GB's and Clappers: Sheagles at Dallas

HDsportsfan

49 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Salary cap. 

First of all, Looney has been a pleasant surprise, but he is a very clear downgrade from Fredbeard. I think the biggest thing we are missing right now are the protection assignments, the ones that the center assigned. 

Secondly, Travis signed his contract this year. We literally can not let him walk with out crippling ourselves. 

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

First of all, Looney has been a pleasant surprise, but he is a very clear downgrade from Fredbeard. I think the biggest thing we are missing right now are the protection assignments, the ones that the center assigned. 

Secondly, Travis signed his contract this year. We literally can not let him walk with out crippling ourselves. 

I would like to point out that Connor came in for Zack and performed admirably. 

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I can't even believe this is being discussed.

Looney was snapping the ball in the dirt all night.  The refs were BEYOND horrible. And quite frankly made the game hard to watch. Dak was bad 75% of the game, until he started lobbing it up Randall Cunningham style to Amari. Scott Linehan was horrible in the redzone, and Cooper said the DB knew he was running a slant on the last play, and none of his fakes were going to work(SL). The defender played it perfectly and we got a lucky bounce. 99/100 that's an incomplete or a pick. But I'll take it.

When I start these threads at the end of games I kinda flip flop between the two....you know...thinking both are metaphorically speaking Jock straps.

So which is it? I can't imagine anyone thinking JG is the GB equivalent. Unless I'm missing something and taking your post to literally. LOL

14 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

When I start these threads at the end of games I kinda flip flop between the two....you know...thinking both are metaphorically speaking Jock straps.

So which is it? I can't imagine anyone thinking JG is the GB equivalent. Unless I'm missing something and taking your post to literally. LOL

68r22zw.gif

8 hours ago, TVScout said:

GB goes to Looney. He has quietly made a seamless replacement for Fredbeard.

No, he really hasn’t. The o-line is substantially inferior with Looney at Center, and Looney is having a pretty productive season. I would not say that it’s been “seamless” by any means. 

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

No, he really hasn’t. The o-line is substantially inferior with Looney at Center, and Looney is having a pretty productive season. I would not say that it’s been “seamless” by any means. 

Okay my take I really think we have a top 15-20 OL. It is not even close to top 10 level as it is now that may change if Smith starts playing closer to his good level. Mostly the run blocking is bad occasionally they block a play or two well and rarely on short yardage runs

I’ve seen good blocking on sweeps traps screens the rest mostly is garbage    I just find it amazing based on how the OL blocks regularly that people here think we like in years past can just pound the ball down other teams throats especially in red zone and the results show we rarely get more then 1-2 yards on 1st and goal and most of the time Zeke is being contacted behind the line of scrimmage I also think coaches realize this and why we are seeing a lot more second down and sometimes 1st down throws   

IMO most of our running success is based on

1 Zeke is a stud top 1 or 2 RB in the league 

2 we catch teams off guard a lot on some type of plays the counter the sweep and the trap plays

I really think Zeke is just getting used running the ball way too much and is going to burn out at this rate within two years

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Okay my take I really think we have a top 15-20 OL. It is not even close to top 10 level as it is now that may change if Smith starts playing closer to his good level. Mostly the run blocking is bad occasionally they block a play or two well and rarely on short yardage runs

I’ve seen good blocking on sweeps traps screens the rest mostly is garbage    I just find it amazing based on how the OL blocks regularly that people here think we like in years past can just pound the ball down other teams throats especially in red zone and the results show we rarely get more then 1-2 yards on 1st and goal and most of the time Zeke is being contacted behind the line of scrimmage I also think coaches realize this and why we are seeing a lot more second down and sometimes 1st down throws   

IMO most of our running success is based on

1 Zeke is a stud top 1 or 2 RB in the league 

2 we catch teams off guard a lot on some type of plays the counter the sweep and the trap plays

I really think Zeke is just getting used running the ball way too much and is going to burn out at this rate within two years

I think Dallas/Zeke run the best when Dallas mixes up the plays well on first down. AND doesn't get stupid penalties. I also like when Dak/Dallas gets Zeke some catches early. It helps open up the other targets IMO.

14 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It's TRUE. But I have been impressed with Looney I thought we would look much worse then this. Fred beard was pretty awesome at picking up the blitzes and calling line audibles. 

Archived