My First ever Mock Offseason

BayBubbPackFan

I have been reading this Packers board for ten years. I joined a year ago and this is my first post and now Mock Offseason.

Remainder of Season: The packers finish the season 6-9-1. Winning 2 out of 3 of their remaining home games. A hard way to end the season, losing the final three games; at Chicago, at New York, and home against Detroit.

Coaching Change: Mike McCarthy is fired. He was a good coach but his message the last few years grew stale, unable to make offensive adjustments (a big factor in our 2018 limited offense), and I feel he lost his connection with AR.

So the Packers hire: Peter Carmichael, the Saint's offensive coordinator. Been in that position since 2009. We all know what that offense has been able to do (I know Payton calls the plays though). He brings an innovative offense and is able to challenge AR like he hasn't been in years. Which re-energizes AR like we haven't seen!

Pettine and the defensive staff remains intact.

Team Changes-

Cuts/Unsigned: 

Randall Cobb: Another injured season, loss of speed and agility.

Mercedes Lewis: Never used properly.

Muhammad Wilkerson: Replace with a draft pick.

Jake Ryan: We have Martinez and Burks

Byron Bell: played well in spurts, replaced with draft pick and Cole Madison return.

Davon House: We have plenty of young talent.

Resigned:

Clay Matthews: 2yrs for total of $12.5mil. Brought back as a rotational player. 

Lance Kendricks: 1yr for $1.5mil. Depth.

Bashaud Breeland: 1yr for $1.5 mil. Depth/prove it deal.

Ibraham Campbell: 1yr for $1mil. Depth and knows the system.

All RFA and ERFA are resigned.

All Practice Squad members resigned.

Restructures:

Bryan Bulaga: knows now his injury history has caught up to him. He agrees to a contract restructure, adding a year to his deal. Saving the Packers $2.5mil this year.

Nick Perry: Feels the heat of that Post July cut. Agrees to a pay cut. Saving the Packers $4mil this season and $3mil next year.

Free Agency-

Jadeveon Clowney: 5yr for $85mil. This is our big fish and we just unleash him.

Cameron Wake: 1yr for $5mil. Experience to teach younger players and good rotation.

Of course there may be one or two lower FA to bring in depending on other moves.

The Draft:

1(A): Josh Allen OLB, Kentucky. 

1(B): Cody Ford OG , Oklahoma

2: Marquise Brown WR, Oklahoma 

3: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S, Florida

4(A): Alize Mack TE, Notre Dame

4(B): Jaylon Ferguson DE/OLB, Louisiana Tech

5: Mitch Hyatt OT, Clemson

6: Corbin Kaufusi, DE, BYU

7: Rodney Anderson RB, Oklahoma 

2019 Green Bay Packers Roster:

QB: Rodgers, Kiser

RB: Jones, William's, Anderson

WR: Adams, MVS, St. Brown, Brown, Allison, Moore

TE: Graham, Kendricks, Mack, Tonyan

OT: Bak, Bulaga, Spriggs, Hyatt

OG: Taylor, Ford, Madison, McCray, Patrick

C: Linsley

DE: Wake, Lowry, Adams, Kaufusi

DT: Daniels, Clark, Lancaster

ILB: Martinez, Burks

OLB: Clowney, Matthews, Perry, Fackrell, Allen, Ferguson

CB: Alexander, King, Jackson, Breeland, Brown

S: Williams, Gardner-Johnson, Jones, Brice, Campbell, Greene

19 minutes ago, BayBubbPackFan said:

I have been reading this Packers board for ten years. I joined a year ago and this is my first post and now Mock Offseason.

Remainder of Season: The packers finish the season 6-9-1. Winning 2 out of 3 of their remaining home games. A hard way to end the season, losing the final three games; at Chicago, at New York, and home against Detroit.

Coaching Change: Mike McCarthy is fired. He was a good coach but his message the last few years grew stale, unable to make offensive adjustments (a big factor in our 2018 limited offense), and I feel he lost his connection with AR.

So the Packers hire: Peter Carmichael, the Saint's offensive coordinator. Been in that position since 2009. We all know what that offense has been able to do (I know Payton calls the plays though). He brings an innovative offense and is able to challenge AR like he hasn't been in years. Which re-energizes AR like we haven't seen!

