Around the League Week 14: KC cuts RB Hunt

textaz03

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Players>Coaching/QB (tied)

You have to have the talent (Which Chaz Green should have shown you)

You have to have the right coaching (which Callahan should have shown you)

You have to have a QB that knows how to use the pocket and when to rip it (self explanatory)

I disagree. You really think Peyton Manning and Tom Brady always have/had the best OL in the league? Because they would have to, if what you believe is true. Meanwhile I'm thinking about the Packers O over the years... off the top of my head... Josh Sitton, David Bakhtiari, TJ Lang, Bryan Bulaga....

No sir, the QB controls the rush way more than you think.

Oh, and Aaron Rodgers is a good QB. But he takes a lot of sacks despite having better OL than Brady/Manning year in and year out. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You really think Peyton Manning and Tom Brady always have/had the best OL in the league?

I dont think you listing arguably the two greatest QBs in NFL history has any merit when considering what the rest of the NFL needs to do. We dont have Brady or Manning.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Dak has more impact/control on the number of sacks he takes... far more than Columbo or Alexander ever did.

You want to bash Dak. Shocking.

I want to say everyone has a job. Shocking. 

No person in the entire world will agree with you that OL coaches have minimal impact on the OL. You are going to have to man that island all alone. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I dont think you listing arguably the two greatest QBs in NFL history has any merit when considering what the rest of the NFL needs to do. We dont have Brady or Manning.

Aw you're just going roll over? 

Lol okay my point works better when I don't use an all time great, but just a QB that doesn't get sacked much regardless of his OL like say Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie, ELI MANNING, Steve Bono, Kirk Cousins etc...

I guess all of them have the greatest OL year in and year out?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You want to bash Dak. Shocking.

You are struggling.  You realize me saying Dak has control over when he gets sacked isn't bashing him? You also realize I've been using Aaron Rodgers as my example of a QB that takes a lot of sacks? Not Dak?

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Aw you're just going roll over? 

Lol okay my point works better when I don't use an all time great, but just a QB that doesn't get sacked much regardless of his OL like say Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie, ELI MANNING, Steve Bono, Kirk Cousins etc...

I guess all of them have the greatest OL year in and year out?

Im just not interested in debating someone who goes into the debate completely blind to facts and hellbent on twisting any debate into a bash Dak attempt.

BTW - Arent you supposed to be STFUing?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Im just not interested in debating someone who goes into the debate completely blind to facts and hellbent on twisting any debate into a bash Dak attempt.

BTW - Arent you supposed to be STFUing?

If you don't understand how the QB controls the pass rush you aren't knowledgeable enough to debate anyway. Good riddance 

Just now, DaBoys said:

You are struggling.  You realize me saying Dak has control over when he gets sacked isn't bashing him? You also realize I've been using Aaron Rodgers as my example of a QB that takes a lot of sacks? Not Dak?

I can PM you the link to the first 38 sacks Dak took. The vast majority were not on him. 

I offered to buy the All 22 if you would educate yourself on what actually happens. You didnt respond.

Just now, DaBoys said:

If you don't understand how the QB controls the pass rush you aren't knowledgeable enough to debate anyway. Good riddance 

Did I not list it as tied for the second most important piece? Did you not read that?

It's like when a backup QB is in the game and the OL goes to the toilet, and then the starter comes back and all of a sudden the OL stops giving up so many sacks?

HOLY MAGIC! It's crazy how the OL and OL coach just get so much better and worse that quick.

"Sacks are a quarterback stat. When you hear announcers talking about sacks, though, it is often in the context of the offensive line. The quality of blocking, the defense, and the passing scheme can all play a factor. But sacks are very much a quarterback stat, moreso than other stats frequently cited when talking about a quarterback.

Here, for example is an article talking about the Colts’ improvement on the offensive line, and one of the things cited is the vastly improved sack rate. It goes through each of the personnel changes on the line, and also talks about the backs and tight ends and even wide receiver Ryan Grant being graded as the #1 receiver at blocking. It doesn’t, though, credit the top reason the Colts went from a sack rate of over 10% to 3.4% this year: Andrew Luck returning in place of Jacoby Brissett. This isn’t to say that other players haven’t also made a difference, it’s just that Andrew Luck and his career 5.3% sack rate is the biggest one."

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It's like when a backup QB is in the game and the OL goes to the toilet, and then the starter comes back and all of sudden the OL stops giving up so many sacks?

HOLY MAGIC! It's crazy how the OL and OL coach just get so much better and worse that quick.

"Sacks are a quarterback stat. When you hear announcers talking about sacks, though, it is often in the context of the offensive line. The quality of blocking, the defense, and the passing scheme can all play a factor. But sacks are very much a quarterback stat, moreso than other stats frequently cited when talking about a quarterback.

Here, for example is an article talking about the Colts’ improvement on the offensive line, and one of the things cited is the vastly improved sack rate. It goes through each of the personnel changes on the line, and also talks about the backs and tight ends and even wide receiver Ryan Grant being graded as the #1 receiver at blocking. It doesn’t, though, credit the top reason the Colts went from a sack rate of over 10% to 3.4% this year: Andrew Luck returning in place of Jacoby Brissett. This isn’t to say that other players haven’t also made a difference, it’s just that Andrew Luck and his career 5.3% sack rate is the biggest one."

Cool.

25 in 16 games

32 in 16 games (with the 8 sack Chaz Green game)

45 sacks in 12 games and fired the OL Coach

big-bird-sesame-street-one-of-these-thin

Archived