answer IMO.  Zook however better get control of special teams.  We can't get a return off without a flag flying.  Getting old.  He better correct it or he should be shown the door.  

If Zook can't get control of his team and should be shown the door why not McCarthy as well?  Yes, we got screwed by some calls but why didn't Mac change his scheme when AR got hurt?  Mac finally has a good back but if the opposition stuffs the run a few times he'll abandon it and AGAIN put all the onus on his QB and young wide outs instead.  If you show the defense you aren't gonna run the ball they will pin their ears back and make a mess of things in the backfield like Seattle did Thursday night.

Archived