Bold Predictions For The Next Few Years

Thaiphoon

Okay, since I tend to do short and long term predictions (remember the one about the sellout ending and blackouts [*] happening?) and I enjoy taking the slings and arrows for those predictions, I wanted to post something that I THINK could happen in the next two years regarding the Players and the Front Office/Coaches. Note that I'm not talking about specific draft picks or anything like that. Just talking about players currently on the roster.

Players

1. Trent Williams calls it a career after the 2020 season.
  2. Jordan Reed restructures his deal or is no longer a Redskin in 2020. He will be either cut or traded if he doesn't renegotiate.
  3. PRich plays his way off the roster by the end of the 2020 season
  4. Scherff gets extended before the 2019 season
  5. Cam Sims becomes a full time starter in 2020 and makes the Pro Bowl in 2021
  6. Simmie Cobbs comes on and establishes himself as one of the 4 WRs
  7. Alex Smith retires after the 2020 season
  8. Mason Foster gets cut in training camp before 2020 season
  9. Ha Ha gets let go after this season
  10. Doctson does not have his rookie contract renewed. Becomes FA
  11. Kerrigan gets restructured or he is gone after 2021 (when contract ends)
  12. Norman same as Kerrigan
  13. Colt McCoy is signed on for 3 more years after this season
  14. CThompson is not re-signed when his contract ends in 2020
  15. Preston Smith is allowed to go FA and signs elsewhere in 2019
  16. Michael Floyd is re-signed to a vet minimum 2 year deal in 2019
  17. Ty Nsehke is signed to a 2 year deal (actually 1 year but 2 for cap purposes) in 2019 
  18. MVP is signed to a 2 year deal in 2019
  19. We get our QBOTF in the 2021 draft
  20. I have more but am stopping for now to feed the baby. Plus I want to get to my F.O. predictions

Front Office/Coaches

1. Jay survives this year and next. So he coaches until the end of the 2020 season. But is fired because he continues to suck.
  2. Bruce, on the other hand is OUT as GM (at least on player personnel side) by the end of the 2019 season. Danny gets smart and replaces the GM a year before the coach gets replaced so that the GM can pick the coach. That coach will then get the QBOTF in 2021 draft (see #19 above).
  3. Bruce is replaced by Kyle Smith as GM/President of Football Operations ^^^
  4. Doug Williams gets a symbolic promotion but they still continue to disrespect him
  5. Danny actually does something about the culture of poor player conditioning and steals away some S&C coaches from other teams who always seem to do better.
  6. The team announces by the end of the 2020 season, that they will be moving to a new stadium in NoVa (much to my chagrin) once the deal runs out at Fed Ex
  7. I have more but again...need to feed the baby.

[*] If the NFL had kept the blackout rules in effect when I posted the prediction the Redskins local games would've been blacked out by now.

Ok...what are yours? Looking for serious but maybe a bit out there predictions like I did above. Nothing like "Josh Norman gets attacked by a pack of teddy bears" (although that would be cool to report, huh?).

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

If we wait until 2021 to get our QBOTY I’m going to be moving on to another team.

I hear ya. But under my scenario, it doesn't happen until we get a new coach. Obviously I'd like it to be earlier, but the new coach (assuming Jay makes it two more years) is probably not gonna want to deal with a QB already on the roster and wants to get his own guy

I know better than to bet against you @Thaiphoon, but

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Alex Smith retires after the 2020 season

You think he will try to come back? I'm thinking he hangs up his cleats before the 2020 season is over (possibly before it starts).

Doctson does not have his rookie contract renewed. Becomes FA

Is this you saying you think they don't execute his fifth year option?

• Kerrigan gets restructured or he is gone after 2021 (when contract ends)
  • Norman same as Kerrigan

Kerrigan, I could maybe see resigning. Norman, I think he's gone after next season tops.

