Week 14 GDT: Time to get bucked by the Broncos!

N4L

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

So I'm assuming the next tie breaker is head-to-head, is that correct?

Incorrect. H2H is not a factor whatsoever. IF things stay the same, we end up flipping a coin. 

Tie breaker - SOS

Tie breaker 2 - Division record against common opponents (h2h doesn't matter). We would both be 0-4 against the Rams / Seahawks

Tie breaker 3 - Conference record against common opponents. Tied there. We have the win against Detroit, they against the Packers. 

Tie Breaker 4 - coin flip 

Just looked up the tiebreaker rules for the draft and I'm still a little confused.  lol

• Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team\'s opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice.
  • The next tie breaker would be record against conference opponents and then divisional opponents.
  • Coin flip will occur if tie still exists

Just now, Ataal said:

Just looked up the tiebreaker rules for the draft and I'm still a little confused.  lol

• Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team\'s opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice.
  • The next tie breaker would be record against conference opponents and then divisional opponents.
  • Coin flip will occur if tie still exists

See my post right above yours :)

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/rules/

Looks like the next tiebreaker is conference record and then division record. Looks like since two of our three wins are outside of our conference, that sets us up pretty well. Oakland has two of their wins in their conference and a 'stronger' SOS. Arizona beat us twice and GB which is in the same conference as well. 

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/rules/

Looks like the next tiebreaker is conference record and then division record. Looks like since two of our three wins are outside of our conference, that sets us up pretty well. Oakland has two of their wins in their conference and a 'stronger' SOS. Arizona beat us twice and GB which is in the same conference as well. 

It doesn't...it's only applied to common opponents. Out of the common opponents, the cards and us both have 0 wins within the division, and 1 win in the conference. It doesn't break the tie. The tie breakers wouldn't apply to the raiders as they are not in the same division, or conference. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are tied basically. Right now it would be determined by a coinflip between us and the Cards. 

From what I read it was conference record then division record. They have 3 wins in the NFC plus 2 in our division (us both times). We have 1 conference win and 0 in our division. I would think if SOS is equal we would have the weaker team based off of those tiebreakers. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

From what I read it was conference record then division record. They have 3 wins in the NFC plus 2 in our division (us both times). We have 1 conference win and 0 in our division. I would think if SOS is equal we would have the weaker team based off of those tiebreakers. 

It's common opponents. So far as I Know, head to head doesn't count (as we can't play ourselves). So they have 1 in the conference, we have 1 in the conference. 

Just now, Forge said:

It's common opponents. So far as I Know, head to head doesn't count (as we can't play ourselves). So they have 1 in the conference, we have 1 in the conference. 

Interesting. You are probably correct, I was just basing my statement off of that link I posted, which didn't mention anything about 'common opponents' from what I saw. Lynch is 1 for 1 on coin flips though. Bring it on bird. 

From NFL Ops:

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, their records against common opponents in their division or conference are applied, if applicable. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.

Archived