2019 NFL Draft Early Declaration Thread

CWood21

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

If you're scouring through hundreds of players, honestly your best best is to look up their recruiting profile on 247sports or similar site and see what their high school class year was.  I see your point, as some schools list their playing eligibility, some schools list school year (which the term 'redshirt' doesn't apply), and some list both.

But for draft eligibility, it really doesn't matter if the player is a redshirt sophomore or junior.  They're still 3rd year players, and thus eligible for the draft.  

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/

This is what I will be using from here on out like I said, is the best roster source for accurate information on players especially for the up coming draft and future draft.  Has all RS information as well unlike ESPN.com and others. 

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Just don't take it as gospel.  I'm looking at the Penn State roster there and see three mistakes already.  All redshirt seniors listed as true seniors.

On ourlads?  Damnit!  I like it because they are all there and have that RS info it seems...  For the colleges individually it takes a lot longer doing one by one that way.

This is a great roster with everything clear and easy to read.

https://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Then this one which is harder to read and more zoomed in, cannot scan it as easily but at least has the info.  A lot of schools have this layout.

https://wsucougars.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Then this one where one has to click into each bio to see if they "just practiced" during that season and did not play in games and take it as a redshirt year.

https://und.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Anyway after the title game will be interesting to see how many Alabama and Clemson players come out as well.  One would think guys like Terrell Lewis and Trevon Diggs would come back since they were injured all or most of this year but who knows.  And Tanner Muse maybe he would come back and develop more but since he is a RS JR and already graduated maybe he will try to make it as a special teams guy.  

13 hours ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Iowa CB/Safety Amani Hooker declares for draft. Think he should come back for any other year to improve draft.position but will be a steal for someone in the middle rounds

Probably on his way to being another Micah hyde in the league

1 hour ago, DaCDiggity said:

Probably on his way to being another Micah hyde in the league

Agreed awesome player for Iowa. Late 2nd-Early 3rd round talent(in 2020) that will be great investment for a 4th-5th round pick. Surprised he jumped to be honest. Crazy good value for middle rounds. Excelled at Safety and also Star position(hybrid LB/DB) in Iowas defense.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Tyree Jackson declared.  Maybe trying to capitalize on Lamar Jackson's ascent.

I think he'll be one of those guys that nobody has been talking too much about lately, but rises really high during the process.

45 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Tyree Jackson should have definitely played another year as a grad transfer. 

True but possibly the kid was like ok I graduated and I do not want a graduate degree.  But I do agree he should have came back and played another year, he is basically like a more productive and taller version of Cardale Jones.  Cannon arm but is a little suspect with the shorter stuff and fundamentals, is a project development QB at the next level all the way but a lot of teams want that.  Will be a mid round pick for sure and does have tons of upside so anywhere in the 3rd to 5th round in within reason for him.  

Archived