Hate Week Part 2 - Thanksgiving Falcon Roast GDT

Dome

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Hopefully he ate those wolves. No respect for people who kill animals for the sake of killing animals. 

I was curious so I looked it up; its his families hunting business thats in Alaska. It does look like they work with a butcher and taxidermist. But how much meat could you actually get? I would assume it is trophy hunting more than for food. 

Another thing, holy crap that is expensive. Once you add gratuity its like $10k/wolf and $20k/bear.

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I was curious so I looked it up; its his families hunting business thats in Alaska. It does look like they work with a butcher and taxidermist. But how much meat could you actually get? I would assume it is trophy hunting more than for food. 

Another thing, holy crap that is expensive. Once you add gratuity its like $10k/wolf and $20k/bear.

I’m guessing not a whole lot. I guess that people’s tolerance to hunting is on a continuum, from no tolerance to anything goes. 

44 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m guessing not a whole lot. I guess that people’s tolerance to hunting is on a continuum, from no tolerance to anything goes. 

To be fair, I have never hunted. As a carnivore, I dont really have anything against hunters; its just not been something ive ever put the time, effort and money into doing. Would I go on a trophy hunt one time? Probably. I would probably do most things one time in my life. But I dont know, never been presented the opportunity and I have an affinity for animals in general. 

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Who?

He is the greatest rookie defensive player to ever join the NFL. He will probably win league MVP. 

Although this isn't football related, hunting is often used as a way to control animal populations as much as it is about finding food.  This is due to a combination of wanting to make sure that populations stay within sustainable levels as well as for safety measures for both the animals and humans that have to share their environments.  A large deer population would be a danger to themselves as well as drivers.  A large wolf population might find themselves starving due to a lack of available food or become a danger to humans by wandering into towns looking for food.

Also in areas like Africa, they use very heavily regulated trophy hunting as a way to pay for the wildlife preserves so that they might be able to grow the endangered population and are careful in choosing which animals they allow to be hunted.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Although this isn't football related, hunting is often used as a way to control animal populations as much as it is about finding food.  This is due to a combination of wanting to make sure that populations stay within sustainable levels as well as for safety measures for both the animals and humans that have to share their environments.  A large deer population would be a danger to themselves as well as drivers.  A large wolf population might find themselves starving due to a lack of available food or become a danger to humans by wandering into towns looking for food.

Also in areas like Africa, they use very heavily regulated trophy hunting as a way to pay for the wildlife preserves so that they might be able to grow the endangered population and are careful in choosing which animals they allow to be hunted.

I think most use that as a convenient excuse to trophy hunt. If you’re going to hunt I think you need a better reason to “thin the herd”. Use the meat, use the fur...do something with the dead animal. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think most use that as a convenient excuse to trophy hunt. If you’re going to hunt I think you need a better reason to “clear the herd”. Use the meat, use the fur...do something with the dead animal. 

I agree that they should, I'm simply pointing out that there are numerous reasons why trophy hunting is not only allowed but also promoted.

My last post got removed by the moderator because I described my feelings about the wolf killer. (I didn't use "hunter" because I'm sure it was a canned, point and shoot type deal that a coward would do)

Either way, I hope both of these players in the photos get there "rear ends" handed to them in a humiliating fashion. <--- I hope that's kindergartner friendly enough for our "moderators". 

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

My last post got removed by the moderator because I described my feelings about the wolf killer. (I didn't use "hunter" because I'm sure it was a canned, point and shoot type deal that a coward would do)

Either way, I hope both of these players in the photos get there "rear ends" handed to them in a humiliating fashion. <--- I hope that's kindergartner friendly enough for our "moderators". 

Much better.

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

Booooo....

Sorry but even if your comments were censored, it's not allowed on the forums, you've been around long enough to know that.  You don't have to be as PC as your last comment, but you can't be as extreme as the original.  Try to find a better middle ground is all ok?

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think most use that as a convenient excuse to trophy hunt. If you’re going to hunt I think you need a better reason to “thin the herd”. Use the meat, use the fur...do something with the dead animal. 

Hunting for food I have exactly zero problem with.  Hunting for population control or predator control I have zero problem with(assuming it's not an excuse, and there really is a problem)

Hunting just for the sake of killing, I do have a problem with.

I know where I live, and I assume most other places, you can't just go kill whatever you want, whenever you want.  There are strict limits, and they are based on many things, including population control.  And if you get caught killing something you shouldn't, it's pretty serious consequences.  There are people that do that, but they're playing with fire, and their time will come.

Archived