16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Can GB go ahead and announce now that Zook won't be back?  Throw the fans a bone while waiting for the new HC hire.

They can announce whoever they want won't be back. I would assume they would let the new coach bring in his assistants. 

45 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I would definitely bring him back if he was interested. After the departure of many of our front office personnel I think McKenzie would be a good addition for the organization.  

Reggie McKenzie will be in consideration for GM jobs in my opinion. I’d like to have him back but don’t see why he would not exhaust GM roles first.

I hope whoever we get sits down with Rodgers before accepting the job and makes sure he's OK with being coached hard. Rodgers has to get his fundamentals down and get back to taking what the defense gives him. Get rid of the damned ball. He's going to need someone who isn't intimidated by the 'mystique' of Aaron Rodgers! 

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

If they can’t get Pat Fitzgerald I’m kind of on board for Brian Flores.

hasnt been in New England enough to be a robot and by all accounts players will run thru a brick wall for him.

He could be McDaniels DC here, sure. New England west.

Bring baby Belichick to coach LBs too.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He could be McDaniels DC here, sure. New England west.

Bring baby Belichick to coach LBs too.

Flores would be the HC and the QB coach or WR coach would be the likely OC.

From early reports. It’s whatever coach that is tabbed to be the next OC for the Pats if Daniels leaves. So if they get Flores they won’t get Daniels. They get the other guy.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Huh? Hasn’t Flores spent his hole career in New England?

Yea I wasn’t quite following that line either to be honest. I’m also just weary of anybody some off the Belichick tree on the defensive side. To me that’s still his show other just help facilitate it.

That said, that’s kind of my concern with a lot of the big HCs. E.g, I’m wary of Peter Carmichael because I’m not sure how much credit he gets vs Payton, or DCs under Pete Carroll

Archived