GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have no stats to back this up but could we be running the shotgun more the last couple of weeks? I remember we ran under center at least a few times a game earlier in the season. Now it looks like we’re exclusively in the gun. I’m guessing Ben’s legs are bothering him. Maybe that’s another factor in Connor’s last couple of stinkers. 

Ben has run a few times so maybe not. Just spitballing.

It’s been a trend the last couple years anyway. 78% snaps in shotgun this year, but 71% last year and 66% in 2016. 

We have gone shotgun more since the broken finger - 83% of the time since week 9, but that wasn’t a drastic shift as we were at 75% through week 8. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

What has Washington done to deserve those snaps other than being a 2nd round pick?  Ask yourself that.

I know, already looks like a bad pick.  There is a lack of patience with him, yet way too much patience for burns.  If our starters do play good enough, this shouldn't matter unless injuries occur 

Just now, 3rivers said:

I know, already looks like a bad pick.  There is a lack of patience with him, yet way too much patience for burns.  If our starters do play good enough, this shouldn't matter unless injuries occur 

This isn't a lack of patience.  Burns played well his rookie year, showing he has the ability to play.  Washington has done jack so far on the field.  Not that there isn't patience but he literally has not earned the right to work with lumps yet.

53 minutes ago, warfelg said:

What has Washington done to deserve those snaps other than being a 2nd round pick?  Ask yourself that.

To be fair, he did have a pretty good camp and by all accounts has been good in practices. 

We see very little of the entire picture for why he gets playing time, but yes - being a valuable asset does play a part. 

Archived