• Cam Sims becomes a full time starter in 2020 and makes the Pro Bowl in 2021
  • Simmie Cobbs comes on and establishes himself as one of the 4 WRs
  • Michael Floyd is re-signed to a vet minimum 2 year deal in 2019

All three of these? I guess you are assuming Crowder walks then (he wasn't addressed in your predictions)?

• CThompson is not re-signed when his contract ends in 2020
  • MVP is signed to a 2 year deal in 2019

Thompson walking, I could definitely see. Peterson re-signing, though? I'm not sure about that (more from his side of the fence than the Redskins).

• Colt McCoy is signed on for 3 more years after this season
  • We get our QBOTF in the 2021 draft

I think I'm with the rest of the forum that I would be very surprised if they rolled with Smith/McCoy/rando going into 2019.

Jay survives this year and next. So he coaches until the end of the 2020 season. But is fired because he continues to suck.

He doesn't suck. He's just mediocre. That still doesn't help the Redskins get into the playoffs with any regularity.

Also, if he were to coach through the entirety of 2020, he would be second longest tenured coach in Redskins history only behind Joe Gibbs. He's currently 5th all time behind Gibbs (248 regular season games, split into 184 and 64 game stints / 272 games if you include playoffs), Norv Turner (109 games / 111 games), George Allen (98 games / 105 games), and Ray Flaherty (78 games / 82 games).

Bruce, on the other hand is OUT as GM (at least on player personnel side) by the end of the 2019 season. Danny gets smart and replaces the GM a year before the coach gets replaced so that the GM can pick the coach. That coach will then get the QBOTF in 2021 draft (see #19 above).

I will be curious if said GM will wait until 2021. Rookie QB might be a solid enticement for new head coach.

Also, ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease ...

Bruce is replaced by Kyle Smith as GM/President of Football Operations ^^^

Kid has looked good, so I'm on board with this provided they actually do a honest-to-goodness talent search and he is judged to be the best available.

Doug Williams gets a symbolic promotion but they still continue to disrespect him

[insert "SON OF A ..." gif from Key & Peele's "Substitute Teacher" skit here]

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Danny actually does something about the culture of poor player conditioning and steals away some S&C coaches from other teams who always seem to do better.

I think that will depend on the GM.

Thai you’re a young man. Im older and don’t want to wait to the mid 2020’s to win a Super Bowl. Your probably very accurate what will Japan and when, but I wish they would be bolder and go for it by firing everybody, give Mark Murphy 5% equity to be President and full control at end of this season. 

On 12/4/2018 at 8:41 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Okay, since I tend to do short and long term predictions (remember the one about the sellout ending and blackouts [*] happening?) and I enjoy taking the slings and arrows for those predictions, I wanted to post something that I THINK could happen in the next two years regarding the Players and the Front Office/Coaches. Note that I'm not talking about specific draft picks or anything like that. Just talking about players currently on the roster.

Players

1. Trent Williams calls it a career after the 2020 season.
  2. Jordan Reed restructures his deal or is no longer a Redskin in 2020. He will be either cut or traded if he doesn't renegotiate.
  3. PRich plays his way off the roster by the end of the 2020 season
  4. Scherff gets extended before the 2019 season
  5. Cam Sims becomes a full time starter in 2020 and makes the Pro Bowl in 2021
  6. Simmie Cobbs comes on and establishes himself as one of the 4 WRs
  7. Alex Smith retires after the 2020 season
  8. Mason Foster gets cut in training camp before 2020 season
  9. Ha Ha gets let go after this season
  10. Doctson does not have his rookie contract renewed. Becomes FA
  11. Kerrigan gets restructured or he is gone after 2021 (when contract ends)
  12. Norman same as Kerrigan
  13. Colt McCoy is signed on for 3 more years after this season
  14. CThompson is not re-signed when his contract ends in 2020
  15. Preston Smith is allowed to go FA and signs elsewhere in 2019
  16. Michael Floyd is re-signed to a vet minimum 2 year deal in 2019
  17. Ty Nsehke is signed to a 2 year deal (actually 1 year but 2 for cap purposes) in 2019 
  18. MVP is signed to a 2 year deal in 2019
  19. We get our QBOTF in the 2021 draft
  20. I have more but am stopping for now to feed the baby. Plus I want to get to my F.O. predictions

