Will Aaron Rodgers throw 400 TD before 100 INT

beekay414

1 hour ago, ztoa said:

he couldn't thread the needle when he was running, That, is my point.

Beat it.

or his WRs never have to break stride or come back for the ball and fight a defender for it because the passes are accurate.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/805484941572120577?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnfl%2Fnews%2Fwatch-randall-cobb-scores-a-td-and-then-celebrates-by-making-a-snow-angel%2F

Defender is right on the WR but has 0 chance at it because placement is perfect.

53 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

or his WRs never have to break stride or come back for the ball and fight a defender for it because the passes are accurate.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/805484941572120577?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnfl%2Fnews%2Fwatch-randall-cobb-scores-a-td-and-then-celebrates-by-making-a-snow-angel%2F

Defender is right on the WR but has 0 chance at it because placement is perfect.

Watch replay at 0:40.

This is a great throw, but not tight coverage, because the position defender was at made it almost impossible to intercept.(he might knock the ball down though)

QB love such situation that he can throw the ball to the side that is safe (there are 4 sides), like Chris Hogan turned 180 degree to catch the ball from Brady.

For same reason, QB almost never underthrow in deep balls,  rather overthrow, so there is no chance of being intercepted.  Overthrow is safe most of time, because no defenders are between his WR and end zone.

Such throws are in general :

One, the throw didn't have to be at exact spot (a little bit to right would be fine)

Two, the throw didn't have to be at exact time (a little bit later or earlier would be fine).

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah, let's not give Rodgers any credit for his footwork and his ability to manipulate the defense at all. It's all the O-line.

1) Stay in the pocket, don't move and count to 4! If his receivers aren't open, then it throw it away. Even if he has space to slide out for a better trajectory. Throw it away!

I said :

He is obviously the best at throwing while running.

There are some reasons "If his receivers aren't open". are you sure they were WR's mistakes? 

I don't know what is so hard to understand :

Rodgers' plays don't depend on pre-snap reading, they depend on his ability of scrambling within the pockets or out of pockets to prolong the plays that gives his WR times to get separations.

On one side, it is his talent; on the other side, such plays are impossible if his line is penetrated within 4 or 5 seconds. 

and pass rushers are usually slow.

How many defense can prevent WR from getting separations after 4 or 5 seconds? very few, so Rodgers has a habit of holding the balls and he doesn't have to force the balls. Throwing away the balls or being sacked? so what? next play he can try throwing 15 yds.  

The same logic for deep balls : with TWO great WR, a QB can afford throwing the balls three consecutive times, he just has to complete one of them, and that one of them will be taken out and highlighted :D.

Just now, ztoa said:

I am listening.

You're obviously arguing from a certain POV where you already have an opinion and then found the evidence for it after. I figured you were maybe an annoyed division fan. But it appears you are a Brady one.

I don't really see any reason to argue with you tbh. You want to discount his stats because that's where Brady loses... Pretty much the only time he does in the arguments these days. So you came up with you wild theory that he only makes throws with no risk like it's a bad thing... As if he's not scoring at record rates too.

If you can't see that, you wont ever

8 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You're obviously arguing from a certain POV where you already have an opinion and then found the evidence for it after. I figured you were maybe an annoyed division fan. But it appears you are a Brady one.

I don't really see any reason to argue with you tbh. You want to discount his stats because that's where Brady loses... Pretty much the only time he does in the arguments these days. So you came up with you wild theory that he only makes throws with no risk like it's a bad thing... As if he's not scoring at record rates too.

You don't have to argue with me, all you have to do is to try to find out what your favorite QB does wrong, rather than what he does good.

That is why I think 2007 was one of the worst seasons for Brady, because the way he played in regular seasons inevitably led to failure in playoff against good pass rush. Don't you see that Pats D get worse and worse from 2007 to 2013?

BTW, Brady's stats was not bad at all since 2009, very comparable to Rodgers.

12 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Just wanna make sure it is known the Brady fan nation disavows his POV in this thread.

8 minutes ago, ztoa said:

You don't have to argue with me, all you have to do is to try to find out what your favorite QB does wrong, rather than what he does good.

That is why I think 2007 was one of the worst seasons for Brady, because the way he played in regular seasons inevitably led to failure in playoff against good pass rush. Don't you see that Pats D get worse and worse from 2007 to 2013?

BTW, Brady's stats was not bad at all since 2009, very comparable to Rodgers.

I ***** about Rodgers more than 99% of packer fans. It doesn't mean what you're saying makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Just wanna make sure it is known the Brady fan nation disavows his POV in this thread.

Cool. That is fine with me.

When I said Daunte Culpepper was Dumb Culpepper, I got same treatment. 

Wait when Rodgers can't scramble anymore, you will see.

BTW, his line said "they hold to infinity", in case you missed it.

Archived