Pettine and the defensive staff remains intact.

Team Changes-

Cuts/Unsigned: 

Randall Cobb: Another injured season, loss of speed and agility.

Mercedes Lewis: Never used properly.

Muhammad Wilkerson: Replace with a draft pick.

Jake Ryan: We have Martinez and Burks

Byron Bell: played well in spurts, replaced with draft pick and Cole Madison return.

Davon House: We have plenty of young talent.

Resigned:

Clay Matthews: 2yrs for total of $12.5mil. Brought back as a rotational player. 

Lance Kendricks: 1yr for $1.5mil. Depth.

Bashaud Breeland: 1yr for $1.5 mil. Depth/prove it deal.

Ibraham Campbell: 1yr for $1mil. Depth and knows the system.

All RFA and ERFA are resigned.

All Practice Squad members resigned.

Restructures:

Bryan Bulaga: knows now his injury history has caught up to him. He agrees to a contract restructure, adding a year to his deal. Saving the Packers $2.5mil this year.

Nick Perry: Feels the heat of that Post July cut. Agrees to a pay cut. Saving the Packers $4mil this season and $3mil next year.

Free Agency-

Jadeveon Clowney: 5yr for $85mil. This is our big fish and we just unleash him.

Cameron Wake: 1yr for $5mil. Experience to teach younger players and good rotation.

Of course there may be one or two lower FA to bring in depending on other moves.

The Draft:

1(A): Josh Allen OLB, Kentucky. 

1(B): Cody Ford OG , Oklahoma

2: Marquise Brown WR, Oklahoma 

3: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S, Florida

4(A): Alize Mack TE, Notre Dame

4(B): Jaylon Ferguson DE/OLB, Louisiana Tech

5: Mitch Hyatt OT, Clemson

6: Corbin Kaufusi, DE, BYU

7: Rodney Anderson RB, Oklahoma 

2019 Green Bay Packers Roster:

QB: Rodgers, Kiser

RB: Jones, William's, Anderson

WR: Adams, MVS, St. Brown, Brown, Allison, Moore

TE: Graham, Kendricks, Mack, Tonyan

OT: Bak, Bulaga, Spriggs, Hyatt

OG: Taylor, Ford, Madison, McCray, Patrick

C: Linsley

DE: Wake, Lowry, Adams, Kaufusi

DT: Daniels, Clark, Lancaster

ILB: Martinez, Burks

OLB: Clowney, Matthews, Perry, Fackrell, Allen, Ferguson

CB: Alexander, King, Jackson, Breeland, Brown

S: Williams, Gardner-Johnson, Jones, Brice, Campbell, Greene

Clowney for 17 million is laughable. He's going to sign for 24 in all likelihood.

Why do people keep drafting Guards in the first round?

That DL needs another stud bad.

A 3rd round rookie and scrubs at safety?

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clowney for 17 million is laughable. He's going to sign for 24 in all likelihood.

Why do people keep drafting Guards in the first round?

That DL needs another stud bad.

A 3rd round rookie and scrubs at safety?

Not sure he's going to get 24 million a year, but it's going to be more than 17 for sure. Not fond of the guard selection either. I also don't understand why you would bring back Matthews. Gilbert is clearly playing better football IMO. 

Clowney may go for more, but I was considering an injury history and the surrounding talent on defense.

I believe we need a long term answer at OG. No more stop gaps. Look at the Colts OL after Quinten Nelson. He elevated the rest of the line. I know the OG talent this year isn't on his level, but at the end of the 1st Round, it is worth conserdering.

11 minutes ago, BayBubbPackFan said:

Clowney may go for more, but I was considering an injury history and the surrounding talent on defense.

I believe we need a long term answer at OG. No more stop gaps. Look at the Colts OL after Quinten Nelson. He elevated the rest of the line. I know the OG talent this year isn't on his level, but at the end of the 1st Round, it is worth conserdering.

Nelson is only a small part of why that unit is much improved. Changes at coach, QB, and how many starters? 3? 4?

Archived