RYAN TANNEHILL appreciation thread

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Your team needs to trade up and get Lock at 10th or 11th overall.  Mostly because I want you to continue that home victory trend against the Patriots, but also because I want another QB off the board before the Packers pick. 

Trade up for Lock??  I’ll literally puke if we select him at 13....... I’ll puke and s@#$ at the same time if we trade up for him.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Your team needs to trade up and get Lock at 10th or 11th overall.  Mostly because I want you to continue that home victory trend against the Patriots, but also because I want another QB off the board before the Packers pick. 

Who Goes There? ;)

I wanna see Fins trading down. Explode the Roster year one of the rebuild. 

18 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Trade up for Lock??  I’ll literally puke if we select him at 13....... I’ll puke and s@#$ at the same time if we trade up for him.

I don't have the words right now to adequately explain what I will do if that were to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2019 at 4:02 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I think he showed a lot of toughness and character in his time here. And unlike most Dolfans, I think his quality of play on the field was above expectation given the trash OL, mediocre weapons, and revolving door coaching staff we gave him throughout his tenure here. I also believe that if he hadn't gotten hurt at the end of the 2016 season we could be in a very different place right now. The difference stems from the fact that I'm far more critical of our other players than other Dolphins fans seem to be... to be honest, we've had a bottom 5 team talent-wise the last couple seasons (easily worst in the league right now).

I legitimately believe that if we fail to tank for Tua we won't see a better QB behind center than Tannehill was in the foreseeable future. And even if we do get one, if we can't shore up the offensive line, we'll be putting whoever we do stick back there in a position impossible to succeed, like we did to Tanne.

I haven't been on here for a long time (and have had to make a new account) but completely agree with this when it comes to Tannehill.  I know the league has become more passer friendly but I can't help but think back to the much more talented rosters that the likes of Fiedler and Henne had.  How much more successful would those sides have been if they had a QB that could boast a near 2:1 TD:INT ratio? 

The key to success is finding and getting the most out of young and non all-pro players week in and week out season after season. Few teams have a roster full of all pro type players on an individual basis, but you take a group of players that have certain skill sets that they excel at  and team them together as one unit working together in schemes that they excel at and your team all of a sudden starts looking great on the field on Sundays. Miami has not had a staff that can do this since Jimmy Johnson was coach, when you force a player to excel in a situation that he cannot do physically or mentally it will always end in failure. How many times over the years has Miami cast a young player away only for him to go to another team and be great?

Every year the first month of the season everyone says the Patriots are done as they struggle to win games  when all they are doing the first month of the season is adjusting there game planning to the new years talent they have brought in and what they can do best. I hope the new staff in Miami can recognize and teach new and under achieving talent how to get the most out of what they can do best and win as a team of great team talent and discipline  and not as a group individual super stars. 

I know the Patriots have Brady and that makes a huge difference but he does not play special teams or defense and they dominate there year after year by the end of each season with very few household names doing it. It is all about discipline ,mental toughness, out scheming your opponent  , and doing your job on the field to the best of your abilities that you are given to do much like a military operation. 

I hope Flores and his staff can change the culture in Miami and instill a tough winning attitude in the Dolphin franchise once again. 

It is hard to believe that their are 20 year old Dolphin fans  out there that have never really experienced a deep down since of pride in this franchise that a lot of us old timers once felt.

7 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

It is hard to believe that their are 20 year old Dolphin fans  out there that have never really experienced a deep down since of pride in this franchise that a lot of us old timers once felt.

I just realized that the last Dolphins game I went to was their last playoff win. In my JR year of high school, 12/30/2000 vs a 3rd year QB named Peyton Manning. (I think I've only been to 2 Fins games in my life)

Archived