Week 15 Titans vs. Giants

KingTitan

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

I thought it was common knowledge by now that Marcus can't carry the load on his own?

It is, but I said I love the guy, but would love someone who could do that,  and got comments about him leading the team to victory because he's capable of leading a game winning drive.. which is different entirely.

All I'm saying is that at some point I'd love for my favorite team not to rely on the defense playing lights out and the other team letting us run all over them in order for us to win.

I'd love to see a passing attack that's even top 15 in the league, but we're lucky not to be last. 

18 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

All I'm saying is that at some point I'd love for my favorite team not to rely on the defense playing lights out and the other team letting us run all over them in order for us to win.

I'd love to see a passing attack that's even top 15 in the league, but we're lucky not to be last. 

But would you not say he has had coaches that wanted to run the ball? 
We know Murlakey wanted too. And Robinson/Vrabel want to do the same. Robinson has invested heavily in the line and running game. Vrabel brought in a system that demands the running game to be successful. 

We didn't bring in Andy Reid, Sean Payton or any of those guys who view the short passing game as running plays. Can you admit that our offenses have never catered to being a top 15 passing team?

This year, there have only been 3 games where he has been able to throw the ball more than 30 times. and he has 5 TDs and 3 INTs with 862 yards. We were 2-1 in those games.
Last year, 7 games over 30 passes and he has 1,715 yards 6TDs/7INTS (4 in Pitt).  We were 4-4 in those games. 
In 2016,  7 games over 30 passes and he had 1,799 yards 11TDs/7INTS.  We were 2-7 in those games.
Then rookie year, 8 games 2, 124 yards 12 TDs/8 INTs 1-7 in those games. 

I think we can agree the team has gotten better around him from his rookie year to now.  If we want to be a top passing team, it has to start with passing the ball. Just by comparison Mahomes has throw less than 30 times in only 3 games this year. I think to assume that he can't carry to load based on the sample size given is inaccurate. He hasn't been asked to do so, because of the type of coaches we have had. 

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So if it isn't already, when does Kelly vs Conklin become a legit discussion. 

Eh I’ll give Conklin the benefit of doubt because he did have the injury excuse. He probably shouldn’t have even been playing this season or not that early. I mean he was getting completely dominated in the games he played this year so something wasn’t right. 

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But would you not say he has had coaches that wanted to run the ball? 
We know Murlakey wanted too. And Robinson/Vrabel want to do the same. Robinson has invested heavily in the line and running game. Vrabel brought in a system that demands the running game to be successful. 

We didn't bring in Andy Reid, Sean Payton or any of those guys who view the short passing game as running plays. Can you admit that our offenses have never catered to being a top 15 passing team?

This year, there have only been 3 games where he has been able to throw the ball more than 30 times. and he has 5 TDs and 3 INTs with 862 yards. We were 2-1 in those games.
Last year, 7 games over 30 passes and he has 1,715 yards 6TDs/7INTS (4 in Pitt).  We were 4-4 in those games. 
In 2016,  7 games over 30 passes and he had 1,799 yards 11TDs/7INTS.  We were 2-7 in those games.
Then rookie year, 8 games 2, 124 yards 12 TDs/8 INTs 1-7 in those games. 

I think we can agree the team has gotten better around him from his rookie year to now.  If we want to be a top passing team, it has to start with passing the ball. Just by comparison Mahomes has throw less than 30 times in only 3 games this year. I think to assume that he can't carry to load based on the sample size given is inaccurate. He hasn't been asked to do so, because of the type of coaches we have had. 

Yeah his coaches want to run the ball. When we have no running game he looks bad. The Eagles game was the only game I can ever remember him doing it all in the air with no help on the ground, really ever, and still we only had 3 points at halftime.

It's not even up for debate at this point that low attempts is not holding Mariota back.The running game props him up and he needs the play-action creating bigger throwing lanes to be an effective passer. He cannot throw people open and will not throw into tight windows.

I'm hoping that the running game and defense can prop him up long enough in the league and that he'll hopefully improve down the road. He's usually good late in the 4th quarter and that's worth something.

I had thought that there was little debate that at times Marcus can put this  team on his back and carry them the problem with that is for Marcus to really shine based on his skill set the team needs to run a wide open spread offense with a quick passing game combined with his skill at making plays out of the pocket that is totally counter to the skill set Henry brings and the heavy type run game   It’s a balancing act one that Marcus has done a great job this year of being more of a pocket passer of course he has been greatly helped by having more disciplined skilled recievers in Davis Sharpe and Taylor   Though the act that he’s in the third string TE is a limiting factor also

37 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah his coaches want to run the ball. When we have no running game he looks bad. The Eagles game was the only game I can ever remember him doing it all in the air with no help on the ground, really ever, and still we only had 3 points at halftime.

It's not even up for debate at this point that low attempts is not holding Mariota back.The running game props him up and he needs the play-action creating bigger throwing lanes to be an effective passer. He cannot throw people open and will not throw into tight windows.

I'm hoping that the running game and defense can prop him up long enough in the league and that he'll hopefully improve down the road. He's usually good late in the 4th quarter and that's worth something.

Sorry that is just false. Even this past week he made tight timing throw to Davis on the left side line. He routinely threw into small windows in the redzone to Delaine the past few years. I guess I have to go search for gifs to prove this more. But that is just flat wrong. 

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hey guys the biggest Mariota homer is putting up a few plays on Twitter to try and showcase he’s a good QB again...

Lets see the other plays where he holds onto the ball for too long and takes a sack. There’s plenty of them out there.

The source doesn't discredit the play. 
He said he can't. Showed he could. 

Archived