2019 NFL Draft Early Declaration Thread

CWood21

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Don’t know about AB level but the kid is a gamer

It's awfully lofty to comp him to Brown, but I see the similarities as NFL prospects. They have similar builds and athletic makeups, they both play bigger than they are, they're both from the MAC conference, etc....

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Just paste the link - but paste it as plain text, not as a link. 

He's the one guy that I see it making sense moving on early, with or without a degree. Unfortunate, was hoping to see him stick around.

RB Miles Sanders declaring makes no sense to me, he has so much left to improve on the field and his draft stock.

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

How do you see the AAF playing into decisions of some of these guys?  Do you think they see that league as a fallback, or even a showcase for the NFL draft?

Showcase?  I assume any current college player going out for the draft just cannot join the AAF then get drafted afterwards.  But sure some might consider it a fallback and minor league for the NFL which is what it could become.  Regardless a ton of these underclassmen will not be drafted and yeah pretty sure the AAF does not pay even what practice squad players get paid in the NFL but not totally sure on that.  Would be a nice minor league system potentially instead of the Canadian football league and some of those crazy rules they have.

8 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Tyler Biadasz returning to Wisconsin.

Odd, he goes back to school and David Edwards comes out early who arguably played the worst of any of the top Wisconsin lineman this year I feel.   Sure he is a nice project and could be a 3rd -5th rounder but could have been a 1st rounder with a solid season next year and that is where Biadasz will be.    

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Showcase?  I assume any current college player going out for the draft just cannot join the AAF then get drafted afterwards.  But sure some might consider it a fallback and minor league for the NFL which is what it could become.  Regardless a ton of these underclassmen will not be drafted and yeah pretty sure the AAF does not pay even what practice squad players get paid in the NFL but not totally sure on that.  Would be a nice minor league system potentially instead of the Canadian football league and some of those crazy rules they have.

Odd, he goes back to school and David Edwards comes out early who arguably played the worst of any of the top Wisconsin lineman this year I feel.   Sure he is a nice project and could be a 3rd -5th rounder but could have been a 1st rounder with a solid season next year and that is where Biadasz will be.    

Edwards played the whole season hurt. If he's healthy he should have a real good combine and move into that late 1st/2nd round territory.

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Edwards played the whole season hurt. If he's healthy he should have a real good combine and move into that late 1st/2nd round territory.

The whole season?  I can see the end of the season year he played hurt and or did not play.  But cannot just say he played hurt that is why he sucked when he was out there.  At times he looked flat out bad I thought and not nearly as developed as he should have been.  Was a project OT as a RS SOPH with potential and did not see much growth in his game as a RS JR.  I feel coming out was a mistake, there are easily 6 or 7 OTs better than him.  Sure if he runs a 4.9 40 or something (which will not happen) at the combine and shows some great athletic ability he could sneak into the 1st but I doubt that.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Is that true though?  The AAF season ends before the NFL draft

Many top prospects are too afraid of injury to play in a bowl game, you think they will play in a AAF season instead which is many games combined?  I seriously doubt it, I assume it is an option for guys who are UDFA and go through the cracks or do not get picked up, sure might be for current practice squad guys in the NFL as well but will see how the rosters look...

Archived