Awesome Dudes Mafia: Game Over--Mafia Wins!

James

I do think I focus too much on what would happen if a role is played to its fullest potential though. It didn't turn out too badly in this one, but the Always Sunny game was a little deflating because so many possibilities weren't even close to being realized.

1 minute ago, James said:

I do think I focus too much on what would happen if a role is played to its fullest potential though. It didn't turn out too badly in this one, but the Always Sunny game was a little deflating because so many possibilities weren't even close to being realized.

I've never hosted, but that has to be a massive letdown when your plans as a host don't get realized.

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I mean.. We had to lynch scum 3 nights in a row to get to where we were.

I guess from my perspective with a 10-3-1 ratio, mafia having the decisively more powerful role-set is OP.

I feel like in a full vanilla game 10-3 would be a fair ratio

The night you all lynched me, the SK was going to kill me. His back up kill was Squire. 

Little things like that are underrated when it comes to balance. 

It was fine balance imo

Just now, Tk3 said:

I've never hosted, but that has to be a massive letdown when your plans as a host don't get realized.

My last game both sides would get a power-up when any of 5 random vanillas died. But all the civ specials died pretty quickly, so not only did they not get to use their power-ups, but the ones the mafia got were useless since they didn't have civ moves to contend with xD

Also, for the record:

I protected Whicker N3, but the logic that got me there was faulty. It really was dumb luck.

I protected Whicker N2, and I speculated that perhaps I blocked correctly, which is why we were missing a death. I was hoping mafia assumed it was the JOAT self protecting (as we discussed in thread), and that they would try again the next night when he couldn't protect himself. That was the logic behind protecting Whicker N3.

I guess a little of it was WIFOM that I didn't think they would hit Gopher since it would be very likely that he would be protected.

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think I pointed that out in chat, that you nailed all 3 of us.

As for claiming, I already told you this, but no. We thought Whicker was the protector. It makes more sense that he would protect himself than he would pull a protection without a claim. 

We werent hitting you that night until you claimed. 

So I don't THINK I could have protected myself, although I never confirmed with @James 

However, in the event that the unblockable died, I was going to suggest to the thread that the protector should claim, then self-protect everynight and be essentially immune. I was hoping that a mafia would take the bait and try to claim it.

Sad that we never got to see that plan play out.

Just now, Tk3 said:

So I don't THINK I could have protected myself, although I never confirmed with @James 

However, in the event that the unblockable died, I was going to suggest to the thread that the protector should claim, then self-protect everynight and be essentially immune. I was hoping that a mafia would take the bait and try to claim it.

Sad that we never got to see that plan play out.

It wouldn't make sense thematically, but I would've let you self-protect.

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I mean.. We had to lynch scum 3 nights in a row to get to where we were.

I guess from my perspective with a 10-3-1 ratio, mafia having the decisively more powerful role-set is OP.

I feel like in a full vanilla game 10-3 would be a fair ratio

Your JOAT took out a civ N1.Mafia invest finds civ invest N1

Your pardoned saved a civ lynch D2

Your protector blocked hits N1 and N3.

SK and mafia hits overlap N2

SK hit N4 on lynched 

Civ invest finds pardoned N1

There were a lot of moves that really could have changed things greatly.

2 minutes ago, James said:

It wouldn't make sense thematically, but I would've let you self-protect.

So in the scenario in which the unblockable hit died, I could have claimed (never be lynched) and self protected every night (never be hit)?

That would literally be breaking the game :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Your JOAT took out a civ N1.Mafia invest finds civ invest N1

Your pardoned saved a civ lynch D2

Your protector blocked hits N1 and N3.

SK and mafia hits overlap N2

SK hit N4 on lynched 

Civ invest finds pardoned N1

There were a lot of moves that really could have changed things greatly.

I guess my point is; we had a successful pardon, TWO successful blocks, got the benefit of 2 hits not landing due to the players being dead/lynched

Not to mention we had THREE consecutive non-town lynches.

It took ALL of that just to come CLOSE to winning and still wound up LYLO

Obviously civs made some errors, civs ALWAYS will due to lack of information. But the point is, the civs did a TON right. This could EASILY have been one of those runaways, and had things not improved on D3 there is no coming back from it. Mathematically over at that point.

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I guess my point is; we had a successful pardon, TWO successful blocks, got the benefit of 2 hits not landing due to the players being dead/lynched

Not to mention we had THREE consecutive non-town lynches.

It took ALL of that just to come CLOSE to winning and still wound up LYLO

Obviously civs made some errors, civs ALWAYS will due to lack of information. But the point is, the civs did a TON right. This could EASILY have been one of those runaways, and had things not improved on D3 there is no coming back from it. Mathematically over at that point.

You also had the disadvantage that literally I was the only mafia to make a blatant mistake in thread. We had 3 vets, we nailed your most important role N1, and that role outted Malf for us. 

The mafia overall played pretty well, especially since we hung Dome out to dry D2 with super aggressive play. 

Archived