Front Office/Coaches

1. Jay survives this year and next. So he coaches until the end of the 2020 season. But is fired because he continues to suck.
  2. Bruce, on the other hand is OUT as GM (at least on player personnel side) by the end of the 2019 season. Danny gets smart and replaces the GM a year before the coach gets replaced so that the GM can pick the coach. That coach will then get the QBOTF in 2021 draft (see #19 above).
  3. Bruce is replaced by Kyle Smith as GM/President of Football Operations ^^^
  4. Doug Williams gets a symbolic promotion but they still continue to disrespect him
  5. Danny actually does something about the culture of poor player conditioning and steals away some S&C coaches from other teams who always seem to do better.
  6. The team announces by the end of the 2020 season, that they will be moving to a new stadium in NoVa (much to my chagrin) once the deal runs out at Fed Ex
  7. I have more but again...need to feed the baby.

[*] If the NFL had kept the blackout rules in effect when I posted the prediction the Redskins local games would've been blacked out by now.

Ok...what are yours? Looking for serious but maybe a bit out there predictions like I did above. Nothing like "Josh Norman gets attacked by a pack of teddy bears" (although that would be cool to report, huh?).

Players

1.  Trent Williams plays until he can’t anymore. I think he plays until he’s near 40 like Jackie Slater. The guy just loves football, and he loves his teammates. If he can walk or breath, he’ll be out there. Now, by the time he’s 35 or 36 he may end being moved to LG or RT, but he’ll still be on the team IMO.

2. I agree with your #2. In fact, given his injury history and the fact that he still has pain in his toes despite his surgery, I could see him retiring at the age of 30.

3. Agreed about PRich. I think his contact will end up being a two year deal and then we get out of it. That being said, I do think he’ll have a better year next year, health withstanding. I think next year his stats are: 60 recs, 850 yds & 6 TDs.

4. Agreed about Scherff

5. I don’t agree about Cam Sims.  Think he’s a career long #4 or 5 wr in the NFL.

6. Cobbs = Sims

7. I think Maurice remains better than them, as he is now, and Harris is our #4 WR for years to come.

8. I think Crowder leaves via free agency and Trey Quinn is our slot WR next year and for years to come.

9. Alex Smith retires after this season.ithink with the issues he’s having that he should and I think his wife talks him into it for sure.

10. Mason Foster is cut after this season. We draft an ILB in the first 3 rounds to compete with SDH & Vigil to be the 2019 starting mike ILB next to Brown.uy

11. Haha Clinton-Dix is re-signed to be our FS - something Swearinger struggles at bc he jumps too many short routes - Swearinger is cut, and Nicholson is our 2019 starting SS next to HCD

12. Agreed on Doctson & Kerrigan

13. Norman is cut after this season. He’s just overpaid, I’ve thought it since we signed him, he shouldn’t be making QB money. He’s a good but not great corner.

14. Agree on Colt 

15. I think CT is re-signed after this contract. Although he gets injured, like Reed, you just can’t replicate him when he’s healthy. I think Bibbs or Marshall are retained bc they’re good change of pace backs and receivers should CT get injured, but we won’t keep both next year like we did this year.

16. I’m torn on Preston. It depends on the contract for both him and Haha whether I’d resign them or not.if we can re-sign PSmith to an orakpo type deal, 4 or 5 years $30-35 million, then I’d re-sign him. If it’s above $40 million, I wouldn’t. My thought process is that Kerrigan will retire when his contact is up and we can move PSmith to his more natural position of LDE/LOLB (where he played in college) when Kerrigan retires, and we draft a speed rusher to eventually replace PSmith at ROLB when Kerrigan retires in 3 years.

