Week 14 - Rams @ Bears SNF

RamRod

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This game honestly feels like for us when you are 15 and you play basketball against your 17 year old brother. You might be similar, but he is ahead in his maturation and skill level.

That game had a different feel being the older brother :D But then my middle brother was taller than me and over 6' at 12 hahaha

I think this will be an interesting game for the Rams. There is no defense that they will play in the playoffs better than the Bears. There is no NFC defense that is as good as the Bears and in the AFC maybe the Texans and Chargers are close.

A strong game against this defense has to make them clear Super Bowl favorites and almost guarantees that the Rams do not have to go to New Orleans, which is huge.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, jrry32 said:

He's for real. And damn any person who tries to tell me to wait and see. xD

Hah.

If we are talking about getting an accurate assessment of Kyle then you have to wait. Hard to compare two guys' grades when one has an incomplete (but that's for another thread)

I keep hearing Goff has done poorly in cold weather, which games are they talking about? Maybe you guys should have just stayed in DET and practiced in the snow with the lions lol

The niners used to do that when we had harbaugh. I always thought it was cool, kind of like a second TC where you avoid some travel. 

I know your offense was a little slow for 3 quarters last week, any particular reason why? You think it might have just been the 10am start? Or was it anything in particular that the lions did?

Fangio rarely blitzes but is still able to manufacture pressure with the stunts he runs. His defense's are usually pretty good at sniffing out screens. Fangio is one of the best at getting his guys prepared for a game. It will be very interesting to see how he plays it and what McVay has cooked up this week.  

Its two of the best young offensive minds in the game as head coaches, with older veteran 3-4 DCs. Sort of an old school defense vs new school offense regardless of who has the ball. Its a battle of #1 overall vs #2 overall the following year. Its the top two guys for DPOY. 

You have to think both coaching staffs are thinking about a rematch in January, and I wonder how that will affect certain play calls/decisions. 

Should be a fun one

On 12/8/2018 at 2:02 AM, N4L said:

I keep hearing Goff has done poorly in cold weather, which games are they talking about?

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Bear fan. The bigger issue is his splits on the road. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Jared-Goff-road-struggles-Bears-125977250/

In six starts at home this season, Goff has completed 157 of his 224 passing attempts (70 percent) for 2,199 yards with 18 touchdowns and two interceptions. In those games, he has recorded a 124.5 quarterback rating and 11 yards per passing attempt. In six games on the road, Goff has completed 118 of his 190 passing attempts (62 percent) for 1,555 yards with just nine touchdowns and five interceptions. He has a 92.8 quarterback rating on the road and is averaging just under eight yards per attempt.

===========================

In Denver, the only other cold weather game the Rams played, Goff was 14-28 201 yards and sacked 5 times with one pick. They won 23-20. 

Its gameday everyone. I know the Rams are going to show up but will they show out? Its going to be a big game for both teams. The Bears still have a shot to get the 2 seed or even the 1 seed if everything breaks right. They certainly are still in a battle with the Vikings for the division. The Rams can clinch a 1st round bye in the playoffs if they win tonight. They are also in a fight for the 1 seed with the Saints and even the Bears. So this game is huge.

With all that being said, I have the Rams winning 31-21. I know many people dont think the Rams can or will score 30+pts against the Bears with the weather conditions being a such. I think they certainly can. The offense didnt look sharp last week so you can best believe McVay is going to have them focused this week to do the little things right to be in position to score more points than what others think they wont. 

Goff - 280yds passing 2 tds and 1 int

Gurley - 115yds rushing and 2 tds; 5 catches for 50yds receiving

Cooks - 6 catches for 90yds receiving

Woods - 6 catches for 80yds receiving and 1 td

Reynolds - 4 catches for 60yds receiving and 1 td

Defense sacks Trubisky 5x (Donald with 2 sacks). Also the defense forces 2 turnovers.

1 minute ago, ibt734 said:

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Bear fan. The bigger issue is his splits on the road. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Jared-Goff-road-struggles-Bears-125977250/

In six starts at home this season, Goff has completed 157 of his 224 passing attempts (70 percent) for 2,199 yards with 18 touchdowns and two interceptions. In those games, he has recorded a 124.5 quarterback rating and 11 yards per passing attempt. In six games on the road, Goff has completed 118 of his 190 passing attempts (62 percent) for 1,555 yards with just nine touchdowns and five interceptions. He has a 92.8 quarterback rating on the road and is averaging just under eight yards per attempt.

In Denver, the only other cold weather game the Rams played, Goff was 14-28 201 yards and sacked 5 times with one pick. They won 23-20. 

He also had a cold game last season in Tennessee (the weather was 40 degrees or below) and he threw for 301yds 4tds and no ints and engineered his first ever 4th quarter comeback. Since that game, Goff is the leader in the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks if Im not mistaken. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

He also had a cold game last season in Tennessee (the weather was 40 degrees or below) and he threw for 301yds 4tds and no ints and engineered his first ever 4th quarter comeback. Since that game, Goff is the leader in the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks if Im not mistaken. 

That's last year. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

BTW, Nashville weather that day was 43 degrees and overcast. Not below 40. 

1 hour ago, ibt734 said:

One thing worth noting from that game was it was the first time he'd ever worn gloves I'm curious to see if he does tonight because they clearly affected him. 

I'm also curious to see how the Bears defense plays we all know they're talented but a number that keeps getting thrown around is the 21 interceptions. If we look closer 18 came against Eli, Rosen, Peterman, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Cousins, Osweiler and Stafford. When you played against better QB's in Brady, Rodgers and Wilson they combined for 2 with Kizer throwing the INT against Green Bay. Didn't even get one from the rookie in Darnold. So the numbers look good but against better QB's haven't forced that many interceptions. Granted that is what good teams are supposed to do in feast on bad teams, but you guys haven't played many of those. I look forward to a good game tonight.

Archived