NFC Playoff Contenders

WindyCity

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Can't blame what? That defense laid an egg, the biggest choke job in history lol!!!  Can someone say overrated?

You're Packers fan.....what would you know about defense? The Vikes defense gave up the same amount of points as your defense did just 2 weeks ago.

But, you would, however, know about defenses "laying an egg" though.

larry-fitzgerald-game-winning-td-against

The Vikes defense is far from overrated. They were the 2nd best overall defense last season and were #1 to finish out the year, despite playing a much tougher offensive schedule than the Jags did. They then followed it up with finishing 4th this year overall and 3rd to close out the season despite the injuries (missing Griffen, losing Sendajo(sp?), Joseph not 100% all year, )

In all seriousness though, saying their defense "laid an egg" in this last game only shows that either you did not watch the game or you're just simply upset and lashing out because the Vikes finished with a better record than your beloved Packers did, despite having Rodgers behind center all year and the excuses for yearly failure have ran dry.

Their defense was not the reason they lost that game.....the offense was. Our defense dominated them in all facets;  they dominated the OL upfront at the LOS keeping Cousins under pressure and uncomfortable in the pocket, our linebackers clogged the seams and contained shallow routes while our secondary played physical tight coverage and not allowing anything behind them. It's as simple as that. This went on all game which led to numerous 3 and outs, including the first 4 or 5 consecutive drives to start the game.

Cousins simply had noone to throw to, and no where to run when trying to extend plays and expand the pocket-- much like every other QB the Bears defense have played against this season. 

23 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You're Packers fan.....what would you know about defense? The Vikes defense gave up the same amount of points as your defense did just 2 weeks ago.

But, you would, however, know about defenses "laying an egg" though.

larry-fitzgerald-game-winning-td-against

The Vikes defense is far from overrated. They were the 2nd best overall defense last season and were #1 to finish out the year, despite playing a much tougher offensive schedule than the Jags did. They then followed it up with finishing 4th this year overall and 3rd to close out the season despite the injuries (missing Griffen, losing Sendajo(sp?), Joseph not 100% all year, )

In all seriousness though, saying their defense "laid an egg" in this last game only shows that either you did not watch the game or you're just simply upset and lashing out because the Vikes finished with a better record than your beloved Packers did, despite having Rodgers behind center all year and the excuses for yearly failure have ran dry.

Their defense was not the reason they lost that game.....the offense was. Our defense dominated them in all facets;  they dominated the OL upfront at the LOS keeping Cousins under pressure and uncomfortable in the pocket, our linebackers clogged the seams and contained shallow routes while our secondary played physical tight coverage and not allowing anything behind them. It's as simple as that. This went on all game which led to numerous 3 and outs, including the first 4 or 5 consecutive drives to start the game.

Cousins simply had noone to throw to, and no where to run when trying to extend plays and expand the pocket-- much like every other QB the Bears defense have played against this season. 

First of all I'm far from upset, we don't say this in GB but the Packers are rebuilding. We need to tank a few years and get those premium picks our NFC north brothers have been enjoying for the past decade or so. That's what got both of you back to the top. The Packers have had only 2 top 10 picks in the last 15 years 06 and 09. Once in tha Favre era once in the Rodgers era. The last time we had a top ten pick we won a SB. We got Raji and Matthews in the first round in 09, ten years later we have two 1st rounders hopefully we have the same results ten years later. You don't find difference makers picking late in every draft, look at Mins last draft since they've been picking late their draft classes don't look as good as they used to.

If Rodgers had a top 5 defense he's hoisting Lombardi trophies. He had a top 5 defense in 2010 and he got a ring. Rodgers hasn't had a top 10 defense since. He like the Colts Peyton Manning was taking teams to the playoffs year after year despite having a terrible defense. That's why Rodgers has only one ring, because of defensive collapses in the playoffs. That's what happens when you have defenses ranked in the 20s and 30s. Hopefully we get that finally fixed this offseason.

Min is a different story. They had a top 5 defense playing against a 2nd year QB in a new system on the road with his two best receivers out and they still couldn't stop them from scoring TDs. The Bears should've been kicking FGs instead. Plus the Bears had nothing to play for in  the 2nd half, pulled their starters and tried to give the Vikings the game and they still choked against backups having everything to play for. That was a pitiful performance no excuses. Plus I love to troll auntie Buck because he's the biggest Packer troll on this site. Auntie Buck needs to set up a go fund me account to keep Cousins in Min for the next ten years LOL!!!

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I hope the Packers tank for a couple more years.

That way the Aaron Rodgers decline will be complete and they can enter with wilderness of non-HOF QB play.

Then we can see an entire fan base/ownership group, lose their minds.

HOF QB play doesn't guarantee anything, to be honest I'll take a Nick Foles and a strong roster over a highly paid QB eating up half the cap space hand cuffing the team from making big moves In FA.

11 hours ago, St Vince said:

Can't blame him for what? That defense laid an egg, the biggest choke job in history lol!!!  Can someone say overrated?

Can't blame him for what?

I can't blame him for picking his own team.  Turns out he was right.

