Aaron Rodgers SUCKED Against the Cardinals (Gif Edition)

AlexGreen#20

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Gutekunst replies "we will look at things after the season.  We are committed to exploring all options to win titles. "

Things start going south, and Rodgers accelerates the rebuild by playing sitting for better draft capital. 

"Alright, have fun and I'm holding out the preseason."

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

"Alright, have fun and I'm holding out the preseason."

You still haven't answered the question about rooting for losses. You're a Packer fan openly rooting for loss today. I don't question that you want what's best for the team. Why can't Rodgers feel the same way? Why can't he conclude like you did that losing now will give the team its best shot to reach the top of the mountain while he's still there? And given he's the person on the planet who has the biggest impact on the field, what good does playing his best accomplish if he knows it still won't be good enough to win now? Furthermore he realizes that 8-7-1 or 9-6-1 might not result in the change that's necessary. He's been on that treadmill for years now while playing up to his capabilities. If I were him and I concluded that this treadmill of me playing like an MVP but the team coming up shorter and shorter every year was all for nothing, I'd be willing to hold back some if I knew it would lead to the needed changes. It's like Winston Moss came out and said, the whole organization was complacent because of Rodgers covering their mistakes. It was time for Rodgers to make some mistakes to end the complacency.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

You still haven't answered the question about rooting for losses. You're a Packer fan openly rooting for loss today. I don't question that you want what's best for the team. Why can't Rodgers feel the same way? Why can't he conclude like you did that losing now will give the team its best shot to reach the top of the mountain while he's still there? And given he's the person on the planet who has the biggest impact on the field, what good does playing his best accomplish if he knows it still won't be good enough to win now? Furthermore he realizes that 8-7-1 or 9-6-1 might not result in the change that's necessary. He's been on that treadmill for years now while playing up to his capabilities. If I were him and I concluded that this treadmill of me playing like an MVP but the team coming up shorter and shorter every year was all for nothing, I'd be willing to hold back some if I knew it would lead to the needed changes. It's like Winston Moss came out and said, the whole organization was complacent because of Rodgers covering their mistakes. It was time for Rodgers to make some mistakes to end the complacency.

Because Rodgers is getting paid tremendous sums of money to win games.

Because this team was good enough to make the playoffs and compete if Rodgers wasn't being a prick, assuming that you're correct he's tanking on purpose and I don't think you are.

If David Bakhtiari decided that he needed to tank it for the good of the team long term, this wouldn't be a conversation.

Because Rodgers hasn't been the best of the best since like 2015. He hasn't been an MVP caliber player in forever. 

+++

Rodgers should have told the team that he wasn't signing an extension with McCarthy as the head coach if that's what he wanted. This method was stupid. 

And right on cue, now that change is afoot, Rodgers immediately looks like Aaron Rogers once again. We all knew this was coming, yet it's a conspiracy theory? It's just real life. We all have motivations. We all do things that might not be taken too well by others if we believe what we are doing is for the greater good.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because this team was good enough to make the playoffs and compete if Rodgers wasn't being a prick, assuming that you're correct he's tanking on purpose and I don't think you are.

If David Bakhtiari decided that he needed to tank it for the good of the team long term, this wouldn't be a conversation.

Because Rodgers hasn't been the best of the best since like 2015. He hasn't been an MVP caliber player in forever. 

+++

Rodgers should have told the team that he wasn't signing an extension with McCarthy as the head coach if that's what he wanted. This method was stupid. 

And yet players who would be healthy enough to play if the playoffs were a realistic possibility, are now not playing. Players who would be out there today if it were a playoff game are sitting for the greater good for the team's future. These players are investments. Teams sacrifice losses now for wins later. Rodgers doing the same once this season was lost is not something we should have a problem with. The team does it.

13 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And yet players who would be healthy enough to play if the playoffs were a realistic possibility, are now not playing. Players who would be out there today if it were a playoff game are sitting for the greater good for the team's future. These players are investments. Teams sacrifice losses now for wins later. Rodgers doing the same once this season was lost is not something we should have a problem with. The team does it.

That decision is up to teams and management to make, not players.

This entire game is focused on the premise of everyone doing their job. When people start doing more than their job, that's when you have problems.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That decision is up to teams and management to make, not players.

This entire game is focused on the premise of everyone doing their job. When people start doing more than their job, that's when you have problems.

Agree 100% on it being a problem. It should never have come to this. The problem is management was slow to act on too many occasions.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

+++

And the fact that he DID sign the extension kinda calls into question that Rodgers was purposely tanking to get his HC canned.

I wonder if we just looked better because the Falcons are worse than we are.

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

And the fact that he DID sign the extension kinda calls into question that Rodgers was purposely tanking to get his HC canned.

I wonder if we just looked better because the Falcons are worse than we are.

Do folks on this site really believe Rodgers "tanked" this season to get McCarthy fired?  I find this thought process to be absurd  and a stretch by any imagination.  

We've all seen players who were sick, injured, facing adversity play above the circumstances. Simply a matter of heightened concentration to compensate and success follows. For that reason, I'm not surprised about todays game. Next week will tell the story, now that things should settle back down

27 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Do folks on this site really believe Rodgers "tanked" this season to get McCarthy fired?  I find this thought process to be absurd  and a stretch by any imagination.  

There were some who suggested that after Mac got fired.

7 hours ago, coachbuns said:

It's either that or he's just really terrible this season.

And for the record I don't think he purposely tanked either. So we're left with the other reason.

Archived