Awesome Dudes Mafia: Game Over--Mafia Wins!

James

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, Tk3 said:

Dome/Matts/Squire me thinks

YAASS TK

Sad that one of you punks sneaked through. Whicker's general thought process towards the end of the game was excellent, just a narrow miss with the final choices.

I'll also take a little credit in being the only person to trust in @Pickle Rick prior to his claim.

Curious if people think I did the right thing in claiming. I considering trying to stay UTR one more night, but I knew there were 3 hits flying (plus I may have been lynched), and I did not want my information about Whicker to die with me.

The concept of having 9 people alive and 4 of them cleared was too much to pass up on, despite the fact that mafia had 2 hits

Also, did anyone else feel like this game was a little lopsided?

12-3-1 with all of those mafia hits?

I think the SK had it even worse than the civs. He had 2 investigators to worry about, plus all of those hits. I feel like he had a low chance of success regardless of how well he played. @Dome @squire12 @Matts4313. Did you know

Especially considering the way we got down early (8-3-1) and all of those hits, it was a huge accomplishment for us to get to a situation of a Win/Lose final lynch.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'll also take a little credit in being the only person to trust in @Pickle Rick prior to his claim.

Curious if people think I did the right thing in claiming. I considering trying to stay UTR one more night, but I knew there were 3 hits flying (plus I may have been lynched), and I did not want my information about Whicker to die with me.

The concept of having 9 people alive and 4 of them cleared was too much to pass up on, despite the fact that mafia had 2 hits

I think I pointed that out in chat, that you nailed all 3 of us.

As for claiming, I already told you this, but no. We thought Whicker was the protector. It makes more sense that he would protect himself than he would pull a protection without a claim. 

We werent hitting you that night until you claimed. 

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I think the SK had it even worse than the civs. He had 2 investigators to worry about, plus all of those hits. I feel like he had a low chance of success regardless of how well he played. @Dome @squire12 @Matts4313. Did you know

Especially considering the way we got down early (8-3-1) and all of those hits, it was a huge accomplishment for us to get to a situation of a Win/Lose final lynch.

Its hard to argue it was not balanced when you look at the results. SK killed the night before LYLO, 3 civs 1 mafia in LYLO.

Even the previous night Squire was debating if we look for the SK or kill Gopher. We didnt know who it was. Ron had us fooled.

@KOTN-93 @Mega Ron

I hope you both enjoyed yourselves.

I wish one of you had been in a chatty. To be mafia and in a chatty is a REALLY fun and learning experience, especially if you are with 1 or 2 good, experienced players. It's easy to get lost in your first few games when you are all on your own.

I'm really glad you both survived a long time. Hopefully it was a fun experience and you play some more.

Just now, Tk3 said:

Eh. Nightly protect, plus JOAT that could survive the unblockable hit. My original plan was 4 more vanilla and a 4th mafia (odd night roleblock, idea being that they could effectively make their odd hits unblockable if they nailed down the right roles). The point was for it to be a shorter game, but the overlapped hits and successful protection dragged it to 6 days. I think it would've been nearly impossible for the SK to win, but their 2 hits could really swing the game.

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

it was 10-3-1

potential for cross kill and vig hit too and mafia couldnt protect

i was fine with balance.

it was swingy, but doable

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its hard to argue it was not balanced when you look at the results.

Even the previous night Squire was debating if we look for the SK or kill Gopher. We didnt know who it was. Ron had us fooled.

I mean.. We had to lynch scum 3 nights in a row to get to where we were.

I guess from my perspective with a 10-3-1 ratio, mafia having the decisively more powerful role-set is OP.

I feel like in a full vanilla game 10-3 would be a fair ratio

Archived