Ah, D... Playoffs? Don't Talk About... Playoffs? You Kidding Me?

MacReady

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep, the only hope to beat the Saints would be for the game to start off way wrong for New Orleans and for us to ride the momentum.  It's not impossible, but 99/100 times we would not beat the Saints this year. 

Gotta hope for a team like the Bears/Vikings to surprise the Saints.

If you could grant me an NFCCG for GB at either Chicago or Minnesota right now I'd jump for joy given the alternatives. 

We can still make the playoffs by only beating the Cardinals, Falcons, Lions and Jets.  Could you imagine how lolable that would be? 

It's really not even that farfetched as far as who has to lose either, and we'd play the Bears in the Wild Card round.  The Seahawks or Cowboys would play the Saints, and we'd play the Rams and then the Seahawks or Cowboys. 

Super Bowl isn't over. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

We can still make the playoffs by only beating the Cardinals, Falcons, Lions and Jets.  Could you imagine how lolable that would be? 

We're not talking about the mathematical possibility, I'm talking about real, tangible chances.  Do you truly believe the Packers have a strong chance at making the playoffs?

Just now, CWood21 said:

We're not talking about the mathematical possibility, I'm talking about real, tangible chances.  Do you truly believe the Packers have a strong chance at making the playoffs?

Honestly, looking at what has to happen, I think it's more likely than not we make the playoffs if we win out still.

That's how messed up it is. 

It's extremely unlikely for us to make the playoffs if we lose again, but the fact that it's still possible is funny to me. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly, looking at what has to happen, I think it's more likely than not we make the playoffs if we win out still.

That's how messed up it is. 

It's extremely unlikely for us to make the playoffs if we lose again, but the fact that it's still possible is funny to me. 

So you think not only are the Packers winning out but you think they're going to get the necessary help to do so?  I want whatever you're sipping on.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So you think not only are the Packers winning out but you think they're going to get the necessary help to do so?  I want whatever you're sipping on.

well, we arent going to catch the vikings now.

but if we win out, that means that one of the following teams has to go 4-1 over their next 5 games to finish higher than us

washington

seattle

carolina

or, the eagles have to run the table

This season isn't about us winning the Super Bowl anymore, it's about us saving McCarthy's job so we don't make a colossal mistake and fire him. 

I just want to have it come down to the final week and have us still be in contention.  I don't care if we make the playoffs or not at this point, I just want us to contend.  I'm not about ready to start another long offseason. 

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

well, we arent going to catch the vikings now.

but if we win out, that means that one of the following teams has to go 4-1 over their next 5 games to finish higher than us

washington

seattle

carolina

or, the eagles have to run the table

We've got lost the tiebreaker with Minnesota, they're pretty much a shoe-in ahead of us.  Washington will inevitably fall out of the mix, so it's down to Seattle, Carolina, and Green Bay.  We're 1.5 games back of both Seattle and Carolina.  That means we'd need a 2 game swing for the Packers.  The Packers would have to go 5-0 and the Seahawks and Panthers go no better than 3-2.

Seattle: San Francisco, Minnesota, @ San Francisco, Kansas City, Arizona
Carolina: @ Tampa Bay, @ Cleveland, New Orleans, Atlanta, @ New Orleans

Carolina has a murder's gauntlet, which kills their chances IMO.  Losing their last 3 games pretty much killed their chances of making the playoffs, even if the Saints rest in Week 17.  They'll probably get a win against Tampa Bay, but the rest are probably closer to toss-up.  But Seattle has a joke of a remaining schedule.  They face San Francisco twice and Arizona.  That's 3 wins right there.  Kansas City could be resting at this point, but I wouldn't count on it.  That leaves absolutely zero room for error.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That leaves absolutely zero room for error.

thats true.

one more loss and its for sure over.

but i think its going to be difficult even for seattle to go 4-1 in their next 5 games.

(even more difficult for green bay to go 5-0 though)

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep, the only hope to beat the Saints would be for the game to start off way wrong for New Orleans and for us to ride the momentum.  It's not impossible, but 99/100 times we would not beat the Saints this year. 

Gotta hope for the Bears to surprise the Saints.

Im with you there. 

Archived