17. I agree.

18. Agree on Nsekhe. We need his versatility. He’s able to play every position but center on our OL. Even if it costs $3 million to keep him, we should. He does need to practice more and get more preseason reps at RT though next offseason, he has to get better there.

19. I agree.

20. Disagree, I think we draft a qb high in the 2019 draft or 2020.

Front Office predictions. I’m out of that business, I have no idea what the nutcase... I mean owner will do. I’ve rarely agreed with anything he’s done since 1999. He’s unpredictable.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:54 PM, lavar703 said:

I don’t care what anybody says, if this team loses out and Kirk goes to the playoffs and wins a game or two, Jay and Bruce are gone. 

I hope you’re right, but I’ll still believe it when I see it.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Players

1.  Trent Williams plays until he can’t anymore. I think he plays until he’s near 40 like Jackie Slater. The guy just loves football, and he loves his teammates. If he can walk or breath, he’ll be out there. Now, by the time he’s 35 or 36 he may end being moved to LG or RT, but he’ll still be on the team IMO.

2. I agree with your #2. In fact, given his injury history and the fact that he still has pain in his toes despite his surgery, I could see him retiring at the age of 30.

3. Agreed about PRich. I think his contact will end up being a two year deal and then we get out of it. That being said, I do think he’ll have a better year next year, health withstanding. I think next year his stats are: 60 recs, 850 yds & 6 TDs.

4. Agreed about Scherff

5. I don’t agree about Cam Sims.  Think he’s a career long #4 or 5 wr in the NFL.

6. Cobbs = Sims

7. I think Maurice remains better than them, as he is now, and Harris is our #4 WR for years to come.

8. I think Crowder leaves via free agency and Trey Quinn is our slot WR next year and for years to come.

9. Alex Smith retires after this season.ithink with the issues he’s having that he should and I think his wife talks him into it for sure.

10. Mason Foster is cut after this season. We draft an ILB in the first 3 rounds to compete with SDH & Vigil to be the 2019 starting mike ILB next to Brown.uy

11. Haha Clinton-Dix is re-signed to be our FS - something Swearinger struggles at bc he jumps too many short routes - Swearinger is cut, and Nicholson is our 2019 starting SS next to HCD

12. Agreed on Doctson & Kerrigan

13. Norman is cut after this season. He’s just overpaid, I’ve thought it since we signed him, he shouldn’t be making QB money. He’s a good but not great corner.

14. Agree on Colt 

15. I think CT is re-signed after this contract. Although he gets injured, like Reed, you just can’t replicate him when he’s healthy. I think Bibbs or Marshall are retained bc they’re good change of pace backs and receivers should CT get injured, but we won’t keep both next year like we did this year.

16. I’m torn on Preston. It depends on the contract for both him and Haha whether I’d resign them or not.if we can re-sign PSmith to an orakpo type deal, 4 or 5 years $30-35 million, then I’d re-sign him. If it’s above $40 million, I wouldn’t. My thought process is that Kerrigan will retire when his contact is up and we can move PSmith to his more natural position of LDE/LOLB (where he played in college) when Kerrigan retires, and we draft a speed rusher to eventually replace PSmith at ROLB when Kerrigan retires in 3 years.

17. I agree.

18. Agree on Nsekhe. We need his versatility. He’s able to play every position but center on our OL. Even if it costs $3 million to keep him, we should. He does need to practice more and get more preseason reps at RT though next offseason, he has to get better there.

19. I agree.

20. Disagree, I think we draft a qb high in the 2019 draft or 2020.

Front Office predictions. I’m out of that business, I have no idea what the nutcase... I mean owner will do. I’ve rarely agreed with anything he’s done since 1999. He’s unpredictable.

Good take on things Turtle

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Good take on things Turtle

If we had us guys in here that have been active in this forum for 5-10 plus years running this team we’d be far better off, we all know this, and it’s frankly sad that us fans can do a better job than most of the people Snyder has hired since 2000.

Archived