The biggest choke job in history lol!!!!

Well, maybe the biggest choke job since the 2015  NFCCG.  Can that one EVER be topped?  I doubt it.  It's the gift that just keeps on giving for Bears & Vikings fans!

Can someone say overrated?

Which NFC North team has a Top 10 draft pick?  :D  
Which NFC North team has a Top 5 draft pick? 
Which NFC North team just got SHUT OUT (31-0) AT HOME while playing a team with a Top 5 draft pick?
Which NFC North team just got SWEPT for the second year in a row by the same team?
Yeah, I can say OVERRATED!!!!     :D:D:D:D:D

If Rodgers had a Top 5 defense he's hoisting Lombardi trophies.

Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco all hoisted Lombardi trophies with the aid of a Top 5 defense. 
Eli Manning hoisted not just one but TWO Lombardi trophies WITHOUT the aid of a Top 5 defense.
If your quarterback needs to ride the coattails of a Top 5 defense to win a Lombardi, is he really any good?
If your quarterback is the highest paid player in the history of the league but needs a Top 5 defense to win, you can probably sum him up with one word:

OVERRATED!!!!!!!!  
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love to troll auntie Buck

Keep practicing.  I'll be here.

33 minutes ago, St Vince said:

HOF QB play doesn't guarantee anything, to be honest I'll take a Nick Foles and a strong roster over a highly paid QB eating up half the cap space hand cuffing the team from making big moves In FA.

It’s not that Rodgers deal is preventing them from signing FA’s, it’s that the ones they sign are now past their prime (Peppers), completely nuts (Bennett) or they’re absolutely terrible (Graham). It doesn’t help that no one wants to play in that ****hole of a state.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Can't blame him for what?

I can't blame him for picking his own team.  Turns out he was right.

The biggest choke job in history lol!!!!

Well, maybe the biggest choke job since the 2015  NFCCG.  Can that one EVER be topped?  I doubt it.  It's the gift that just keeps on giving for Bears & Vikings fans!

Can someone say overrated?

Which NFC North team has a Top 10 draft pick?  :D  
Which NFC North team has a Top 5 draft pick? 
Which NFC North team just got SHUT OUT (31-0) AT HOME while playing a team with a Top 5 draft pick?
Which NFC North team just got SWEPT for the second year in a row by the same team?
Yeah, I can say OVERRATED!!!!     :D:D:D:D:D

If Rodgers had a Top 5 defense he's hoisting Lombardi trophies.

Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco all hoisted Lombardi trophies with the aid of a Top 5 defense. 
Eli Manning hoisted not just one but TWO Lombardi trophies WITHOUT the aid of a Top 5 defense.
If your quarterback needs to ride the coattails of a Top 5 defense to win a Lombardi, is he really any good?
If your quarterback is the highest paid player in the history of the league but needs a Top 5 defense to win, you can probably sum him up with one word:

OVERRATED!!!!!!!!  
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love to troll auntie Buck

Keep practicing.  I'll be here.

Little Bucky if you're gonna troll a fanbase at least win something first. Start by winning a home playoff game first LOL. You haven't sniff a Super Bowl title since the Bud Grant era. Maybe you guys need to pull him out of the nursing home and put him back on the sideline with his walker and wheelchair. 

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Little Bucky if you're gonna troll a fanbase at least win something first. Start by winning a home playoff game first LOL. You haven't sniff a Super Bowl title since the Bud Grant era. Maybe you guys need to pull him out of the nursing home and put him back on the sideline with his walker and wheelchair. 

I guess you do know a thing or two about gimpy quarterbacks.

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

With what proof?

Well our former GM avoided FA like the plague. I'm at work so I'm not gonna name every name but he did bring in some FA early in his tenure, the biggest  HOF Charles Woodson. We got another HOF player in the 90s named Reggie White who turned down other bigger markets to sign here and we have an HOF TE in Jimmy Graham who turned down the Saints to play for the Packers. Yes he had a bad year but next year will be better if we bring him back and we also signed Muhammad Wilkerson who was a top DT. The Packers will be more active in FA under this new GM.  We have more cap space this year and you will see good players signed by GB in FA. Guys will come here if the price is right. But I will admit Chicago is a more attractive place to play for obvious reasons.

56 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Well our former GM avoided FA like the plague. I'm at work so I'm not gonna name every name but he did bring in some FA early in in tenure the biggest  HOF Charles Woodson. We got another HOF player in the 90s named Reggie White who turned down other bigger markets to sign here and we have an HOF TE in Jimmy Graham who turned down the Saints to play for the Packers. Yes he had a bad year but next year will be better if we bring him back and we also signed Muhammad Wilkerson who was a top DT. The Packers will be more active in FA under this new GM.  We have more cap space this year and you will see good players signed by GB in FA. Guys will come here if the price is right. But I will admit Chicago is a more attractive place to play for obvious reasons.

You just named two guys worth a damn in the last 28 years. Wilkerson was going there to prove he still has it and he would leverage it to sign a longer deal elsewhere. Graham isn't even worth any of our time.

Archived